Hasbro stock photos for Cybertron Menasor, Metroplex and Alternators Mirage

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    *wallet screams and bursts into flames*

2. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

The wheels as knees still weirds me out. If ONLY you could somehow turn the wheels so that they are on the sides of the legs instead of the front.

Honestly though, other than that, this is a GREAT toy. Not only is it an expensive super car, but it transforms and looks great. The head doesn't come close to looking like the old cartoon head or the toy head, though. Doesn't anyone else think that is weird?

3. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Cool, Menasor and Mirage look great. This means it won't be long before we get to see the new minicons and Ransack GT!

EDIT: yay! 500th post! :rock 

4. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, now that I see a real good PAINTED close up, the resemblance kind of falls away. Still may sculpt a new head for a seperate piece anyway....can't wait till these new guys hit.

5. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

That Mirage pic is from the Toyfair gallery on this site. You have yet to see the pics??? :eek: 

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I see it as a combined, updated, and more 3D version of the cartoon and toy head...

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    "WING SABER forms armor and additional weapons for OPTIMUS PRIME (sold separately). SKY SHADOW is JETFIRE in disguise... will he help foil the Decepticon plot against the Galaxy?"

Did I miss a memo? Did they post Sky Shadow's bio? Is this his actual bio or is EE making that part up?

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you missed the memo, his bio has been posted for a few weeks now at least... sky shadow IS jetfire... he's trying to be punch/counter punch I guess.

Andy

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Mirage's head IS meant to be Mirage's head (you know what I mean), but a few more (or a few too many) liberties were taken than usual. Mirage would look much closer IMO if the side pieces were pulled back flush to be more in like with Sunstreaker-esque 'ears', rather than the typical TF 'face sidecars', and the horns were lost altogether.

As for the Blaster resemblance, it's definitely there, and would be close to perfect if the forehead were switched for that rounded visor shape, though personally I always thought Blaster's TOY face was a lot more interesting than the cartoon design.

10. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's definitely what I meant by the 3D part... The silver horn parts on the G1 toy were left in the back but the vents were pushed to the front... If they pushed the side vents to the back and made it flush with the horns it'd be pretty much dead on for a G1 Mirage head...

11. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Beasties!

News Credits:
    MetroPlex...hehe hey look its Midgetplex! (wrong leg transformation for those who couldnt figure out what i mean...)

Menasor...gotta say, looks like a let down to me, the colours are great, but Skyshadow looks more appealing

Mirage...i amazingly have no intrest in this guy..just doesnt do anything for me

12. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    There is no Octane.

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just noticed the new pics. gotta say menasor looks better here.

still not convinced with alt prime, but the alt mode kicks ass. mirage is plastic sex on wheels.

14. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Mirage looks so damned nice. Hell, even if the robot mode looks a little stiff, it appears to be a 100% unique transformation, and the car mode is gorgeous all on its own.

15. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Agreed... Total TOYGASM!!! :D 

16. Hot-Shot!!!

Hot-Shot!!! Transform and rise up!

Ebay:
    WTF is Menasor's alt mode?

17. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Oh so it's called Skyshadow then? Oh well it's a Decepticon that's all I cared about. :D 

18. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    I'm a little surprised that Tracks is going to be shipping again.

Especially since he's warming shelves all around me.

19. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

I just don't see whats so good about Mirage, i think he's kinda dull looking in bot mode myself*vehicle mode not so much even though he's a ford heh* hate his legs, to thin looking to go with the body. Prime is the star of that wave, and the chance for me to pick up Meister hehehe*will of course have to get a G1 Jazz Alt sticker sheet from Reprolabels though hehehe* Wonder if Metroplex's lower arms can easily be switched around or if the hands are completely molded to them, if the hands were seperate molds could possible switch em and have em closer to the rest of the body in vehicle mode which would prolly make it look better.

Still LOVE Sky Shadow, best repaint in along time, Wing Sabre looks better with the yellow IMO so i'm happy the left off the nasty gold chrome, Mensor looks nice also hehehe.

20. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Yeah, no kidding...maybe those that complained about the lack of Tracks we waaaayyyyyy too loud....or it'll be Swerve and drive the people who are shelling out big bucks right now crazy. I'm hoping it wont be a 4th repaint...5th if you count the Binaltech yellow version...