Hasbro Toy Shop Website: Ending Direct Brand Sales, update 12/5: new site launches 2019

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Dec 3, 2018.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're not the only one. I misread it, too. A lot of us did. Whether that's on us or perhaps some of us were in a hurry and didn't process it fully at the time, whatever, you're not alone in reading it that way. Now that it's been confirmed which way to take the info, rereading it does make more sense and the message is a lot clearer.

To be honest, I'm not sure why this needed to be a thing. I was incredibly disappointed when I had to go to Hasbro's sales site to buy the first wave of Studio Series (which didn't have my login credentials from HTS, even though it actually was them instead of Hasbro proper) and it was a confusing mess when it shipped from HTS, my tracking number was wonky at first and then it was found out to be HTS running the show anyway.

It should've just been HTS all along. Instead of having people buy direct, from the individual websites, they should've just linked right to the exact product you were trying to buy so it could be streamlined. Such a stupid, confusing and pointless system.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For whatever reason, the staff here have not updtated the front page with this new information.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Given the clarity of information... perhaps now a good time to either close or re-title this thread?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like HTS is launching/re-launching a New and Improved site In February 2019
    Generic Error

• Like Like x 2
  5. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower BF/CM hospitalized my wallet. Please send funds :D

This makes MORE sense than just closing HTS entirely.

Why? Let's say HTS only sells on Amazon, Walmart, eBay, etc. When you buy from HTS on these other sites, you are still conducting your business directly with Hasbro. So when there's an issue, who do you contact? Walmart or eBay? No, you would still contact Hasbro, and Hasbro is the vendor who is packaging and fulfilling orders!

In other words, the only effect of closing down HTS is eliminating the costs of running a website. It's 2018 - those costs are idiotically minimal, compared to what you'll spend to staff and fulfill orders.

If Hasbro wants to sell on other sites, they would be foolish to close down their own website. They simply make more profit selling from their own site, and they use the exact same resources as selling on other sites.

6. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really, really hope that new site means they will FINALLY ship worldwide. Or better yet, make a Hasbro UK website and ship from there. Seriously, they could make big money by not letting other shops sell here but them, directly.

7. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Updated text, from Generic Error