Hasbro Reveals New Animated Series - Transformers: Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 3, 2017.

1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Some would be cool, but not all. IDW has some of the best updated designs ever, but also many of the worst updated designs ever.

• Like Like x 5
  2. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If those designs on those Go-karts are what Cyberverse will use I CERTAINLY hope they're not the actual final look in-show look and merely early promo art, because they have some glaringly awful flaws. Optimus's head is ginormous, Bumblebee's face is flat out creepy. The bodies lack interesting dynamic proportions too though that's less a flaw and more just a design preference of mine.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    If that's the case we may be looking at another flash-animation show, but I'm still holding out for a classic 2D animation!

On the other hand whenever I look at those designes there's always that feeling of weirdness that I can't pinpoint the source of... Oh, ok. I think it's the heads: they seem too big compared to the rest of the body and seem more pinned to the body instead of being a part of the body (the angle of the head does not match the angle of the body).

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  4. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  5. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

The difference between "good" and "successful" is that one is quantifiable, and the other is based on subjective criteria and varies from viewer to viewer. I'll never understand why people feel the need to debate whether something is "good" or not. That's not something that can be factually quantified or proven, without first establishing what the criteria for "good" are, and those criteria are subjective on a per-viewer basis.

That's why I steadfastly refuse to get into those debates. They're circular, unending, and no one will ever change their minds, because they can't be empirically proven one way or another apart from the facets that can be quantified, such as number of viewers, possibly cultural influence (though that's more difficult to prove definitively with any level of precision, other than an amorphous inference that clearly some cultural influence has taken place,) sales, statistical analysis of viewership and viewer sentiment, etc.

None of which says anything about how "good or bad" an artistic work is. One can argue that those factors imply "goodness" or that their lack implies "badness," but then all you've done is establish those things as subjective criteria in your metric of "good or bad," and that doesn't force others to adopt those criteria. Hence it being subjective.

• Like Like x 4
  6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

RID '01 had a Prowl that was a completely different take, but still one I could deal with. TFA? Not at all. IDW? I liked him before AHM, been downhill ever since, just like their continuity. I realize the Church Of Roberts will burn me at the stake for that, but it's my opinion. A/E/C versions were non-entities, so I guess I'm just waiting to see if this next series can be fresh while remaining true to the roots of the characters that I grew up with: ie. the original versions.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    What characters do you want to see in the new series?

My list: Jazz, Prowl, Arcee (pink), Elita-One, Scourge (RID), Cheetor, Smokescreen, Soundwave, Ravage, Sunstreaker, Onslaught, Chop Shop, Liege Maximo (the buff one), the Fallen, Slipstream, Wheeljack & Ratchet (only in package), Hot Rod, Hot Shot, Barricade.

I liked the Autobot brothers from RID. Their interactions and banter were a nice part of the show. I did not like neither Prowl nor Jazz in TFA. Prowl was so not what I was used to both in the character and the appearance. But I do like IDW demi-villain Prowl, I think that it were these comics that put him on my fave list. Altthough, his portrayal seems to be all over the place across the comics, so I can see where you are disappointed. I don't remember Prowl being a prominient character in G1 cartoon: there was the episode where he was remotely controlled by Chip and the one where Scrapper made a throne out of him. From comics the panel where Prowl argues his idea of building an army of drones with Creation Matrix is set in my memory :lol  But I really like Prowl's character both visually and character-wise. It's a pity that he often gets overlooked. Let's keep our fingers crossed that he will be in the next series in a role bigger than a cameo (and with correct color scheme) :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

In the Marvel G1 book, Prowl led the Autobots while Prime was out of commission. He also did quite a few other things, but you can read that part yourself if you give the collected books a look. What sticks out in MY mind most from Prowl in Sunbow G1 is one line: "I've got the plan if YOU'VE got the cast-iron manifolds for it."

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Posts deleted for being off topic, trolling and flaming and disruptive.
    If you replied to a troll post, then your post was deleted too.

STAY ON TOPIC AND STOP TROLLING.

Those involved with the Trolling/Off Topic will be thread banned for a period of 30 days.

10. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Cyberverse Q&A: What Do We Know, What Do We THINK We Know, And What's Wishful Thinking? Transformers News Reviews Movies Comics and Toys

Tformers makes a good argument. G1 is the most well known Transformers so updating it would make good placeholders and since those licensed products aren't from the movies, Rescue Bots, RID, or Generations, Hasbro must be using these designs for all licensed products with no ties to any running lines. They must have then decided to use the same images as placeholders since Cyberverse is probably gonna be a new continuity but they're not ready to show it off yet. After all, why would Hasbro prematurely reveal designs from their next cartoon before its even revealed. Sorry if this hurts any Gee-Whuns but for all logical thinkers I think the G1 Redux hype can be put to rest for now.
    Sure each flaming post was deleted including this post flaming all non-Gee-Whuns because they don't agree with his opinion and accusing one fan base of trying to burn it. Also being off topic. Good job!
    Nope

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  11. AnonymousDwell

I will remain cautiously hopeful for a G1 redux (or even a series that touches on multiple continuities, not just G1) until it is confirmed one way or another. :) 

And if not... oh well, it'll just be a return to the status quo of there not being an animated fiction that serves my tastes, unless like BW, it at least exists in the same continuity as some sort of quasi-sequel and/or prequel. Otherwise... Headcanon it shall continue to be in that case. Nothing new there for me as it's been the case for decades.

That said, the statement that they would explore the franchise's history still leaves me skeptically hopeful.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I havenĀ“t enjoyed an animated series since prime ... so I am curious how this will turn out but I am not falling for it just yet !

13. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't been following this story, but you know what the word "Cyberverse" makes me think of?

Multiverse.

What if this series ends up being like a "Crisis on Infinite Cybertrons" with a band of main characters who travel through every major alternate universe Transformers has had?

• Like Like x 4
  14. AnonymousDwell

That would make me really happy, and MIGHT even help me find a way to enjoy other continuities.

15. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:

as long as the main continuity is G1 I might suffer through it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    That thought crossed my mind. There's a concept of Axiom Nexus, a city on Cybertron (that didn't experienced a civil war) that is an interdimentional hub that deals with interdimentional travelers. So there's some groundwork for that idea.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me its just a wait and see, no need to put any thought or hopes on this until there is more information put out

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've been brainstorming this idea and came up with a Transformers meets Dark Tower meets Sliders type of story, where an unknown catastrophe in Axiom Nexus causes the dimensional walls between universes to start breaking down, and a group of Transformers from various universes band together to travel to Axiom Nexus and fix the problem. But which one of them is secretly working against them?! Dun-dun-duuuunnn!

This would facilitate a pretty kickass toyline too.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Huh, that's a pretty awesome idea and having characters from various universes would guarantee everyone finds something they like. Plus, having the threat be so far reaching would mean that some of the heroes could be decepticons / predacons.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alphard

Alphard The Munkky With A Bowl On Its' Head

Multiverse stuff would be reaaally fun.
    And if the first season is child-appeal character fun... can we have one of the best/worst eps of all time: Cheetor, Hot Shot and Bee adventure?

• Like Like x 2