Hasbro's Transformers Q&A 2010 Round 2 Answers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    1) With Human Alliance Barricade, Mudflap heading to stores, and Human Alliance Jazz announced for later this year, fans are eagerly awaiting the next installment in the popular subline. What is Hasbro's strategy for keeping this line relevant between Revenge of the Fallen and the third movie?

2) The common consensus for Optimus Prime's toy from Movie 1 to Revenge of the Fallen is that the ROTF toy is leaps and bounds above the original. When the character model hasn't changed that much between the two movies, and is undergoing supposedly minor changes for TF3, how do you manage to find ways to improve upon toy renditions and make them better? More specifically, what is the process behind looking at a figure that isn't changing drastically, yet you still need to improve upon it?

Looking around the fandom at answers posted this round, looks like not too much provided in the way of revelations prior to the summer convention season. :( 

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  2. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    does sound like they have plans for human alliance, but aren't set on announcing details. almost sounds like it's just initial stages and they aren't sure about continuing it

3. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    Given how far out they have to plan new releases, I'm sure they have an idea beyond Jazz/Lennox. I'm guessing they're holding off on any revelations until BotCon and/or SDCC.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I take this to mean they had to use concept art for the new characters introduced in ROTF as well. I wonder how much better toys like the Fallen could have been with access to these CG builds.

5. SpicyRichter

SpicyRichter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thier holding thier cards tight: it's convention season boys!

6. mikeyfuzz

mikeyfuzz Newly converted GIJoe fan

Ebay:
    Pretty good questions, I like the sneaky HA question.

7. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

Actually still waiting for that Mudflap to come out :mad 

8. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I hope they get to work with the CG models for TF3. The back and forth cooperation on Animated led to some of the best toys ever, but they seem to get left out of the loop on the movies.

It was weird to read that they were following the set reports and leaks to get info.

9. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The allspark as usual has the best QnA
    1) Can you share any information about the future of the Transformers: Generations line? Just what exactly is it set to include? Could things like the unreleased Animated figures such as Blackout, Wingblade Prime, Hydrodive Bumblebee, Wasp or Vortex Blurr be included? What about U.S. versions of Henkei Thundercracker, and Dirge (Since we have already heard of a Red Alert)?

QUOTE(Hasbro)
    The Transformers Generation line is meant to be an all encompassing line that spans all "generations" of Transformers. Therefore the reason for inclusion of War for Cybetron figures with others like Darkmount, or Red Alert. The easy answer is yes, in due time, Generations could encompass the Animated figures that you have listed, however, we do not have any immediate plans to do so.

2) A while back you told us in several Q&A answers that Hasbro had the story of Primus' Original Thirteen Transformers all planned out (giving us hints like "only 7 of the 13 were named Primes," and "one of the 13 was an important female warrior.") We were told to stand-by to learn more about this mysterious legendary era of Cybertron soon. It's very exciting to hear there's a plan for this mysterious and important piece of Transformer "history," would you be able to give us any hints now on where (what format) and when you plan on telling this epic story?

QUOTE(Hasbro)
    The story of the 13 is too big to deliver in any one format. Going forward we plan on releasing parts of the story through animation, publishing, and other entertainment. Thus, to get the whole story of the 13, it may take several years for fans to connect all the dots. We will begin unraveling this story in the upcoming novel Exodus based on the War for Cybertron video game.

10. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

well i dont know about any of you, but i was under the impression HA mudflap was ALREADY out. still cant find the little shit.. :mad 

but regardless of that, i would be happy as a clam to see more human alliance. its a great series of toys.

11. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really want to see what they'll do with Prime. I mean how do you improve perfection?

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Oh... that sounds good with the Leader Prime toy answer. :) 

Wow... imagine if they made a new toy for every on-screen character in ROTF and the first film now based on the ILM models... the screen accuracy would probably be really stepped up. :D  Ratchet, Ironhide, The Fallen, Devastator, Megatron, Bonecrusher, Brawl... etc, they could all have much better toys. Very nice idea.

13. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Surely HA line will see some wild repaints.

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I would point out that Mudflap and skids are now defunct and would need to be remade or partialy remolded as they no longer look the same in the 3rd movie as in the 2nd one.

I wish I could get an answer as to if the Movie molds will ever be available to Botcon.

I want Ratchet into Payload (from the card game) etc...

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
  16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    WOO. VAGUE POSSIBILITIES.

:p 

17. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Holy balls, they answered one of my questions :D 

Very fun stuff though. Got to read through the rest of the Q&A answers now...

18. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Agreed.

19. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    They could start by giving him a waist joint...

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    or gutting the sound box.