Hasbro Reveals New Animated Series - Transformers: Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 3, 2017.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

As long as Aligned is wiped out except for Rescue Bots, I'm looking forward to it. The failed experiment can be buried, and this new show can be judged on its own merits. Nothing more can I ask of it right now. Now, the aesthetics could put me off immediately. As long as they have noses and don't look like Ben 10 humans cosplaying as robots, I'm good. I'll find it palatable from an aesthetic point. The story, well, I have no idea what it is even ABOUT, so can't form an opinion yet.

• Like Like x 3
  2. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

My main thought is that I'd like a return to the Transformers aesthetic started with G1 and carried through Cybertron, where the characters were more blocky and had noses but no eyebrows. I was never a fan of the Animated/Prime/Robots in Disguise aesthetic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watch this be Teen Titans Go 2.0

4. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Aligned is gone. Regarding the new Rescue Bots Academy, Hasbro stated that the new show is 'distancing' (not the exact words though) itself from the original RB.

• Like Like x 3
  5. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Well, all things must come to and end.

Happily however, RID 201X was successful beyond what Hasbro (and Hasbro Studios) hoped for. I can tell this now: Back in the early days of RID I had the pleasure of knowing some info from one of Hasbro's vice presidents. He clearly stated that RID was only commissioned for 2 seasons and a TV movie. He even stated that to the international press during a conference. However, with the success of the Combiner Wars and the show's popularity... it was extended by another year.

RID had a good run.

I do believe the new show will be unveiled at Hascon 2017. So we are about a month away.

• Like Like x 4
  6. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    So what ever happened to that TV movie anyway?

• Like Like x 1
  7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Giddy...

8. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    That TV Movie got split into a mini season a.k.a The Starscream Arc.

• Like Like x 2
  9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Already a discussion thread in PRIME/RID... for now, as it will be a NEW series, please post in that discussion thread, no need for 2 of them, so merging this one with that thread... will keep a redirect in this forum (TFGD) for a week or so.

Thanks much,
    mpl

Prepare for merge...3,2,1...

Hasbro Reveals New Animated Series - Transformers: Cyberverse

• Like Like x 1
  10. FanboyX

FanboyX SUSAAAAAAAN!!!

Okay if the threads are merged i'll elaborate more.

If Optimus Prime and Megatron are going to be in their traditional roles, i'd like to see the respective faction leaders taking back seats and allowing the series to focus on individual characters and/or squads for a few episodes at a time. I'd like to see some new characters, particularly gestalts. If they have to use Omega Supreme, Devastator, the Dinobots, Bumblebee, or whoever else already gets enough media exposure i'd prefer to see them used as supporting characters. I'd be more interested in focusing on Slash trying to fit in with the rest of the Dinobots or some new Decepticon recruit trying to make it onto the Seeker Squadron in a "never meet your heroes" scenario.

I'd also like it to be a big melting pot of characters/homages and new characters from various continuities. Sure I just want to see Slipstream and Airachnid as mean girls and RiD Scourge vs. G1 Ultra Magnus, but it'd be fun to watch.

Also if they do this mix and matching concept the Cyberverse toyline could appeal to collectors by releasing updated characters from a variety of previous toy lines.

On the chance that it's Transformers Go, i'd pass. I like TTG for what it is, but its already a thing and I have Beast Wars and Animated that deserve a real viewing before I get invested in something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

THIS!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

I will just say: if this is indeed a reboot, please lean towards the quality of Voltron Legendary Defender and not the various GI Joe reboots Hasbro and its media partners have belched out over the years.

• Like Like x 2
  13. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I wish for one thing only...no mute Bumblebee this time!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I would like for the designs of the Cybertronians of this show to be streamlined with as much realism as the various art styles can show. I don't want the Cybertronians to look like they were made entirely out of cardboard boxes.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

I really hope we don't return to the G1 "cardboard boxes" aesthetic. I'd rather have something that's sort of a meeting point between the stylized lines and dynamic angles of Animated and the more "modern" G1 aesthetic of the UT.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I'm hoping for something made in the Generations aesthetics.

Actually I think this might be quite a realistic expectation because these days if you look at the tail end of the NuRiD toyline their designs are more and more G1-esque and Hasbro also needs a show promoting their main CHUG line.

• Like Like x 4
  17. FanboyX

FanboyX SUSAAAAAAAN!!!

I dont know how much of Universe I was around for because I only have a handful of Beast Machines repaints from the early line, but was it mostly built on the idea of more or less infinite dimensions and timelines?

That's what I want to see out of both animation and toylines. They could release whatever they want: G1, Beast Wars, old RiD, NuRiD, new characters (plz), whatever they wanna do.

I wanna see Rhinox and Bayverse Ironhide released in the same wave because of that episode where they teamed up against the Predators on Cyberverse.

• Like Like x 3
  18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Regarding the retelling old stories...

1. If they could retell the original pilot with new animation and actually design the characters with Cybertronian forms. Either based on their War Within or WfC/FoC designs. Maybe something new, just as long as they don't obviously transform into Earth vehicles before they even get to Earth. Also smaller cast, if they aren't really important to the story they don't need to be there.

2. The Construct icons origin is really confusing and contradicting. I would really like to see that story retold as a single definitive origin. Preferably the version where they were originally friends with Omega Supreme before being reprogrammed by Megatron. And a few changes to that story, again give them Cybertronian modes, and have them actually wear Autobot insignias before being reprogrammed. Would also be interesting if their Autobot colors were based on RID1 Landfill.

3. If they retell the movie story line can we please have a clear answer for who get's turned into who? My preference would be that Bombshell becomes Scourge, Sky warp becomes Cyclonus, manly because the designs are similar even though it doesn't look that way from the original animation. Finally, turn the other Insecticons into Sweeps and actually give Cyclonus his Armada made from the other seekers, including the cone heads who weren't there originally but one dude who vaneshes in the next shot isn't much of an Armada. No Stars cream though cause Galvatron still has to kill him later. Oh and since we're already past that time, make season 3 more accurate to real 2005.

For new stories that weren't told before...

1. Bridge the gap between G1 and Beast Wars. I want to see Obsidian and Strika as Autobots. I want to see G1 Megatron recording the message from Beast Wars onto the Golden Disk. I want to see the upgrade from Autobots and Decepticons to Maximals and Predacons.

2. I'd like to actually see the continuation from where G1 left off. The original cartoon just ended on a cliffhanger that was never resolved. Maybe find some way to incorporate some ideas from the Japanese Headmasters into the American version.

3. Bring all the Japanese shows to an American Audience. It's technically not really new but it's new to us and I kinda want an excuse to not only get those cartoons but also for Hasbro to produce updated toys of some of those molds we never got. I would love a Beast Wars Galvatron and maybe with modern engineering they could figure out a way for the toy to actually have a cape like he does in the Anime. Hell even a release of the original mold would be appreciated. I like the design but not enough to pay insane after market prices for a 30 year old Takara exclusive.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    And I was never a fan of the G1 "cardboard boxes" aesthetic. I would rather see a much more streamlined/ aerodynamic yet realistic aesthetic that fits the various art styles of Transformers Cyberverse than see a return to the G1 "cardboard boxes" aesthetic.

• Like Like x 3
  20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Oh I just had another thought about something they could do with this series. Hasbro bought the rights to the Go-Bots a long time ago but aside from reusing some of the names they haven't really done anything with it. I think it would be interesting if they redid a few Go-Bot episodes as a Transformers cartoon. New animation, change Gobotron to Cybertron. I forget what they were called but Leader-1's team could be just another group of Autobots and adding the red Autobot insignias would make him look a lot nicer. Leader-1 really doesn't have any color to him except for his face. Anyway and the Renigades would be Decepticons. Plus they could add actual weapons instead of just shooting lasers from their fists. I wouldn't want to see the whole series redone as a Transformers show, just maybe the pilot episode. Just don't do the Rock Lords, they were the worst. Nothing could make Rock Lords interesting.

• Like Like x 2