Hasbro Reveals New Animated Series - Transformers: Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First thing we saw of rid was a picture of opimtus followed by a picture of bee. We had to wait until the advert shortly before it aired... Info i suspect will be short before everything is finalised.

2. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Yeah! It's one of the reasons why I like the IDW TF comics so much is specifically because they throw stuff in occasionally that acknowledges that there is a whole galaxy out there and that the TFs civil war(s) have had vast effects on the planets around them.

For me the biggest crime of the recent cartoons is the utter lack of reinforcing that cybertronians are a planetary race. With each show, much like the recent movies, the core cast gets smaller and smaller where it feels like the only TFs are the ones shown in the series.

The older series had tons of TFs roaming around. I get that in the case of Prime, they were using computer models so making a CG animated model for every character on the budget they had is an uphill battle. But Prime just seemed so empty. Cybertron? Empty. On Earth, in a busy city? Empty.

Like, I've been on a Headmasters, Unicron Trilogy kick lately and it's all so lively. Even with the reused animation, they never get He-Man bad and they mix the transformation sequences up with some really nice original stuff. I'd rather see the 2d morph cheats from G1 than another Prime animated series (or heck, give me Animated...just tone down the exagerated faces).

• Like Like x 5
  3. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See i like Prime, totally accept what you say but i think atleast the story was tied into the novels and they were filled with characters. Something happened to 85% of the ark crew but hey, there is good action... I can kind of forgive the lack of Prime characters(obviously the budget was the reason) also because it can seem poetic it tells the end of this long journey and they are the last ones left.

Rid doesnt have the same budget constraints on a small cast but somehow feels very constrained(perhaps the kid friendly themes)... Want more ambition from a show.

I think Cyberverse thing is not going to pass up the opportunity to bring movieverse into the picture, i think that is almost a given.

It is a where the heck do we go now moment, they drove aligned into the ground(ok maybe it had its time), hope we don't get a where the heck to go to now type show...

Absolutely agree if they struggle for ideas Animated is the way to go. That or perhaps idw.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus TFW2005 Supporter

I've noticed that too and I have mixed feelings about it. In the past, Hasbro would reveal products for the next 6-12 months but now its more like: "this is what you'll get in 3-6 months." On the one hand, I dislike it when things get announced to early because that makes the waiting frustrating, on the other hand its kinda fun to get as much info as possible.

I imagine that we'll eventually get used to these smaller reveals. I also hope Hasbro doesn't have more leaks too because knowing what we're gonna eventually get but only being able to see very blurry/incorrect images is also frustrating.

5. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    It's because Hasbro has so many conventions and other events to attend. They need to spread out the info otherwise no new info will be exclusive to each event. Though not attended by media, Hasbro has at least one major event each month. I think the number of event may have been doubled in the last couple of years. As I said, not all events are covered by media. The best example is the Predaking Mockup which came out of an unnknown event which Hasbro attended, yet it was not there at Hascon.

As for animation news, you may see a trend. They come out in September/October. There is a reason for that. Studios usually pitch their show line up to potential TV Stations in October. I'm guessing we'll hear something during NYCC or before Halloween.

• Like Like x 6
  6. NaCl

NaCl Noobie who likes boobies

G1 redux? I think I just heard the entire fandom collectively orgasm... And I joined them.

• Like Like x 3
  7. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Ikr. Barely any RID, nothing new movie related, and a small amount of PotP. Something has definitely changed and I'm wondering if Cyberverse and its toyline are ready to show off yet. If not, it probably won't start Early 2018, if they're not ready to show anything off yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Active Member

So will this be a Primax universe? I would honestly like to see a new universal stream. We haven't gotten one for seven years. I also would like a new aesthetic.

• Like Like x 5
  9. MapleSamurai

MapleSamurai MapleSamurai

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Tell me about it. My friend and I have been rewatching Prime recently, and since we're both snarky bastards who can't watch anything together without turning it into our own personal MST3K, we've been very frequently taking the piss out of how the population of Jasper, Nevada seems to entirely consist of the show's main human cast.

Hopefully, with Cyberverse being produced by a studio that primarily utilises Flash animation instead of CGI, it won't have that problem, since Hasbro's other major Flash-animated cartoon has no problem with filling out crowds in the background.

So far, Cyberverse being a "G1 Redux" is just a rumour fuelled by the lack of concrete information about the show. The only "proof" of it we have at the moment are leaked images of G1-styled upcoming toys from a yet to be announced toyline which many people are assuming are for Cyberverse (but the lack of Cyberverse branding on the packaging art in said leaks makes me sceptical of such assertions).

I also want this to be a wholly new continuity family. Sure, give us familiar characters from G1, but also give us new characters harkening back to other iterations of this franchise, as well as wholly new characters like Animated's Bulkhead and Prime's Knock Out. The reason Animated is one of my favourite Transformers shows of all time is that while it clearly respected the greater TF legacy that came before, it was not afraid to forge its own identity and try new things, be it in its look, tone and content. And that sums up what I want, not only out of Cyberverse, but generally whenever a new Transformers series is announced. Something new with its own identity, not just an old favourite with a fresh coat of paint.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Active Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  11. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Pinpoint Doodle User#3

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Okay, so the concept is neat, and while I'm glad I was partially right about the design for Bumblebee, I'm disappointed that he and Windblade are main characters. They really haven't gotten good characterization (with the exception for G1, Prime, and Animated Bee) and still have yet to prove that they can hold their own for a tv show.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. myrrh

myrrh Well-Known Member

65B4D493-49BF-447D-B43B-2853849B7447.jpeg
    HI I’M WINDBLADE!

...sounds kind of similar in tone to rescue bots, actually...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

"The hero we know today"

Yeah he's not been a hero since G1.

• Like Like x 1
  14. myrrh

myrrh Well-Known Member

...okay, that was unfairly snarky and cynical of me: i haven’t seen any of boulder media’s work yet and i can imagine that synopsis describing a respectfully-distinct take on the franchise, too...

...i’m going to sit tight and give this new series a fair chance, despite believing that hasbro’s ‘tween toyline targets a redundant demographic between rescue bots and generations, with masterpiece really focused on older collectors...

• Like Like x 1
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Not digging the art style. A bit too generic for me. It lacks that little something to make it dynamic. And I can just tell it's going to be awful flash animation.

Also, yay, more Windblade. Because that is absolutely a character who's rise to popularity was natural.

That said, the actual premise is interesting and pretty creative.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Told ya. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  17. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    So they DID use the "Evergreen" design after all. Therefore the earlier rumors were true.
    Makes sense. Now that the same design is available via the 'Authentics' line, kids will have the new cartoon toys in an affordable manner as well. Sounds like a sound business strategy to me. Well played, Hasbro. :) 

Bumblebee Shared Design 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I can expect bee remembering events from previous shows.

19. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    I'm getting deja vu.

Bumblebee as leader plus Optimus Prime in mentor role reminds me very much of RID2015.

Looks very kid friendly. Not much else to say.

I will lower my expectations to the floor- that way I won't be disappointed. It might be really good.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Premises is exactly as it was mentioned during Hasbro Investor Day. The whole "retelling old stories while focusing of character development" part makes sense now. They'll be [sort of] retelling G1 stuff while focusing on Bumblebee getting his memory back, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like Like x 1