Hasbro Teases a new Prime Silhouette on Transformers Facebook Page

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Soundslave, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Royal Red

News Credits:
    If this is the new movie Optimus design I will go gay for Travis Knight.

• Like Like x 2
  2. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this a SS Movie Bee Prime and becomes a Hit,
    I can imagine the Bay Haters say, "I told you G1 design will work in movies! Bay is so Dumb to realize it!" :lol :

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Oh shit, you might be right.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Man, hopefully Hasbro puts out a Prime that's as enduring as the first Classics version. Looking forward to the reveal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Optimus V4

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Nah, the gun wouldn't have a gimmick, and it's too early for a teaser of movie Prime.... I think.

7. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur HI! MY NAME IS [Volleybot]

News Credits:
    I tell you if the next gimmick is Target masters but they're actually just weird looking headmasters, imma gonna be mad.

8. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    They kind of look like gun engines

9. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Royal Red

News Credits:
    While I agree, I don’t think it is a movie Prime. Your wholy wrong about it being too early.

Bumblebee movie figures have a release date of October 31st. The only two conventions to reveal them at between now and then are SDCC, which is exactly a week from now, and NYCC, which is held in October, the same month as the figures are released. So next week at SDCC we are going to see a bunch of Bumblebee movie figures. This includes Optimus, Bumblebee, Starscream, and a few more.

10. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's gonna be repeat of Prime Master gimmick.
    Instead of Prime Armors, it will become Plastic Guns with shallow parts to insert a small figure (titan/prime master) to power up the gun.
    I'll be impressed if they make those guns transformable and not just "flippable".

11. soundwavempl

soundwavempl Toy Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love for the WFC line to give us toys of the War Within Dreamwave series which Don did the designs on. I miss his TF art.

12. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    It would be ok if they did small robots that turn into big guns with little ammo/power pack figures in the Titan/prime master mould to plug into them.
    Then hasbro could say the gimmick/theme is mix and matching different gun styles with different ammo types without needing to design anything into the actual transformers figures.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yaujta

Yaujta Breadchildren. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Because sometimes a line's gimmicks just don't sit well with me. I know it's a personal desire, but I long for the days of Classics when the gimmick was updating the character and that's it.

Classics Prime is still the only one I have ever liked. The chunky CW version was ugly, obviously Motor Master, and hampered by the combiner ports (I say hampered because the added stuff to make it a torso could have been utilized to make it more characterfull). The TR version, again obviously a pre-tool for another character (Octane) was clunky and a Headmaster, which never sat right with me.

I would love for an unhindered Optimus update along the lines of the old Classics version. I would easily retire that mold if a suitable replacement Voyager came along, and sadly, one hasn't. Yet.

Again, and because I feel I need to say this to deflect potential negativity, this is all just my personal ramblings on what I want out of a new Optimus figure.

• Like Like x 4
  14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    I get that, but at the same time Transformers are kids toys. So they're going to trend the line towards what kids buy and whatever fans like us spend is just bonus.

Our nods are when they don't go back and do the same 4-5 characters each cycle and actually dive back into stuff like Battletrap and Cindersaur etc.

But with this pic hinting that they'll be continuing the -Master compatibility it's clear Hasbro is seeing signs that this pattern is selling well and will be continuing to expand on it.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Okay, but what about Classics then? Still kids toys, but without gimmicks, and with some pretty impressive transformations.
    It can work both ways. I just wish we'd swing back to quality designs over gimmicks.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

I hope they reveal that the gimmick is just Titan Masters again, but that the faces now have big googly eyes.

• Like Like x 2
  17. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I do understand the Titan Masters were a gimmick, the TR/Legends line was one of the best, if not the best, TF series ever.

Gimmicks by themselves are not bad. Bad gimmicks are bad.

• Like Like x 1
  18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Costs.

Look at CW. Several figures shared design elements even though they weren't retools/repaints of one another. Hasbro used CW to field test a more modular design plan for figures, and whatever they saw in regards to sales....they liked it enough to continue forward with that plan.

And it makes sense to keep gimmicks line-wide. If you're going to invest in doing Headmasters, or Primemasters, you want to make sure that the target audience (kids) can buy whatever they want and still be able to utilize all of the features of the line. That means every Deluxe is a combiner, or every figure is a head master, or every Leader can hold a master in his chest, etc.

Because ultimately, toys need to entertain kids. If they don't, kids won't want them and then the toys will stop being profitable. The new model they've hit on starting with CW is clearly a winner, even if fans like us aren't 100% on board with changes to classic characters.

But it's all irrelevant. Because the line is 30 years old. Why can't Optimus Prime be a headmaster or a combiner torso or an evolution figure? Lord knows he's been everything from a semi-truck to a train to a USB power supply. In a toy line all about things changing into other things it's depressing that there's people who demand they never deviate from a 30 year old design.

• Like Like x 5
  19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    It's certainly revolutionary in terms of what it did to the Transformers brand. Being able to sell it not just as a series of transforming figures but also a series of figures that can be swapped around with each other and interact in different ways is absolutely a step in the right direction for breathing new life into the brand.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yaujta

News Credits:
    BH Optimus and his garbage truck of doom?
    Awesome.
    Cybertron's Optimus as a firetruck of...doom? Again, awesome!
    I do like design deviations, but not core characterization changes, if that makes sense.

I am perfectly fine with an updated design for a character, but not at the expense of said character.
    Not everyone likes a major shift of design that changes what a character is and has been known as, but some do, and neither are wrong for it.

Personally, I would love for the gimmick to be Target Masters. It would provide a line wide gimmick without being invasive to the character design like Headmastering everyone.

• Like Like x 1