Hasbro toy shop VALUE PACK DIFFERENCES ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Nov 19, 2010.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I notice that Hasbro had a Leader Optimus & Jetfire value pack listed on their website, I guess I never really thought about it till recently.

But I was wondering are these the same toys as the normal releases in the same packaging just sold as a pair or are they actually boxed as a pair - and is the Jetfire the usual part blue version ?

I heard an unsubstantiated rumor of a 2 pack which contained the part brown Japanese 2 pack jetfire and a non-chrome normal Optimus (or a non-chrome Optimus but with an open face plate head).

So I thought I'd ask if anyone's heard about that (possibly an asian market exclusive) (not Japan) or any differences in the Hasbro items listed on their site.

I note they sell a lot of bundles now but I guess most of them is just multi-buys.

Help appreciated.

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    "Value pack" is either individually packaged toys sold together (possibly shrinkwrapped) or in new packaging. The toys, however, are always unchanged. The point is "more toys for less money". Making them redecos would be a nightmare for Hasbro in terms of budget.

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    You mean the buster prime two pack. It's definitely a asian market item. Has a few differences mainly in the jetfire not useing the blue colors in the north american release and a gun for prime that he holds to varying degrees of success. Oh and there is chrome on the prime.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/new-information-of-takaratomy-buster-optimus-prime-and-jetfire-two-pack-168882/
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/revenge-of-the-fallen-buster-optimus-prime-image-gallery-168795/

Hasbrotoyshop.com offers you a "deal" but don't expect varient packaging I'm certain they will send you a regular prime box and a regular jetfire box.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  4. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, it's a separate regular box Prime and separate regular box Jetfire, no difference in packaging or anything. Same as the ones you'd find on the shelves at TRU or Walmart. They were just lumped together as part of a package deal, at a cheaper cost.

Same goes for the other Value Packs they have available:

TRANSFORMERS Legends Class: Value Pack 4-Figures - Product Detail

TRANSFORMERS N.E.S.T. Deluxe Value Pack (Mupflap & Dirge) - Product Detail

Nothing special about them, packaging-wise...just at a slightly-reduced cost (at the time) when compared to buying them separately.

I did kinda think at one point that HTS would have got that Buster Prime/Jetfire 2-pack in some capacity...but no. :( 

MIKE
    engledogg

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think I must have been victim of a rumor then.