Hasbro store

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Fishdirt, Feb 13, 2012.

?

Should Hasbro look into creating Hasbro Stores?

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    37.3%
  3. Undecided

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man people are complaining left and right about Hasbro and situations with them that are actually distribution faults.

Following Disney, do you think a hasbro store is viable? Disney both distributes in stores and their own places (sometimes limiting what they sell to things not in the other stores).

Is this something hasbro ever thought about? It's a big enough company I would think it's worth the risk for a small test.

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Do I think it's viable? Yes, I think it could work fairly well.

Will they do it? No, not in a million years.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    In all honesty, I am surprised they even own their own online toyshop. Hasbro is large and storefront retail is not their core. Add that to the fact that TRU is always on the edge of disaster, and that stores like KB have gone out of business, as well as the current retail climate, I don't think Hasbro would want to step into that arena. Being a company that designs and produces toys is much different than being a retailer.

4. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love how it says 3 thread views and there are 6 votes...haha

5. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

It's totally viable. Why they haven't. Beyond me considering they totally have the availability to. Hell, i'm sure if they wanted to. They could make a Hasbroland like Lego Land.

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Maybe after the Hub starts turning them a profit. Right now their losing money to all these movie licenses and the hub network.

Another thing is being the branded play company. I think they have more conflicting franchises to update than the Disney store does.

Also parents see a toy store and expect to find some Hot Wheels or Ben 10. Their out of luck at the hasbro store, just because it would only contain their brands.

So the Chaos of the Rampageing chimpanzee retail customers would destroy the company in this single misguided venture. The best of intentions to establish their brand and provide an outlet for Hard to find figures, while simultaneously pitching their own Hasbro Store exclusives to themselves. Leaving completionists no better off as they work their way past Stretch Armstrong, Jem and the Holograms, Primordia, Duel Masters, Battleship, and M.A.S.K. toys to get to Transformers pegs.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  7. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I don't think Hasbro has achieved anything close to what Disney has as a brand. Therefore, it's most likely their store would come out more as a toy store, and we all know toy stores these days are getting killed by big box retailers like Walmart. Hasbro won't even be able to compete with regular toy stores considering they'll only have their own brands.

8. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just some more examples....

Apple built the brand up through stores

Build a bear was (not sure since I don't live stateside anymore) a big deal store

The key is good marketing and I will concede that hasbro marketing has sucked for a long time. Some brands, like monopoly, market themselves but brands like TF and MLP rely on creativity from outside sources. TF the movie is what made Hasbro grow double and maybe even triple it's size (which is a shame they never took advantage of that growth to expand and grab a stronger foothold) but that was all the studios marketing and story. Not hasbros.

Hub was a risky venture that is starting to pay off but still it was in cooperation with discovery.

So all in all Hasbro needs a better marketing department but I can see this as feasible if they reboot their marketing properly and do a small scale demo which would be a low risk to them (again citing apples small scale demo with the stores beginning).

There are other brands of different items (such as nike) that basically rent space in stores to sell. Apple did this before the apple store breakout.

Hasbro has the whole being a big part of everyone's childhood thing going for them.

9. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    While I would love for Hasbro to have their own presence in retail. I really don't see it happening. They would be selling their products and not just Transformers. I can see a lot of shelfwarming products and overhead killing their profits.

10. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    Agreed. They should at least try it out.

11. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would work on a limited basis.... and I still don't understand why people think Hasbro owns hasbrotoyshop.com. 2 separate companies. HTS buys the rights to use the name and distribute the product for Hasbro.

12. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The legalise at the bottom says hasbro as does any legal forms relating to the site. (plus the emails going to hasbro.com).

Also cited:

Hasbro Toy Shop - Transformers Wiki

13. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It wouldn't work out. Disney has a store front because it's DISNEY; they're a genius marketing company that is probably never going to die down. Parents and kids always have a strong demand for Disney products and Hasbro certainly doesn't have that kind of pull. Hasbro is a good toy manufacturer that needs retail outlets like TRU, Walmart, and Target to really stay successful.

14. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love for Hasbro to have their own store because I like going to the Disney Store. Unfortunately, I don't think it would work out. Not going to be able to sell their stuff for cheaper and be able to afford the leases in shopping malls to be profitable. Walmart, Target, and the internet are making these places obsolete.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd like to point out that The Disney Store was not actually owned or run by Disney until a few years ago, and they're still trying to rebrand/re-establish themselves to remain sustainable (and closed nearly a third of their stores a few years ago). Meanwhile, Walmart, Target, and other major retail chains just keep chugging along.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Comparing anything to Disney is unfair. Disney is a beast among companies with the properties they own along with revenue from their own products: films, theme parks, tv shows, etc. Plus probably the greatest name recognition any company could hope for.

While Hasbro has many recognizable and profitable franchises, the Hasbro name itself isn't always as well known.

17. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering what's been happening to brick and mortar retailers as more and more people are buying stuff online, I'm not sold on a brick and mortar chain of Hasbro toy stores being a great idea for them.

However, I'm all for them utilizing hasbrotoyshop.com much better than what they have so far.

18. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

They should have a Transformers store, with just Transformers and nothing else.

19. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

LOL

We'd watch it crumble into a pile of debt and see our great franchise pay the ultimately price.

20. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Yes. I want to see a store full of Tf's and Marvel stuff, maybe even sell comics too.(transformers ones)