Hasbro shoddy products part 2

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MasterDeath, Mar 4, 2011.

1. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Hi guys, recently I have been buying power core combiners. didn't like the idea of them at all, but got one in impulse the other week. Now I seem to be addicted to them.. lol.

Unfortunatly though the quality of these.... is probably some of the lowest I have seen in all of their toy lines well at least in their transformers toy lines).

The main robot bodies are mostly fine, however the drones..... most of them don't automatically transform; you have to pull them so the tab is down for the peg to fit in. Then there are the ones that are defective and will only stay on certain figures do to them having and extra bar on top of the peg.

Then there is the superion combiner..... the main part is indistinguishable from a dollar store transformer. Design wise, you can still see the smaller head in combined mode, bits falling off all over the place.... plastic quality is absolutely terrible.

(sorry I forget names easily!)

2 packs ones... the orange racing car.... ultra stiff joints on the arms. Broken trying to turn it to get it into combined mode. I did manage to fix it with glue though and still retains a movable elbow joint. The snow cat one.... leggs too floppy to stand up in combined mode....

back to 4 packs ones today I received double clutch in the post. one of the elbow joints came off right away out of the box.... oh look the ball is bigger than the one of the other elbow.... fkin typical.

Prices for these things are getting higher.... the products are getting smaller... the quality is getting worse.....

Then there is the fact that the UK isn't even getting the newer figures from the generations lines which the ones I have managed to get (scalper priced, so I don't have many) those in general have been of quality. But hasbro have kindly given the UK the most shoddiest and cheaply made ones.

Quite frankly I am getting sick of this joke of a company.

Be nice if we had tomy doing the transformers products in the UK. They seem to have less defects over all.

Just to add to that, cannot even get double clutch in combined mode at all. Pegs under the head part won't go in, and the peg on the arm of the of the buggered up ball joint wont go in either.

Last PCC I ever buy.

2. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have every pcc 5 pack and 2 packs, not one qc issue with any of them.

3. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    I agree on double clutch, he is definitely the weakest of the PCC commanders. I say the best of the best are in wave 4. Grimstone, Steamhammer, Heavytread, and Skyhammer have the BEST quality out of all them offered thus far. Also the Huffer and Smolder molds are good too.

4. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

double clutch doesn't even work as a single transformer lol. Can't stand him up. I have took a bit of the plastic off the inside of the ball joint, improved it a little but still doesn't stay on if moved a bit. Complete failure for a commander. I would say the best one is the ambulance one as it has the best quality plastic, and works with all the drones. No issues either.

Not got grimstone, as typically the most popular ones don't come out in the UK. And Hasbro seem to have shipped us most of the defective PCCs.

My favourite one one so far is the destrons set... really nice. The first one I got of them heh.

The bruticus one is ok, but the light colour jeep drone wont stay on that one... bah.

As for the superion one... its nice and holds together well but the plastic is cheap.

Orange race car works great apart from the stiff joints.

The mining one is cool too heh...

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    of the first 3 waves, crankcase and the destrons is the best of what the PCC has to offer

i have no opinion of anything after wave 3 outside of the constructicons

6. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I only own 1 5 pack PCC and that is the 1st Wave combiner.. Bombshock w/ Combaticons. Best PCC 5 pack I have. I did own the Skyburst with Aerialbots and I threw that one out the door, worse $20 bucks I have ever spent on.

From the 2 pack, I only own Smolder with Chopster and IcePick with Chainclaw... meh..been on the fence with the other 2 packs.

I hope to be picking up Grimstone and HeavyTread real soon.. I find those very appealing.

7. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I think Doubleclutch is a shame that he is such a floppy popoff mess. I think the figure looks nice in both modes. I love his combined mode when it does not fall apart. I will be honest though i love the individual commanders and the only one i have had issues with is Doubleclutch. Leadfoot had some tight joints on his arms at first but after the first couple transformations no problems.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    they fixed Doubleclutch up to make him bearable later. You can easily stand him up if you use the combiner ports as heels. I tihnk that was the design intention. He stands up solid like that.

9. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

yeah found that out myself heh. Can't even get mine in combined mode... shame. Top wont clip in at all, arms wont go in... meh.