Hasbro Reveals New Animated Series - Transformers: Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 3, 2017.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    No, there was interest. It's the complete and total lack of any follow up reveal or info that killed interest.

2. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

That probably didn't help.

3. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

We don’t know anything so there’s nothing say. Things’ll liven up when Boulder puts out an interview or releases some teaser footage.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    No, the reveal that it would basically be a geewun rehash killed my intrest.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Plus, when you realise TF fans have basically seen it all at this point, a preview image doesn't spark the same buzz and outcry these days the way TFA's first image did.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cosbydaf

I doubt that's the case when the first thing they show is an image with Windblade, and the description doesn't sound like it either. It looks/sounds more like a RID2015/Animated hybrid.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Because it's got Windblade?
    That's just a sign of the times.
    I expect it to be a geewun rehash because what we've heard makes it seem a lot like Animated and Prime:
    Small cast, mostly 84 guys, focus on the most famous characters...

8. Cosbydaf

I was actually hoping for a G1 remake, but I don't think that's what this is going to be.
    I guess it depends on your definition, I don't consider any of the previous shows to be Geewun rehashes.

I haven't seen any confirmation of characters beyond the 3 on the preview?

9. ScientistMan

Nope, but do you really think we're going to see a ton of Unicron Trilogy or Live-Action original guys?

We'll see guys like Jazz, Starscream, and Grimlock who are proven concepts. Bulkhead and Drift also feel like safe bets. The summary seemed to imply that Cybertron and the past will play into this so maybe fan favorites (Waspinator, Sky-Byte, Sideways) might show up for an episode or two.

10. Cosbydaf

Probably not. But there's so little information available, it's anyone guess as to what direction they go with it. It could be mostly new characters.

Unfortunately Jazz hasn't been a major player in a show since G1. Animated teases you with him as a main character but it never gets there, Jazz is in RID for like 2 episodes.

Hopefully the show itself will be more like Animated, in that it has a really unappealing preview image but turns out to be great, and less like RID.

11. ScientistMan

Oh, I didn't mean that they would be in the main team or line-up. This show might not even have a primary team. Just Windblade and Bumblebee meeting/fighting guests with vague guidance from Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cosbydaf

I'm not gonna trash the show before it's even had a proper introduction, my previous comment was more riffing on how the thread had no replies since the end of November - but that premise sounds terrible.

13. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    be nice if they would return and finish transfomrers animated some day

• Like Like x 2
  14. Just your usual MTMTE fan

Just your usual MTMTE fan Devout scAvenger

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    If they pull a fast one on us and the story is akin to the Shadowplay storyline in MTMTE. I think I'll cry from utter joy. All we can do now is hope they don't screw it up.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ScientistMan

It really depends on how they handle it. What I just described was Batman Brave and the Bold and Justice League Action's formula. It allows for a large, revolving cast and a variety of stories and tones.

For example, one episode could see our duo teaming up with Cosmos to battle Soundwave and his casettes for control of Earth's satellites. Another could be a "Microbots" homage with Trypticon standing in for Megatron. Beast Wars Megatron could travel back in time as a kinda Predacon Kang the Conqueror. We could even see Shattered Glass in animation.

I was thinking, since Rescue Bots is being developed concurrently with this show we might see closer connections than we saw in aligned between Prime/RB/RID. We might even see a crossover with Micronauts.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Just your usual MTMTE fan

Just your usual MTMTE fan Devout scAvenger

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    TBH if this was the direction the show takes I wouldn't mind that, quite frankly It's something I'd get behind. This franchise has tons of different characters, planets and continuities meaning the amount and types of stories they could produce is immense.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

It won't be thou

New characters, we can only pray!

If the show is this, that would be FANTASTIC! If it's just the generic Prime/G1 (I like both shows before any of their fanboys come chop my dollar) style of, commonly used characters fight over something, I'LL BE DISAPPOINTED!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm surprised we don't have any trailers for this show yet. I hope the wait is worth it.

19. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  20. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I’m surprised 11 mins is becoming a standard for animated TV show these day, but having watch Transformers: Titans Return has made me rethink my stance on 11 min episodes in general; as long as it has great storytelling, and good visual, and a decent animation, then it’s fine.
    However, 18 episodes does not seem like a lot, and suggest that the series will be finished within 9 - 18 weeks, as a minimum, if they release 1 - 2 episodes per week.

• Like Like x 1