Hasbro's Position on ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bulkhide, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Bulkhide

Bulkhide Bulkhead + Ironhide

I'm curious, I've looked but found nothing about what Hasbro's thoughts on ROTF have been. Does anyone know what Hasbro's stance is based around all the controversy with the racism, the sexual humor, and what it means to relate that to their toyline?

I'm not here to start fights or anything of the sort, but I'm genuinely curious as to what Hasbro's thoughts and stance has been.

Anyone know? Or speculate based on what might have been said?

2. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I wasn't aware 31 angry fans nerdraging on the internet constituted 'controversy' that requires a press release. They were involved with every aspect of the film from day one and knew exactly waht was in it at Botcon this year and they seemed to be all smiles and sunshine. I am unsure why they would need to release anything as they knew exactly how mudflap and skids were and all the sexual humor.

I bet thier stance is "WhooooooooooooooooooPIE!" as they all dance around in piles of money.

3. Bulkhide

Well I was just curious about it since it was crapped on by critics and lots of various reports talked about "blackface" TF's and all that. Sorry bout that.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The media does their best at doing what they do best, making a lot of noise and making less important seem important. 200+ million in less then 2 weeks after release lets them know where the real important noise is coming from, and a bunch of self-appointed critics and whiny people isn't it.

5. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Obviously a press release is uncalled for, but it's a good question for one of the panel's at next year's Botcon. For instance, consider how TFA has character quotes on the box, or the info included in bios. I doubt they would print Skids or Mudflap saying "You're a pussy!" on the box, or mention in Wheelie's bio about how he likes to hump legs.

6. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I would love to be at one of those parties.

I envision the process to have gone something like this:

Orci, Kurtzman, & Bay: Hey Hasbro, we'd like to do a few very lowbrow things with Transformers.:p 

Hasbro: Will it be awesome? :inquisiti 
    Bay: :bay 
    Hasbro: Do it. :thumb 

7. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Curious enough to creat a membership no less than 9 days ago?

I'm so sick of all these people signing up lately to come talk shit.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Gotta love the movie crowd. :rolleyes: 

And I think Hasbro could not careless about a little forced controversey. If anything, it's just putting more seats in the theater and potentially more money in their coffers.

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to assume their answer to that question would be: "What? What'd you say? Sorry, we can't hear you over all this MONEY."

10. Bulkhide

Talking shit? How so? I liked the movie, imperfect as it was. I don't see how I was causing shit, but okay.
    I've been reading these boards since 2005. Just never made a membership til the other day. But I guess that doesn't really matter here.

11. highball22

highball22 Banned

Ignore the people who judge you by your register date and post count. Somehow they think they've got more clout if they've been on a message board for the more than half their life. Remember, he had to start at post #1 at some point, too.

12. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

i saw a kid at walmart today buying a skids toy. i think hasbro doesnt mind. if the movie moves product then great. it's all about the benjamins, right?

13. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    :lolol 

14. Bulkhide

Well that's what I would assume. Personally, I think the kids probably loved the twins, though I have no real way to tell myself.

15. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:

And burn all the remaining stock of Henkei toys to their Quintesson overlords. Don't forget that.

16. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:

Okay, if you're done waving around your wang and post count, for those of us unfamiliar with corporate world of press releases and supposed controversy, it isn't an unreasonable question.

I'm curious myself what the various suits think on the subject. Even if the film has allowed them to start writing departmenal memos on $100 bills.

17. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    its an awsome movie unless you have dumb assed teenagers kicking youre seats.... dam kids:banghead: 

18. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Wow. Everything is extremes around here.

I don't think it was that unreasonable a question.

I'm sure Hasbro is delighted with how well the movie is doing financially. But there might be some awkwardness addressing some issues.

I'd like just to say it's a shame that I can't take my 6-year-old to the movie. He loves Transformers and this movie would make him (and therefore us) want to buy Transformers toys for years. But I won't let him see it because there's too much that isn't appropriate for him.

19. Bulkhide

And this is why I had the question I asked. I think financially, Hasbro is dancing around a fire using $100 bills as the fuel for it while howling wildly at the moon. But do you really think they were all that happy with Devastator balls? Or "pussy" talk?

Hell, reality is they probably don't really care at all...

20. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:

You're barking up the wrong guy, Gordon.