Hasbro Reveals New Animated Series - Transformers: Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 3, 2017.

1. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    A lot of this stems from the longevity of the original. The cartoon had 96 episodes and a movie, plus how long the comics did go on. There is a lot of source material to consider. Other continuities were usually cartoon-focused and did not last that long.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the mythology and word-building of G1 the most out of all continuities, so a series that will include some aspects of that definitely looks promising. My only hope is that it won't be a rehash of old ideas, but something brand new that does not ditch all the constructive work of past 30 years. I will be disappointed with another Generation 2 (or should it be Generation 3 in this case :p ).

I love character-driven stories and Transformers has a lot of great characters that I hope will be utilized. I'm not a fan of a small cast approach that was used in recent tv shows.

I'm really not sold on these character deigns...

• Like Like x 4
  2. SnypPrime

SnypPrime Gundam Fighter

News Credits:
    The Island of Mata Nui. Currently in Ga-Koro.
    I don't know? That is up to the owner of the nose.

It would be interesting to know a TF's thought on various scents. Would they like the things we like? They probably like a whole lot of things we really don't.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Sounds a lot like what they've been doing with the toys with the Prime Wars Trilogy.

4. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I've long wanted to see G1 revisited in animated form. Now that the story has happened, they can focus on what the characters are even in the first episodes and really tell a compelling story. Seriously, re-watching those first three episodes of the original cartoon, there are some really lackluster scenes that just bore me to tears even though I know what those three shows eventually lead to was magical. It'd be best if they take the premise of the story and tell it in a much more polished way. If they go scene by scene, reanimating and re-voicing, it'll suck horribly. But taking the show as it existed to a really good editor and letting them pull out the best of it? That could be amazing.

Even better if, by some miracle, they decide to do a season worth of G1, a season worth of Beast Wars, a season worth the first RID(Car Robots), a season worth of Armada/Energon/Cybertron and just traipse through transformers history tightening the story and adhering to character traits and character development through the stories. It could be amazing.

Each and every one of the shows over the years has had good points and bad. If they can revisit each bringing the best forward and de-emphasizing or eliminating the bad, we could be in for one MASSIVE treat.

• Like Like x 4
  5. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Aren't you guys a little bit curious why it takes 3 years for Rescue Bots Academy to be made but only a year for Transformers: Cyberverse?

• Like Like x 4
  6. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    This could be cool, or it could be a repeat of their last attempt at a modern take on G1, the Machinima cartoon. I'm gonna keep my expectations low.

7. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Because Rescue Bots has been a quality series(?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chainlink

Chainlink The Annihilator

If that's the case, I'll be sorely disappointed. I want to see a new story with its own mythology, lore, characters, etc. Not retellings of stories that've come and gone already.

9. CowardlyZebra

CowardlyZebra Autobot Meme Dealer

Is this seperate from the aligned continuity or not? I am hoping it isnt

10. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Love how everytime a new cartoon is revealed some 45 year old 3 time divorcee worries that this new cartoon made to sell toys might be aimed at children.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    It's separated. Even the new Rescue Bots Academy as well. It was stated that RBA will feature a brand new cast of characters. I forgot to mention that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I kind of want to get excited by this, but the whole idea of a \"G1 redux\" show sounds colossaly boring to me. I am interested in the chapter system, though, I\'m just not really a fan of the supposed artstyle or the whole \"retelling stories\' bit. Like unless you\'re going to make some huge twist in retelling old stories, maybe, like, don\'t do them at all? I can only see something like what happened in RID2015 where Vertebreak is introduced and it turns out to nearly be the exact same as Transformers Animated\'s Headmaster episode. Or like in Prime when Starscream clones himself in a far more dulled down rip-off of another episode from Animated. 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Axos

Axos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Boulder ad looking for 2D concept artists did Mention that applies should be able to do \"multiple styles\". It could be, that since this series takes inspiration  (retells) old stories, that they will be presented looking different based on their source.

14. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Work for it might've been done by Hasbro already?

15. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I did not mention that, but I did notice. Why the 2019? And why Rescue Bots for 2017/2018? There were some mentions of a web series. Perhaps they will go with that first and then move on to Rescue Bots Academy as a fully-fledged tv series? o_O 

16. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Good catch. :) 

17. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Just let the show be good. I don't care if its G1, an amalgamation, or anything. Just give me a good show like Animated, Prime, Rescue Bots, and RID. Even in my adulthood, I just want to have fun watching TF. Give me a good show and good toys.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Axos

Axos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. Give me a show with the style of RiD, character development of Animated, and toys of Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    It was only twice, dammit!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    This sounds promising, however, if it is a RE-dux of the G1 series, i hope it's just about aesthetics and designs, and not about the storytelling, because it will be boring seeing the same events again, autobots vs the evil plan of the week, the events of the 86' movie happens, new generations with rodimus, etc, that will be boring to see, because it isn't necessary.

Hope they do something different from that.

• Like Like x 1