hasbro's name problems?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by bumblebee-prime, Sep 24, 2009.

1. bumblebee-prime

bumblebee-prime Elite Guard

you what annoys me is hasbro's name choices. some are ok and some are bad.
    for example in revenge of the fallen you have a a mh-53 chopper named grindcore, "grindcore" was the same vehicle mode, face, and near exact colors. i think that it sould blackout instaed for several reasons.
    1. he was supposedly the closest decepticon next to megatron in the ocean and since he was rebuilt, they have fixed blackout as well.
    2.not long before the movie was out, wal-mart had a wave of figures one of which was named gridcore, but he was an autobot.
    3. almost the intire wave as well as others made it into the reign of starscream comics & the revenge prequle series.

this applys to elita-1 also, there for they should just leave flare-up as her name, since elita-1 was a target exclusive scout repaint of energon arcee, who was killed along with grincore and several others in reign of starscream #5.

now one good exception is the wal-mart wave decepticon jolt. jolt and swindel are both in the revenge prequel novel and prequel comics tf rotf aliance #1&2.
    same colors as the toy, but the name in the book and comic book is changed to dead end for the reason of jolt being in the movie. then a scout-class figure by the name of dead end was released. now i think this works because the scout and deluxe dead end have the almost the exact same bio, and i think the scout dead end looks like a cybertron version of the deluxe dead end (jolt).
    is it just me or has anyone else noticed this theme, it just bugs me as a pet peev. thoughts?

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    CH-53. Grindor.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Hasbro has used and reused and reused names again over the course of Transformers and they don't always make sense Treadbolt for a jet? so just deal with it

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    two different toy lines so the names dont matter

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Reuse of names are a means to keep trademarks in erm, usage, thereby satisfying whatever trademark law requires of you when you apply for a trademarked name or term. Basically, they have to use it or lose it.

Also, it builds up brand awareness. When people hear [insert name or word] they think "Transformers".

As for prequel stuff - the movie itself is canon overriding any prequel stuff if the prequels contradict the movie.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    1. balckout was not in the movie it was girndor, the decpeticon they Only wnated to revive was megs, aslo girndro is a separete character, aslo its girnodr not grindcore, girndcore is an autobot but GRINDOR IS A DECEPTICON
    2. there coulb eb 2 ELITA-1 JUST LIKE THERE ARE 2 SKIDS, cuz in reign of starscream camshaft mentioend skids but the writer told that he was not talking of rotf skdis but another diffrent chracter so i guess there could be 2 skids so its possible that there are 2 elita-ones
    3. its possible that there are 2 or 3 dead ends (read what i typed above)

and i do consider the comic and novels cannon, sry for my bad english

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    no need to apologize for your bad english. it's entertaining, and I dont think any less of you. really. not being sarcastic.

girndro made me smile.

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    what difference does it make, Grindor was never referred by his name.

9. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

On the whole I think okay with the name choices.

10. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    This guy should get his facts straight before ranting...

11. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If everyone did that this forum would be empty!

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It seems like Hasbro has had naming problems across the board since they let names go in several lines so it's not just a Transformers problem. I've got Lt. Torpedo in my Joe collection and a movie Ripcord that looks more like Stalker than the original Ripcord.

From what the writers told us a lot of place holder names are used in filming and since the toys have to be on the shelves in time for the movie and things can be changing in the editing room almost up to release day it's really no wonder that some confusion can happen.

With any luck the successful revival of older characters will make Hasbro hold on to names better in the future.

13. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Apology not withstanding, but if you are going to jump on someone for their mix-up, you should make sure you don't any yourself.

14. bumblebee-prime

another reason it should be blackout

if you watch the final battle in rotf you see scorponok and bonecrusher. with barricade and starscream being the only reviled living decepticons on earth uptill megatrons is reactivated. it would make more sence for him to be blackout as this would show that all but frenzy and brawl survived.

15. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It wasn't Bonecrusher in the final battle. He's dead. It was a Decepticon with the same body type. Just like the multiple Constructicons. Also, Scorponok never died.

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    But why is it important to show that, of all the Decepticons killed in the first movie, only two of them stayed dead? There's not even any connection between Frenzy and Brawlastator where you can say "they weren't brought back because they both ______"

17. oddsey

oddsey Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?

News Credits:
    ;) 

:lolol 

18. bumblebee-prime

i don't know i just prefer to say that it's blackout and the third bike is flair-up not elita one.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Or you have to wonder if there are all these clones, Decepticons back from the dead, or whatever is going on then why wouldn't you want a tank.

20. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Dirtboss for a warehouse forklift. What were they thinking?