Hasbro Reveals New Animated Series - Transformers: Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 3, 2017.

1. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    we need to know alot more maybe hasbro will show us something at hascon, like they did with animated at botcon, man the hype for that video was massive espelly when the dinobots showed up.

does anyone know what happens to the old treads on animated and older shows, because i presume RID/Prime isnt going to stay just like animated didnt

• Like Like x 1
  2. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    No matter what the aesthetics of Transformers Cyberverse are like, I'll enjoy it if its focus is exclusively on telling the best stories with no focus whatsoever on selling toys.

• Like Like x 4
  3. MapleSamurai

MapleSamurai MapleSamurai

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That would be great, but of course there will be a focus on selling toys, because that's the main reason Hasbro makes cartoons in the first place. So like it or not, we're still going to get characters being unstoppable badasses when their toy just got on store shelves but go on become any other rank and file Autobot or Decepticon once new product comes along, and all the other creative decisions that exist only to sell us toys. The best we can hope for is a show that tells us great stories and makes us care about its characters in spite of this fact.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Member

Unlike in Aligned? I don't like the whole Grimlock looking completely different in the show than in the games thing.

I didn't know that was physically possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2017
  5. Galva Prime

Galva Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kind of my point, in RID Grimlock starts off as a Decepticon prisoner and Sideswipe is a totally different character to the character in the games. I guess they should've called it the 'aligned continuities', which makes sense if they are indded aligned, parallel continuities rather than a single continuity; they all have the same origin story involved no the 13, and the same beginning to the war, which is how they're 'aligned', but beyond that the games, Prime and RID do their own thing. Cyberverse, though, seems to be its own thing so doesn't need to match up with something else, they just need to have it planned out properly before they star, and stick to it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I wonder if you guys already know this but War For Cybertron was originally suppose to be a prequel to G1 before Aligned Continuity began. Just check out this early interview where Matt Tieger (game director) explains that (1:15 to 2:05). He very clearly mentions that this is a prequel to the 1984 cartoon.

Then the whole Aligned Continuity happened and the developers were asked to rewrite the story to link it with Aligned Continuity. They were half way through Fall Of Cybertron when this happened and they retconned it as much as they could to fit with Hasbro's plans for Prime and RID. Bumblebee losing his voice, Trypticon into Nemesis etc. were all part of this retconning. Certain areas didn't really fit in. Grimlock's debacle was one of it. Grimlock was introduced in RID because Hasbro wanted him there since he appeared on Age Of Extinction.

You may notice that RID often borrows from other continuities happening at the same time. It may be movie, it may be Generations. From Dinobots, to Minicons to Combiners. Whatever hip and cool at that time will be on RID. It's a way to appeal to kids.

Despite the fact that RID is part of Aligned Continuity, it came at a time when AC was falling apart at the seams. Hence Adam Beechen (the showrunner) took liberties when necessary to ensure that RID can be enjoyed without any knowledge of AC.

I'll be honest here: I believe Aligned Continuity is a failure. Yes, it had good potential, it was a great idea. But ultimately due to various factors it was a faliure. Aligned Continuity took away some of the freedom content creators had just because everything needed to be connected to one another somehow.

• Like Like x 5
  7. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it doesnt work as a prequel to the 84 cartoon either, one big example is jetfire being an autobot. another (war for cybertron only) is that before getting the matrix optimus prime is optimus not orion pax. there are other things as well, it very well could be a g1 prequel, but it is definitely not a prequel to the cartoon.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Member

Yeah, I heard that. I wish they would retcon it back into primax.
    Y E P .

• Like Like x 3
  9. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

If you put the games in Primax you're just adding continuity snarls to that show (which already had enough of those on its own).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    To me great stories are the best way to sell toys.

• Like Like x 9
  11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I blame the Prime show runners for this. Nothing about that show seemed to go according to what Hasbro wanted because of those idiots trying to do their own thing.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ScientistMan

High Moon's dissolution closed off any chance of continuing the games. There was the show and the games, with neither of those avenues available there was no reason to continue Aligned for this long. On the one hand I get tying RiD to Prime, wanting to link their show to a popular show is understandable. But RiD's did so little with that.

• Like Like x 3
  13. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I've seen the show's lead writer say in interviews, the connection to Prime wasn't done as way to link a show to a popular show (specially since Prime is hardly popular in the grand scheme of things thanks to it's awful placing in small channel), but deemed as a "eh, why not?" thing since the show shared alot of production staff with Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Yup. Give me good and/or entertaining stories with characters to latch onto and I'll throw money at you all day, every day.

• Like Like x 3
  15. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

I just hope they don't to the "Okay Autobots, paint yourselves tan because we're going to the desert." They did this with RID2015 and it was so blatantly a way to advertise repaints of the main cast. Yes, the cartoons exist to sell toys, but a good writer can do that without showing the strings on the puppets.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

I just wish writers (or rather, the producers) of these things would realize that just because it's aimed at kids doesn't mean it has to be simpled down to the point where they feel they have to resort to,"Paint yourselves a different color." Like kids wouldn't understand something like,"Autobots, activate chameleon mode!" and have them use it a few times to make it stick.

In general, I still don't think they (HasTak) takes full enough advantage of Transformers being alien highly advanced, living, breathing mechanoids. But then, I'm a tech head so of course I'd want TF tech to be pushed to the max.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Or it could be the other around which is High Moon wanting to do their own thing or Hasbro just butted into both productions and messed things up for both of them. Point is what's done's been done and insulting the Prime showrunners isn't going to change that especially if there things during that time were just out of their control.

Does it stink that it happened? Of course it is but sometimes things happen and remaining angry at it isn't going to help anyone.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

I put the onus on Hasbro since it's their property for one. But for another, from all the interviews that were coming out in real time as it happened, it seems like Hasbro forcing Aligned messed up a lot of the various TFs media across platforms.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ScientistMan

I wouldn't be opposed to a move away from the pseudo-mystical elements of the franchise, but there's no way that'll happen with a show aimed at children.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    You guys think we'll see Cyberverse at Hascon? I certainly think we would. I do believe the show is planned for Spring/Summer next year so this could be our first look at the series. 11:30am EDT on Friday. Tune in with our front page.

• Like Like x 2