Hasbro Reports First $5 Billion Revenue Year with Growth in Revenue, Operating Profit and Net Earnin

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Feb 6, 2017.

1. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    LEGENDS WHEELIE!!!!

I just realized another QC nightmare. I'm a huge fan of Wheelie, so having bought multiples, I can say that the majority have the same issue TFW2005 itself noticed: nothing pegs together well in alt mode! This is especially frustrating when you consider how screen accurate and awesome the alt mode is.... only to have a b*tch of a time having it stay together.

That's the main issue, too: it's one thing to say, "Oh, it's January/February, so of course stock is bad everywhere!" But when 2017's first Legends stock includes Gnaw, a toy that's taken 30+ years to see again, it's understandably even more frustrating!

Hasbro finally revisits Headmasters and the 86 movie characters.... only to bumble a good chunk of the toys with design and QC issues. That's a major fail, considering how long fans have waited to see these lines come to fruition. And the fact that Hasbro has NOT addressed these QC issues shows how little they care for your satisfaction - honestly, I commend the fans who can take their money elsewhere and break free of the routine. Hasbro should be more responsible. The predictable, movie-based delays to the Generations line isn't even going to be addressed either! So, in a nutshell, Hasbro routinely makes plain that the collector is last on their mind, and as a customer who pays Hasbro and helps keep it in business, I think we have a case to b*tch and stop buying these defective products!

When you think about it, isn't it about time Hasbro sends an official rep to address these issues or concerns? I've seen much smaller companies do just that: they hire a customer relations rep to communicate with fans on boards. Even if it amounts to nothing, at least it would show that they are actively listening to our complaints and open to correcting them. (The silent way they correct things now is not acceptable. They should formally address our issues, rather than ignore them. Maybe the next TF Generations line will solve the wobbly hip joints, but shouldn't Hasbro do something about all the defective toys they've already duped us into buying? Wouldn't a 3P company send a replacement part when they screwed up?)

• Like Like x 1
  2. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    Ouch. I guess TF sales are down? (Who here has actually seen anyone buy Yokai Watch items? :lol )

And the girl category growth trend is exactly why the TF franchise would benefit from launching a girl line of TFs!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

Well, boys tend to play video games more then girls, but girls usually stop playing with toys earlier. I don't see exactly how Hasbro going to make a good TF line for girls (they don't have much of history in making girls toys and those they made are mostly fine, nothing special), but I like to imagine line of Licca Chan dolls being sold with TF, it could be one the coolest toylines ever, in my personal opinion.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  4. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Fanstoys ZOMBIE 01

... And yet they still don't see the potential in updated G1 styled media content playing off the success of Transformers Devastation/Earth Wars... oh wait... TF Devastation only sold like 240'000 units... nevermind... :( 

5. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  6. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...ro_Q4_FY_2016_Earnings_Management_Remarks.pdf

"Powered by our all-screen, year-round storytelling, TRANSFORMERS had a strong finish to 2016, posting double-digit growth in the second half of the year and is well positioned for the next chapter of the TRANSFORMERS franchise."

So no, Transformers sales are not down. On the contrary, it grew.