Hasbro Toy Fair 2012 Press Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ?

If anything Prime Styling means they're going full on into the Prime series toy line. Like HFTD was a mix of more movie detailed stuff. Not that Generations doesn't have anything going on (it sure as hell does).

Even if we took it literally I can't see how that's bad for toys. At all.

2. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    44 Bot Shots!

Glad I'm not addicted (yet).

Also glad to see movie presence being played down. It's encouraging to see Hasbro going whole hog with something different rather than another sidelined thing opposite movie tie ins (particularly noting DotM's supposed success). Speaks volumes about their commitment to the Aligned Continuity - can't wait to see what they've got up their sleeves.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe by squashing the movie look Hasbro is ready to change up the look of the live action movies. Then again Bay is on board so I doubt it.

If I were Hasbro I would change it up. ALL the main characters ,aka top sellers, have remained the same since 2007. Kids are bored of the look or already have multiples of everything. To sell more toys the movie look has to change.

Or they can just bank on Prime, some interview mentioned that Prime got a huge pop from being shown on the silverscreen and that they may look in to a Prime movie. Fingers crossed.

4. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I think you're taking it too literal. Sounds more like corporate speak for, "Hey guys, TRANSFORMERS Prime is gonna be our main focus at retail this year."

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    44 Bot Shots, including 30 repaints/clear variants?

6. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I wouldn't be too surprised if we see those Movie Triogy figures, like the Wheeljack with the G1'ish head, show up in a short lived RID subline.

Kind of like how Reveal The Shield had both movie and generation figures in it. We've already seen that a couple of the movie Legion figures are being put out under the RID line.

Probably not.
    If any new movie style molds come out, I can't see them being anything bigger then a Deluxe.

7. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anything about the Movie Trilogy line?

8. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, can you blame them for axing the movie line? They don't sell! They have become such clusterf****s that look like shit! Would have liked a DOTM leader Megatron and Shockwave. Oh well, looks like my very small collection is done...

9. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

no human alliance soundwave?

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Those days are over for me. I have refocused on collecting and the importance of it to me and I can not bring myself to spend the money it would take for 3 deluxes. I would much rather wait and buy them at retial.

The only figure I spent that kind of money on recently was Over-run & only because my club memebership expired and I didn't renew. He fits with "Classics" & as they are my favorite line, I will spend the money on him.

I have a new hobby that is taking more of my time & money that I enjoy just as much, if not more.

11. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All I care for now is that Kreo Battleship. Everything else after that can and will kick rocks.

12. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

My main interest was in FOC and the movie trilogy line. If there's no movie trilogy line, that will leave only FOC for me.

The Prime line has been too hit or miss - and frankly, I think RID BB, Hot Shot, Cliffjumper and Prime are worse than almost anything the DOTM line gave us (this is coming from someone who didn't care for the downscale or the mechtech with DOTM).

I have the FEs and will buy some Cyberverse, but that's about it. I'll continue to enjoy the show, but the toys just aren't doing anything for me.

A lot of money will be saved by me this year outisde of a possible 3rd party or custom purchase. Otherwise, I can see myself picking up an older figure or two that I missed in the past releases.

13. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Botshots we know for sure about

Bumblebee
    Bumblebee clear
    Starscream
    Barricade
    Optimus Prime
    Sentinel Prime clear
    Prowl
    Megatron
    Acid Storm
    Nemesis Prime
    Mirage
    Thundercracker
    Top Spin
    Megatron tank
    Lockdown
    Jetfire
    Ratchet
    Brawl

That leaves 26 more.

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    cool, excited to see more toys... no more movie toys doesn't bother me too much, still thinking about unloading all of mine...

15. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Where did they say that they weren't going to put out any new movie toys this year? I saw that they said most toys will be Prime toys, but we knew that. Prime toys are the mainline, Movie Trilogy/Generations/FOC are secondary.

16. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Bot Shots are doing everything they can to sneak onto my "BUY THIS STUFF!" list.

I am resisting... barely.

17. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do like transformers prime, but will not collect the toys. I'll only buy soundwave from transformers prime. And if there is a fourth movie made and ALL the decepticons look more like organic monsters like the predators as they did in DOTM...I'm out. I like how some of the robots look in the movies, but the cons are just starting to look way too stupid...and this is coming from someone who only has movie transformers.

18. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't recall an official announcement that had ever actually signed anything.

That being said, clearly there's a good chance he will do TF 4 after Pain and Gain or what ever it's called.

19. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yay! That's it for the DOTM movie line. That's a good thing too. I would say on average only 1/4 of the movie toys actually stood out for me. Most of them were meh. STill i would like Que, Soundwave and Leadfoot(target version) in deluxe scale. That way i can at least get my group of 3 Wreckers together finally.

I actually do enjoy Hasbro focusing on TF Prime, brings me back to the G1 days where they are all in the same universe. I guess FOC figs kind of work as well since it would technically be pre-TF Prime

20. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We've also seen Prime and Megatron launchers that are Bot Shots with trailer launchers. Those might also count towards that number.

-ZacWilliam, doesn't want to get into Bot Shots, but darn it they're soooo collectable. ;)