Hasbro responds to DOTM toy cancellations..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 420bot, Feb 8, 2012.

?

Do you care that the final DOTM toys are more or less canned?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2012.
  1. Yes.

73 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Naw.

67 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. I Have No Strong Feelings One Way or the Other.

33 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. They Aren't Cancelled... Just Reformated.

18 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. 420bot

420bot ******

TOYFAIR UPDATE: WE AREN'T GETTING THEM PERIOD, Trilogy Line for Asia only.

I wrote them a letter about the DOTM toys getting canned and here is the standard boilerplate reply:
    _

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Transformers.
    We appreciate your interest.

Product offerings are based on marketing decisions.
    Prior to a release, many revisions may occur or products may be cancelled.
    However, we want you to know that consumer satisfaction is very important to us.
    Please be assured your comments and interest will be shared with the product team.

We hope you will continue to enjoy Transformers for many years to come.
    Again, thank you for contacting us, and for your comments.

-Hasbro

_

So what do you guys think...

Basically what I got out of it is.. wait and see what we give you in this "All-Stars' line but don't ever expect a release of these toys in their movie decos... or packaging.

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

It's nice to get an answer.

-continues waiting for FE to be re-released-

>.>

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes.

I wanted screen accurate deluxe representations of Leadfoot, Soundwave and WheeljaQue to go with the rest of the movie cast figures I had collected from all three films without paying import prices on sometimes (in Leadfoot's case) inferior overseas releases. HA Soundwave/Laserbeak and Target Topspin were both figures I were looking forward to as well but those seem to've been canned too.

Now, I'll probably pick up the Trilogy versions of Wheeljack and Soundwave just to get ahold of the molds somehow and have placeholders for those characters on the shelf, I eagerly await word from Hasbro on these at Toy Fair this weekend...

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Both HA and Deluxe Soundwave are next on my to-get list, weather it be the import version, or a hopeful Hasbro release. Figure $100ish for the pair isn't terrible, though more than I would like to pay. Q on the other hand can wait IMO. Already have the Takara Leadfoot in my POL cause I was not going without him in my collection, and it is worth the extra cash to buck up for one (lack of Target symbol and all). For Q, sure I want it, but it is far from a priority for me. After that, I am putting the movie line to rest.

Between Target not carrying forward HAs after the reset to another retailer clearancing out HAs recently for $13, I am a little more concerned with HA Soundwave.

5. Stockade187

Stockade187 Decepticon Junkie

Leadfoot w/Target logo is the only one I really care about. Que isn't worth import prices so I'll settle for redeco Wheeljack. I already have dlx Soundwave just waiting on a legends Laserbeak.

6. 420bot

420bot ******

I know it might sound dumb... but I really wanted that HA Laserbeak and Dylan... so many fun ways to set up death scenes with those two!

"Prior to a release, many revisions may occur or products may be cancelled."

Based on that one line alone I feel we will be seeing redecos of the unreleased deluxes and no Human Alliance Soundwave.

I should have just coughed up the $130.00 bucks for HA Soundwave.. he'll probably be worth a ton in a few years.

7. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    I, uh, didn't see anything in there that said "Hey f*ckers, these toys are cancelled. Yours truly and up yours, Hasbro." So, where is all this "cancelled" stuff coming from?

8. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    I don't care. I'm totally invested with TF Prime now.

9. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A stock response like that is no more an answer than pizza is a vegetable. Still, I don't think that the last DOTM wave has truly been cancelled. Last we heard (sometime in December, I think), it was supposed to be released some time in February, and we're just a quarter in to the month. I strongly expect us to hear something about them at Toyfair.

10. 420bot

420bot ******

Yes, but they did say ...

"Prior to a release, many revisions may occur or products may be cancelled."

You sound mad... at yourself... or something... b/c nobody is upset enough about this to use f-bombs, were just coming to terms with it.

We already knew... we just wanted a little confirmation.

Anyway I have a poll option: 'They Aren't Cancelled...' why don't you just click on that and let your vote be counted.

It's like when a TV show gets canned.. you know it's cancelled when the new episodes suddenly stop.. then the months tick by and it's slot gets replaced by another show... but you still hear rumors that more episodes are being picked up... and then about a year later... the network finally issues an official cancellation notice.

11. 420bot

420bot ******

Honestly it's no more a response than Prime FE fans got... your response sounds like your in denial, just saying.

12. Thunderjet

Thunderjet Well-Known Member

Y'Know, I'm starting to think that Hasbro is intentionally screwing us. Either that or they're trolling.

13. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At least with FE, it looked like it was written specially for the occasion, and I'd only be in denial if there were official word that the figures were indeed cancelled.

They sure seem to love trolling us.

14. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Are you kidding? Did you even see the press release that was posted to the front page yesterday morning? Sure, it's still rather noncommittal, but it's a lot less 'form letter generic response' than what you showed us in the first post. I mean, that's literally just saying 'we don't have an exact answer for you, so here's what we always say.'

Even if I'm skeptical about Hasbro re-releasing any of the FE molds down the line, I give them some props for coming out and saying something more than just 'sorry, they're cancelled' without being prompted by a fan question at Botcon.

15. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

And Prime FE fans got an equally non-comment-y response. I really think no one has cause to celebrate yet.

16. 420bot

420bot ******

And I reply...

Are you kidding? Did you even see the press release that was posted to the front page yesterday morning?

Anyway I even said "standard boilerplate reply" in my first post.

17. 420bot

420bot ******

Exactly... lets wait for the Toyfair news.. to be 100% ... but everyone knows what is coming...

"We will not be taking questions on Prime FE or DOTM Wave 6 at this time, we have already issued an official response."

18. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    I'm not mad (at least not at anything TF related), I just don't think we should be jumping the gun on this. I want Que, Soundwave, and Leadfoot as much as anyone else, but Toy Fair is coming up shortly, and we'll hopefully hear some news then. Until we actually get a legitimate answer from Hasbro saying that the line is cancelled, there is still hope. If and when we get that letter, then we can all be pissed off.

19. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Um, they are on ebay for $70 shipped at the lowest.

20. 420bot

420bot ******

I know.. but Evil-Bay got it's name for a reason... I was talkin' about BBTS.