Hasbro TRU Masterpiece Thundercracker Pictorial Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by formula93, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sup all

Just joined this club here. I really LOVE MP Tcracker here. My only experience with this mold is Walmart skywarp, so I have a couple questions. I read back a few pages, but didnt see any real answers

1. On my walmart skywarps, both can get to a point where the torso slides down, and kinda locks in place. With this one no matter what I do, it just seems to dangle if I dont hold it by the waist or lower. Is this REALLY it? Does it not lock together at all?

2. Kinda relates to above, I realized the instructions are for Skywarp, but it still shows the crotch on the new mold, moving. Mine is stuck, and will not move. Does tis somehow pinch the torso? does this move? Do I need to put a ass up picture of Arcee in front of him to get it to move?

3. Panels in front of legs. Really? On my Walmart Skywarp, those actually move to get some forward leg movement, are these really static and eliminate any forward leg movement?

4. Weapons. Sooooo...If I want to put missiles on it, do I yank out the ball jointed guns from the plane body? or is there something im missing here?

I dunno. I have them side by side. I think the added leg fixes with for Tcracker are great, but overall...I really think I prefer the old mold more than this one. Sure, this one will stand a bit better on its own, but I always have mine on the stand one way or another so thats a non issue for me. I think the jet mode is better on the old mold, just really the bottom aft section. I like the feet on the old mold better too.

Another silly thing I liked about the old mold is that I would put the missiles on his wings, and then put the guns attached to the sides of the jet..I love that look..cant do it with this one.

Then the face change is gone...this one dont do that anymore. I really liked that!

The missile pods/shoulders are SO loose on mine...on my walmart 'warps once everything collapses together, the shoulders pretty much stayed there..this one they are so loose..

Im not saying im disappointed with it. I really love it a lot. But there just a part of me that thinks they should have JUST did the leg improvements, and kept everything else the same.

Any help with the above questions will be greatly appreciated, and good answers will get energon snacks as rewards.

Dave

2. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

Trying to do my best to answer these. My MP-11 mold experience is limited strictly to TRU Thundercracker.

1. That little die cast tab is nearly worthless for holding the body together. It's nothing more than a speed bump for the whole upper body sliding up. MP-11 Starscream might be different but I don't have him....yet.

2. The crotch piece on mine looks and moves identically to the older mold, meaning you can tuck the bottom of the cockpit behind it. But the cockpit will pop right back out if you move the upper body much.

3. Waist panels: mine have some movement. They bump against the torso sections in bot mode so the most movement I can get in the legs is two clicks upward. Can't think of any poses I'd want to put him in that would need more than that. But yours should definitely have some movement. Haven't tested how much they'll move when those belly side sections are out of the way. I never thought to look till you asked.

4. It seems like you could not peg the null-rays into the wings in plane mode, laying them against the body facing forward. Then peg something that fits into the wings. Not sure how droopy the null rays would be if laid that way.

Hope you find something useful in that!

3. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Snakes_eyes bro, I have the exact same problem as you when I first bought it.

Now it's already remedied by a simple phillips screwdriver, all u need to do is just tighten both screws on the hinge mechanism that slides up & down.

Voila problem fixed.

As for that crotch piece, mine doesn't move at all. I've asked about this issue a few pages back & most said on this new one it doesn't move at all.

4. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

1) yep, there's absolutely no locking the upper torso in. The metal tab at the back is simply too short. Think it was already to short on the MP-3 mold so a shame they didn't correct this. Tightening the screws might do a bit. Maybe you could try thickening the tab (nailpolish) but I doubt it would do much.

2) No, the crotchpiece does not move. Well, there's a little wiggle room depending on how tight it was assembled, but it is not intended to move. The plastic round the pin is square so attempting to move it will cause it to break. (There's a videoreview by Optibotimus in which he showed that he attempted to move it and it simply broke.)

3) you mean the front hip panels? Yeah, they move...a tiny bit. Not as much as the original mold, but still a little bit. They're attached in a similar was as the original, but the remolding doesn't leave enough space for much movement.

4) Basically, yes, you have to remove the armweapons. This is probably also why Takara's version came without the missiles. You could try to squeeze the armweapons against the arms and wiggle the missiles in. Maybe it will fit. (Don't have an MP-11 mold in jetmode.)

Trust me, you're not the only one who thinks the Original mold is better in some/many aspects. In that case I would like to point you to iGear. MP-11 is (likely) Takara's response to the iGear seekers. Those are the Original molds, but with every flaw corrected and more: hipkibble to the legs, a longer tab for the upper torse, more space for the headtransformation, armcommunicators...

5. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you all great fellows for the responses. Energon treats for all.

I gotta say...after messing with it more, ill take the old mold. Even with the hip kibble. This is not bad, its.actually great...but what this mold does for me, is underscore how truly great the 1st mold is.

6. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wish a radicon would make a tab solution to this mold that can slip on/off over that connector tab...AHEM...AHEM

It would be super simple to make, but it has to be VERY precise

7. mtblanks

mtblanks Champion of the sun

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Has anybody removed the chrome from the pilot? I'm curious to know if it's opaque plastic or translucent blue like the one that came with Starscream.

8. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a FYI for anyone that hasn't seen or had Both MP-11 and RTS Legends Megatron...

Megatron has notches in his handle to fit the MP Seekers hands so they can hold him in gun mode..

I may have missed this if someone posted it in the last 10-15 pages or so but, I just figured I'd post it since I just found out about it a few days ago..

9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm very happy to finally have a Thundercracker. I just wish there was a hybrid of these two seeker versions. Heels and head from the new mold, everything else from the old mold. That would be nice...

The jet mode on the old version was just so much better. The intake kibble was less obstructive than the new end-of-the-wing kibble. And while the seekers never had hip kibble before...they also never had calf kibble (in the cartoon). Between the two, I actually grew to prefer the hip kibble.

10. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to say I completely disagree. The old mold _is_ cool but the proportions, man the proportions, are just soooo wonky on teh old mold.

* Pin headed
    * Popeye forearms
    * Scrawny legs
    * Round/soft chest pieces vs more square/angluar for new mold.

And all that BEFORE we are talking kibble.

Alt mode takes a hit for all this to be sure, and the first mold is genious in that regard, but if I have to take a one mode as being the brilliant cartoon faithful mold, for me bot mode wins every day. (Yeah, as long as the alt mode is still very good, which this one is.)

11. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was designed back in teh day for the original mold to work with Legends Megatron. Since the hand design hasn't changed this gimmick still works.

And yeah, it is an awesome gimmick. My MP TC was James Bond posing with Megs for at least a couple months. Really sweet.

12. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @ex_dtw2003 - Yeah, I found this out recently. I just got back into collecting about a year ago and never new this. I had Megs a lot longer than I have had MP TC and since I didn't even know that MP-01 - MP-11 even existed before MP TC came about and, due to an argument in the "cool hidden features" thread I wanted to make sure that it was posted in here for anyone who is like me and just getting into the MP seekers and didn't know about it.

13. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

Sorry about inadvertently starting that, I was just trying to share my excitement about learning this. I think that guy just loves telling me my posts are pointless. That was the 2nd time this week he has done that.

14. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz I LIVE

News Credits:
    Just Bought this guy. This is my first time with the mp seeker mold. And after getting thundercracker I MUST HAVE THEM ALL! I love this guy. The posing, the transformation, the details everything works for me here. My only real problem is parts of him feel fragile and delicate. But man I feel like this was a smart buy and can't recommend him enough

15. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    My Walscream chestpiece actually locks in fine, but I agree that the tab should have been lengthened more to lock in more securely on this version.

16. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Finally got around to picking this guy up a few days ago. I'm glad I got it and it's my first experience with this mold. I wish the waist tabbed in place, but after tightening the screws on the slider, it's nice and secure in robot mode. I love how well the jet mode tabs together and it just looks awesome in both modes. Can anyone post pictures of him with Legends Megatron in his hands? I can't figure out how to get him in TC's hands.

EDIT: I figured it out and it looks awesome!

17. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    Which blue would you all recommend for 'patching' the blue? Got a stress mark along the nosecone. Also a few scratches here and there. Blue metal flake 1539?

18. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly..if its just a stress mark...hes blue..maybe a blue sharpie? I think if you tried to paint just a stress mark you would open a can of worms.

19. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    blue sharpies I have are a really different shade and the difference bugs me, I can never seem to completely get sharpie marks off. That's why I'm asking if anyone knows the exact color so I can paint only that area without it being too offputting

20. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You should take him to home depot / Lowes and have them do a paint match, lol