Hasbro's Earnings Up, Shares Down

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Superman_Alpha, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Hasbro's Earnings Up, Shares Down
    Games Segment Weak
    February 07, 2006

Hasbro, the nation's number 2 toymaker, reported improved fourth quarter and full year earnings, but the company's stock price fell slightly as investors worried about Hasbro's ability to replace the sales generated by Star Wars toys, which contributed a whopping $494.1 million in 2005, and which are likely to fall precipitously with the end of the Star Wars movie cycle. Hasbro has signed a five-year deal with Marvel (see "Marvel Inks 5-Year Deal With Hasbro"), but that agreement, which one analyst estimates could provide $300 million a year in sales, won't take effect until 2007, which means that Hasbro could have a tough time matching its 2005 performance in 2006.

more of the article can be found at: http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/8182.html

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I doubt they'll match last year also pretty much for the same reason concerning Star Wars. I'm sure there will be plenty of product coming out, it just won't have the same hype anymore. I'm sure they'll have a decent year anyway though.

3. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    yeah, but come 2007 they'll have Marvel with Spider-Man 3 and FF2 AND Transformers movie toys AND (probably) Star Wars TV toys...

i think they'll do OK ;) 

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    maye if it goes low enough, and i come across some money, i could buy a share of hasbro...thatd be sweet...

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They'll be fine, I'm sure. :p  There's still SW stuff out there, just less hype.

6. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Actually what does Hasbro have going for them in 2006? Do you think Transformers will give them a nice boost?