Hasbro Starscream/ Takara Greenscream question...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by webz, Nov 15, 2007.

1. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Everyone in 30 something threads (now 31 hehe) are complaining about the crappy build of Hasbro MP SS, compared to the green monstrosity in Japan... then they rationalize it by only having to pay $50 instead of $100+

I understand the $100 is from importers. How much is their markup? What is the cost of MP SS (in US dollars) in Japan?

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    MP-03 was 9800 yen, which is about $87.78.

3. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

It's funny, I've transformed my Walscream from robot to jet and back numerous times (waaaaaayy more than I ever TF'd my Greenscream) and he's fine.

I'm not quite sure what is happening with other peoples' figures, aside from a few being disintegrated by paint thinner (which you should never ever use on a TF)

Honestly, I don't think the Japanese version of Walscream will be any "better" - a lot of the things that people are complaining about happened on Skywarp and Greenscream as well. I never had any problems with any of these guys though.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    If you transform them carefully you shouldn't have a problem...though I don't have Takara Starscream so I'm not sure how brittle the plastic really is. I had no problems with Skywarp or Hasbro Starscream.

5. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Anyone know if the Takara Screamer is coming with cape and crown?

6. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I've only had two very minor issues with mine, ones that don't really affect the toy at all. No Stess marks or breaking of parts and I've transformed it many many times.

First I broke the tiny clip off of his arm that pegs into the hip kibble in jet mode. It doesn't at all affect how it works since theres other pegs to hold it more securley in place.

Second is the airbrake panel piece, not the airbrake part itself but the whole panel that its part of. I just cant get the part right behind the cock pit to rest evenly with the areas around it.