Hasbro's downward spiral...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by YoungPrime, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So now that that crappy movie is over, when are they bringing out the big guns???

Who the hell cares if TRU has an exclusive Fallen figure with a transformable hat?! And how many more Summers Eve Strikeforce vs Tampon Trooper repaints will these diehards idiots broadcast before they realize that they've collected the same lames @ss toy for the 5th time!?!?!

"Oh wow! The new "Detroit Mudflap" has cornrows and a limited crime record collectors card!"

SMH....I haven't been excited for a transformers figure since last spring.

Where the hell is Universe 3.0 and how much longer will they stretch this movie crap until then.....?

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Sorry, your all bold rant was too subtle for me. Are you complaining that there's not enough Movie toys coming out?

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Everything is ruined and awful because its not what I like!

Movie stuff until at least next year. Maybe new classics in 2011. Hasbro is expected to make an announcement about the new show some time this month (but that's not definite).

I don't know what big guns you're expecting, but everything that's going to be coming out in the next couple months has already been announced. Bludgeon, perhaps?

4. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

...Something tells me this guy don't like the movies...And, sales are doing very well for Revenge of the fallen, not sure what downward spiral you're talking about.

But yeah, Movie stuff is stretched out all the way into next year. New classics toys afterwords.

I'm a fan of ROTF, but I'm still jumpy for new possible classics.:) 

5. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Dude, settle down. Seriously, if you don't really like the movie toys that much, you should spend your time filling in the loose ends of other lines. And you must understand that we all have different tastes when it comes to TFs. Some loathe the Animated line and love the Movie line, others can't get enough Beast Wars or G1. Also, if you hate repaints so much, you don't have to buy them. If someone else wants to, then it's his/her own decision.

6. YoungPrime

News Credits:

Well.....yeah I think that's how it works.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:

HOLY CRAP WHEN IS THAT OUT I WANT IT.

I'm enjoying the movie line. and I'm really excited about the stuff on the way.

universe 3.0 or whatever the hell they'll call it is on it's way, it'll have it's turn. no need to yell.

8. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    Just like last time too......sort of surprised how for 2 years I saw nothing but movie line figures and wondered "What's the number of names and repaints jazz has gotten now? I lost count..." Was that a hot selling toy mold or something? : / cause he was the most I ever saw next to Ironhide and Ratchet.

I would like to see new stuff coming faster : / but I was never a big movie toy fan, I own very little of them just cause some were really well done while others were crap.

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Downward spiral" into a pit of money.

10. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Oh I don't......? So what if I was just slightly perturbed, would I be forced to buy waves 1 through 4?

11. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, if you were anything less than 100% vomiting-up-your-own-liver disgusted, a Hasbro representative would come to your home, place a gun to your head, and force you to buy every toy. That is correct. You have not in any way wildly exaggerated a situation that has always been the case over the last decade of Transformers.

12. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    If by "downward spiral" you mean "highest profits ever", then you are correct.

I think they're doing awesome, and most of their repaints have been better than the first release this season.

13. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    *facepalm*

Sorry you don't like the Movie stuff.

14. deltaprime

Okay, the sarcasm is not appreciated. Please don't turn this into a flame war. Seriously. I was merely saying that if you don't like what Hasbro's offering nowadays, then look elsewhere. There's no need to get so angry about this.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

This man speaks the truth...of what you really are doing.

Seriouosly, ROTF is a cash cow Hasbro will milk for all its worth, it's what they did for the first movie (Allspark power repaints, anybody?), so there is no way it will be leaving the toy shelves for a good long while.

And what are you talking about with "the big guns"? ROTF is the "big guns", since it's technicaly happening in the 25th Aniversary year of TF's. If anything, the fact no new TF media needs to be put out for a long while should hopefully allow for the next TF line to be, the gods willing, be even half as decent as Animated IMO. If you don't like the movies, then simply go collect some older stuff like Armada or even G1, TF's have always been, and pretty much always will be, about selling the damn toys.

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This thread really needs more smilies. :)  ;)  :lol  :dj  :peoples:  :trolls:  :horse: 

17. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Ranting about something is easy.

If you want change, you're going to have to do more than that.

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i can't stand fans like this.....the reason the movie figures are being focus on is cause they are selling more than anything before it has sold before...................transformers are selling like hot cakes (case in point, my wal-mart had about 50 long hauls and grindor, and in a week or two they were gone). hasbro is just getting more and more successful cause of the movie figures. so before you go bashing things, think about what you are bashing. classics returns next fall, so calm down. the movies brought transformers back into the public's eyes, so be happy. transformers are stronger today cause of the movie and movie lines. it is movie profits that fund the things hasbro does for us (ie all the new molds in universe 2.0). i am done here, i hope fans will quit being mindless.....but that ain't going to change anytime soon

19. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

There needs to be a "LOLWTF" emoticon.

Tampon Transformers? Really? Where can I get some of that? Maybe my GF will get into TFs then. Or TFs into my GF.

Seriously, what's wrong OP? Did RotF toys strangle your mother or something?

20. deltaprime

Hooray for sensible posts! :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.