Hasbro Studios announces new President

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by $shockwave$, Aug 4, 2009.

1. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Not sure if this is news but, back in June, HASBRO/Discovery Communications Joint Venture Television Network had announced their President/CEO as Margaret Loesche.

We have now learned that Hasbro Studios, which is the studio that will produce Habsro-related content for this new network has announced a new president of its own. Here is an excerpt from Hasbro's official press release.

PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS - News) announced today that prominent international production and distribution television executive Stephen J. Davis has been named President of the Company’s newly-formed, Los Angeles-based Hasbro Studios. The “virtual” studio will produce shows based on Hasbro’s world class brands, deliver new branded content and produce programs from top third party content creators. Many of these shows will run on the new television network created by the joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA - News, DISCB - News, DISCK - News), that is planned to debut Fall 2010, as well as on multiple channels in international markets.

Davis will begin work in September, leading a team of internal and external creative talent in a wide-range of genres, including animated, live-action and game show programming, as well as content designed for digital and mobile extensions.

New programming is planned based on brands such as ROMPER ROOM, TRIVIAL PURSUIT, SCRABBLE, CRANIUM, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, GAME OF LIFE, TONKA and TRANSFORMERS, among many others.

You may view the complete press release here: Hasbro : Investor Relations : News Release

2. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    This would be news, can't wait to see what they have planned for the new transformers series

3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Good to hear that the network is advancing.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    old news, i remember reading about this back when it was announced

5. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    i have never heard new of it?

6. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i remember reading up on this on one of these websites, and it had a link about this that led to yahoo finance, can't remember which site

7. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    oh :confused2 

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as this new network interests me, I can't help but think of the chances of this going badly somehow.

I mean, this IS Discovery Kids after all.

9. guard convoy

News Credits:
    not your fault, even allspark.com has it on their front page

10. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    A woman president? What, are they gonna give them the right to VOTE next or something?