Hasbro Studios Prez on "Transformers: Prime"

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Voiceroy, Apr 26, 2010.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Agreed. Let them do what they want.

Like damn, why does everybody think them not working on TF3 is because of some kind of resentment? people can work on whatever they want, you know.

Holy crap, dude, it was a damn movie about toys. Lighten up. You can't take something like that seriously.

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Orci and Kurtzman probably won't be the showrunner producers or the story editors. They'll probably just make final decisions on big things and perhaps dictate the overall direction for the series. As I understand it, the showrunner is in charge of the day-to-day production of the series and makes the most of the decisions, and the story editors are in charge of directing the writers and determining the plots.

They have other movies (Cowboys and Aliens, Star Trek) and other tv shows (The Fringe and something else I think) to take care of.

Plus it sounded like they weren't happy with working with Bay in ROTF.

What are you referring to?

3. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

Lets see, IMO balls:

Xena, Hercules, The Island, Mission Impossible 3, Transformers & Star Trek.

All rubbish or very disapointing. No that I'm saying it's their fault but I'm yet to see anything with their name on it that I havent disliked....except...

Script Polishing on Watchmen.

Im not sure what Kurtzman did here but I'd say the writing credit (or abuse depending ou you point of view) should fall firmly in the lap of David Hayter, well Alan Moore really but he wouldn't accept it. Kutzman was uncredited though so maybe I should retract my derisory comments in that respect.

4. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:

"There is a thin line between being busy . . . . and BSin"

-Me

That's the kinda vibe I have. They wrote the base, Bay "tweaks" it because he wants flames and goes back to the writers and stamp thier names all over it.

I am looking forward to this series. However, you are all forgetting that thier more recent and critically worthy projects (e.g. Star Trek and Fringe) have the involvement of J.J. Abrams.

Just food for though

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I’m hopeful that this show will be of similar quality to the Clone Wars and will really fill in some of the items I was wondering about in the two movies.
    Maybe that’s their goal, maybe not.

If nothing else, there is a new Transformers show coming out that is not on Cartoon Network so we won’t have to set our DVRs for 4:30 in the morning to watch it.

I’m not sure if you’re joking or not.
    Star Trek 2009 is probably the only movie I’ve ever seen that was universally well received.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The Hub is sounding pretty good to me right now.

Enough freedom that people can bring new ideas of how to expand out old beloved brands, while at the same time protecting those brands so that people don't do something crazy that might turn off fans. Makes it sound like I might be watching a lot more TV since there are already cartoons that seem better written and crafted than some of the live action shows out there.

7. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why do I suddenly get the feeling that this will turn out a LOT better than the movies?

He can if they expected him to pay money to see it....

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Here's hoping they do a good job. They've done good work before, so there's definitely a possibility they'll do some good work here. Here's hoping we get some sort of look at the new show from Botcon.

9. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    They are certainly allowed to do it, and I hope I didn't come across as sounding like I'm upset about it or negatively criticizing them for it. I certainly didn't say anything in my post saying they aren't allowed to. I'm just pointing out the irony of what is going on here and chuckling about. I think it's hilarious that they insisted they were too busy but found the time to do a cartoon. It'd be a little different if they were writing a cartoon based on something other than Transformers I suppose.

If that's not a big middle finger to Bay I don't know what is. "Screw your billion dollar movies. We're doing a cartoon."

I think it's great.

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I hope the wait for this series will be worth it.

11. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Even if this is a movie-verse show, I have high hopes for it. I think Orci and Kurtzman working on a Transformers show that's actually aimed at kids could be super awesome. No sex jokes/stupid immaturity. I'm excited.

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Well yeah.

Besides, who says a cartoon is somehow a lesser medium.

13. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Definitely have high hopes. Curious to see how much they draw from TF history.

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I would imagine they're writing the series bible, establishing story arcs, and serving as the series' story editors. Hasbro has likely already booked animation writers to script individual episodes. I can't see Orci and Kurtzman having the time to write individual eps.

And I'm also confident this is in good hands. The fact that Davis discusses the teams involved in development and the attention given to detail doesn't just sound like corporate BS to me. And I love this quote from him, "If you have a terrific brand and a crummy television show—that doesn’t serve anybody.”

15. OptimusMagnus3

OptimusMagnus3 Well-Known Member

In response to that, when they said they had busy schedules, maybe this is what they were talking about.

On topic though, this hopefully will be a pretty damn good show. Can't wait for October!

16. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I think it may have come down to something more like this:

Choose to make the Transformers show you've always dreamed of.

-OR-

Work with Michael Bay again on the third movie.

I honestly am excited to see what they will bring to the table.

17. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I can't say that. But then I've been wrong before.

18. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    THESE guys are involved?! I have VERY low hopes for this show now.

19. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    To be honest, I'd have to go with what Kurtzman and Orci are doing and make the Transformers show they've wanted all along. Even if it ends up being worse than...heaven forbid, Energon, it would still stand out in my mind as being better than those two shitfests that actually dare to be called films.

So do I, but who knows? Maybe these two might actually write something decent without Michael Bay barking them orders.

20. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Exactly what I'm happy about. :thumb