Hasbro Teams With Toys For Tots

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by jackets, Nov 13, 2009.

1. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HASBRO’S G.I. JOE BRAND JOINS FORCES WITH TOYS FOR TOTS AND ACTOR DENNIS QUAID IN AN IMPORTANT HOLIDAY MISSION

Be a Hero and Help Deliver the Magic of the Holidays to Less Fortunate Children

PAWTUCKET, R.I., November 10, 2009 – Over 14 million children live in poverty in the United States. They need a hero this holiday season and here to answer the call of duty is the G.I. JOE brand from Hasbro (NYSE: HAS).

Hasbro’s G.I. JOE brand, the Marine Toys for Toys Foundation and actor Dennis Quaid are joining forces to help make this holiday season a little brighter for less fortunate children. For every G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra toy purchased at stores from November 11 through November 26 (Veteran’s Day through Thanksgiving), Hasbro will donate a new toy (up to 300,000 toys with a minimum $3.99 value) to Toys for Tots.

Actor Dennis Quaid, who plays ‘GENERAL HAWK’ in the 2009 blockbuster film G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra, from Paramount Pictures and Spyglass Entertainment, in association with Hasbro, will voice a national radio spot, due to premier on Veteran’s Day, November 11, to help raise awareness for this campaign and the positive impact The U.S. Marines and Toys for Tots make on the lives of children.

“As long time supporters of Toys for Tots, we recognize and applaud the important work the organization does on behalf of economically disadvantaged children nationwide,” said John Frascotti, Hasbro’s Chief Marketing Officer. “In working with Toys for Tots once again this year, they were very clear that new toys for the children they serve would be in greater need than ever during these difficult economic times, and we are pleased to step up and do our part.”

“We know this year will be especially hard on families as many have already started to significantly tighten the purse strings,” said retired Marine Corps Major Bill Grein, USMC (Ret), vice president of marketing and development for the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation. “These families need a hero this holiday season and Hasbro is it. Their generous gift of toys and games will enable us to deliver the magic of the holiday season to many of our nation’s neediest children.”

For more information about how you can help make a difference, please visit G.I. Joe Official Site - GI Joe Movie Trailers, Videos, Action Figures, and Online Games.

the atricle Marine Toys for Tots Foundation

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Hmm... this is not TF news. It's a Joe movie marketing event, although for a great cause. I heard the radio ad for this and it's for Joe toys only, not TFs:

3. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
  4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why just G.I. Joe, Hasbro should have used Transformers too.

5. HighCaptSpock

HighCaptSpock Autobot Logician

News Credits:
    I think Hasbro believes Transformers will sell well by themselves over the holidays, and they are using this as an attempt to boost G.I. Joe sales.

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    They're doing it with Joe because Toys for Tots is a US Marine Corp. program. GI Joe has a lot more to do with the people behind the program than Prime and all the rest of the giant alien robots.

7. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Very true but come, although very grateful for the gifts that they do receive, don't you think should have some of all their product lines in there, especially the majors ones. That's makes it good on everyones front. Win, win. Make THOUSANDS of kids happy and keep the corparate ball rolling.

Besides 3in human figure vs. 6in+ car/robot....mmm. Not much of a comparsion IMO:lol 

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    You're missing the point. Hasbro's got one of the GiJoe actors promoting awareness about Toys for Tots because T4T is a US military based program. They're not just saying "GO BUY GIJOE FOR THE KIDS", just doing good PR in saying no matter what the GiJoe figures are bought for in the next two weeks, Hasbro will match those purchases with donations. I really doubt they could afford to match that for EVERY brand they have, including Transformers. T4T is not about what company the toys come from, so long as there are toys to give to the kids in need.

It also says Hasbro will be donating up to 300,000 toys for every GiJoe figure bought, but it doesn't specify which property. I'm sure they will be donating quite a few Transformers in those loads.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be nice if they were doing something like this for TFs as well, maybe tied into the "NEST Global Alliance" idea, but whatever gets more toys into the hands of kids is a great idea, regardless of the property tie-in.

10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    that just makes it sound horribly sinister, like they're getting an advance start on their recruitment program.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well SOME kid's getting Animated Bulkhead this season! (he's kinda military, ya know)