hasbro>takara-tomy

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

It seems that Hasbro is really promoting new stuff for the fans, Classics by Don, and other people...a movie by Bay, with figs included!. How about Titanium:thumb  The Alts are better than BTs' KISS!,...WTF? (I don't need a 15 year old girl in underwear to sell a transformer!) It seems to me that the new movie is already having a very good effect on the direction of Transformers in general...unless you like beasts:duel 

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    lessee takara gave us ths02 and were looking fwd to mp03 skirt starscream, hmm...

:poop 

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I do not understand what you just posted. I can guess though...we expected Starscream but got Optimus w/ a tralier? Was this positive or negative...hmm...

4. callmaster

callmaster Well-Known Member

Takara is way better!!!

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I like 'em both as long as they don't use crappy promotion stunts. *looking at you Takara/Tomy*

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Why? I mean, right now...why? We are geatig MP Starsceam from them, but with the Classics, the movie toys , plus Titanium... Starscream seems like a grand acception to inexpensive G1 characters...(20 dollars> 80 dollars)

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I hope Hasbro releases MP Starscream in on capacity or another (even if it's all plastic!)

8. callmaster

callmaster Well-Known Member

Quality. Hasbro has a habit of releasing low quality action figures. Titanium looks decent though.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Habro does seem to be giving us much more in terms of quantity of good stuff lately. Yeah, TakTom has MP03 coming, THS-02 is out... but how much else? Hasbro's giving us Titaniums, Attacktix, Alts Mirage, Camshaft, Rumble, Nemesis Prime, TF Classics, the movie...

I think Habro's in the lead right now.

10. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Binaltech Asterisk figures and their sloppy paintjobs would like to have a word with you... as would my Galaxy Force Soundwave, who can't stand.

Owning literally thousands of figures from both lines, I can confidently say that neither Takara nor Hasbro is vastly superior to the other in quality. However, Hasbro is doing a LOT of cool stuff right now, while TT seems to be just treading water.

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

:lol 

12. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Indeed… I'm honestly baffled by anyone citing Titaniums as an example of high quality. It's not even a "I don't like the aesthetic" - they're just plain badly sculpted, and not especially well engineered.

Ultimately Classics is great - but if Takara release it, I'll buy it from them, as Hasbro's distribution is sufficiently god awful that it's easier for me to buy Takara items than it is Hasbro ones, despite Hasbro having a major distribution centre some four thousand miles or so closer.

Phazer

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Neither company is really better than the other, we're just in a period where Hasbro has a lot of great stuff coming down the line (Classics, 6-inch Tits), and Takara is doing a lot of stuff that's making them look like idiots (Kiss, MP-03 Starscream remold).

14. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    My Galaxy Force Soundwave with the crooked torso hinge that doesn't let him transform into plane mode, begs to differ.

15. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

umh Binaltech IS better than alternator lad :p 

16. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My (First) BTA Alert didn't line up properly in alt mode, and i had to take it apart and sand down some of the joints so that i could get it into alt mode in the first place.

I've yet to have a Hasbro TF that messed up.............

17. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

really?, i got no problem at all to transform mine

18. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes. I hope TakTom gets better ideas about TFs soon, even if not there's still 1/18 Strikedog coming, so at least I will feel better about them.

19. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, same here. I had to tweak BTA Alert so that he stood and posed correctly. I was pretty surprised that, for a Japanese, Takara-made product, I was making repairs!

...and yet, I haven't - IN RECENT MEMORY - bought a Hasbro product which has had serious problems with transforming or posing.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Perhaps Hasbro is to quantity has Takara is to quality. I don’t know about you, but I prefer quality any day.

At the moment I’m only interested in the Masterpiece line and Binaltech line, and seeing how these are being released in Japan first, I think the Japan based company has the upper hand.

Transformed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.