Hasbro Studios Taps Samuels as Executive Producer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Junior, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

Jul 2, 2002
    News Credits:
    Hasbro Studios Taps Samuels as Executive Producer

Publish date: Nov 9, 2009
    Source: License! Global Weekly E-news

Kathy Samuels, who's worked for both CBS and NBC, has been named executive producer of the newly formed Hasbro Studios. Samuels will manage production on the L.A.-based studio's creative projects. She most recently served as senior vice president at CBS Television Distribution Group, where she worked on shows such as "Rachel Ray," "The Doctors," "Entertainment Tonight" and "The Insider." Samuels' former roles have also included senior broadcast producer at NBC, among others.

"Kathy comes to Hasbro Studios with a solid track record as a top producer and has been closely involved with some of television's most successful and enduring franchises," says Stephen J. Davis, Hasbro Studios' president. "The studio is establishing itself as a home for great talent—and Kathy's vision and creativity complements the talented group of professionals we have been putting in place here."

Hasbro Studios plans to create worldwide programming across all platforms based on its popular brands, including Romper Room, Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble, Cranium, My Little Pony, G.I. Joe, Game of Life, Tonka and Transformers. The studio will also produce programming from third-party content creators. Many of the programs will air on the upcoming Hasbro-Discovery joint venture TV network (fall 2010), as well as other channels.

Hasbro Studios Taps Samuels as Executive Producer - License