Hasbro Reveals New Animated Series - Transformers: Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 3, 2017.

1. IceMagnus

IceMagnus STARCO FTW!!!!!

News Credits:
    I kinda wish there was more info on this. Like we all know it's basically a series of stories and such and that the designs are basically like the ones we seen in the busy book but what's the other details like are they gonna have the same voice actors/actresses for the iconic characters or are they gonna do a new cast thing? And also who all will be involved with this?

I dunno there's so much I want to ask. I guess it's a wait and see situation?

• Like Like x 1
  2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    For a series that is coming out in 2018, details are awfully quiet. Quite unusual really. RID had promotional material revealed 1+ year ahead of its release.

I even know some of the crew developing Rescue Bots Academy but for Cyberverse... everything is kept secret.

3. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

What's this busy book and where can I see it?

4. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

This could be either extremely good or extremely bad. It could be good that it's such a secret because that means it could be something they consider really good, good enough to be a big deal and surprise with it to be kept a secret.

The BAD way (I hope it's not) is that we haven't heard anything/hush hush because they're still formulating what the series is despite throwing it out there the plan for it's schedule. That's bad because regardless of hitches or anything else that could go wrong, they're going to push it out in '18 and '19 as listed. Hasbro rushing is never a good thing. :D 

5. Nebokalypse

Nebokalypse Well-Known Member

Here you go: *click*

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Thank you, good sir!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where is it said the cyberverse show will look like the characters in the My busy book?

8. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Those designs are actually generic "evergreen" designs for licensed products unrelated to any one line that were used as placeholders during the Cyberverse reveal, in order to keep everything under wraps for now.
    It wasn't. People are jumping to conclusions because they can't let an over 30 yr old cartoon die and want a G1 Reboot.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

This was quite a while back now but regarding the idea that this could span the Transformers Multi verse... that would be awesome if they had characters from different universes interacting with each other. This could also be a way of introducing the Shattered Glass universe to a main stream audience.

Actually, since RID2 should be ending soon and there's some mysterious threat Optimus recruited Drift to help with, what if he discovered some tear in the mutiverse.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    I do believe Adam Beechen (showrunner of RID2015) stated that Cyberverse is not connected to RID.

11. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
  12. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Here's hoping this new TV show incorporate the best aspect from each previous TV show, along with a new flare that makes it unique.

• Like Like x 3
  13. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

Still hoping for a G1 inspired (not slavish to it, inspired by it) reboot. Or even something far into the future which serves as a reboot but is in the same continuity as G1 & BW. Far enough into the future that they could even have all new characters and radically different designs. I'd be cool with that.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I just want something that feels unique unto itself. Even if it looks like another series, even if it incorperates old ideas, as long as it's fresh and entertaining I'm fine.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Especially with a universe as dynamic as Transformers is. I like the RiD cel-shaded look. If they'd take that and do something really good writing-wise, I'd be so enthusiastic. Because there's so much material to pull from, between the comics, all the various prior series...but we still seem to be stuck with stories that feel too much like a retread.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    From our Hascon interview with the Transformers Brand Team:
    TFW2005 Interview with John Warden and Ben Montano - Transformers News - TFW2005

My take on the matter:
    • "Appealing to everybody" may mean old fans and new. This lends a hand towards the rumored G1 redux with a modern take.
    • The logo we saw at the Investor Day is just a placeholder. No wonder we didn't saw it again. The real logo may not look like that.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Iacon186

Iacon186 New Member

Honestly, I'm very surprised how quiet is Hasbro about this. I thought that on HasCon they would show something but they didn't. Maybe we could get our first look of the show and toyline on NYCC as we did for RID back in 2014. Still, pretty interesed on this new show.

Besides, when we can expect this series to be released? Spring 2018?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Maybe Hasbro doesn't want RID to clash with Cyberverse?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Galva Prime

Galva Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I found the reveals at the last couple of conventions to be restrained compared to previous years. I'm guessing some has been saved for NYCC, but I don't know whether a whole toyline and cartoon would be saved for that.

20. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah i would be up for that. It makes nervous thinking about g1 being redone.

RID does look pretty good, i noticed in the combiner force episodes they started doing this wide angle look. Didn't notice that at the start. Not bad and why not it makes interesting visually.

A big problem with TF cartoons since g1, not just prime and rid, is they are so involved in just the tf characters. Nothing wrong with that it is just that it gets repetitive and cerebral, in g1 every now and again there would be inhabitants of some planet they stumbled on who are being persecuted or something. Autobots would team up with the good guys and save the day. I miss that making right in world and not always as in rid which bot this week is going through personal issues....!

• Like Like x 1