Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Sonscreen, Sep 22, 2006.
This is kind of sad.
why were underage kids playing with it anyway?
Exactly my thought.
PARENTS: THERE'S A REASON THEY MARK TOYS WITH "AGES THREE AND UP" !!!
Damn, I was gonna buy that for my son too.
who was watching these toddlers playing??
Isn't that a bit redundant?
thats what i thought at first, then i got to thinking about the 3 year olds lil brother/sister
still aint a good thing tho
OK.. let me preface this by saying it is sad that the children died. I do feel sorry for the parents. Something I never want to even think about going through myself.
Now to be a bit of a jerk here. As said, why were these children playing with a toy not intended for their age group? Were they not being supervised? I know when my little boy puts something near his mouth that I feel is unsafe, I'm right there to take it away from him. As for these toys being choking hazards... maybe... but watch your kids for gods sake! I grew up with the original fisher price little people... Remember the small wooden toys just the right size to block your airway?
Yet I'm here typing this post because I was watched as a kid.
Blame it on Megatron!!
I hope that Hasbro will not be sued for this...it is likly just a reactionary measure for the problems.
You kind a wonder what couldn't choke your kids...
Probably no one. Toys = free time for parents, even if kids aren't supposed to have them.
The losers in this are kids, because parents can't be responsible.
I fear the day hasbro has to recal a transformer cause a toddler gets it's greedy little hands on it (if that happens ofcourse)
That's terrible news, my heart goes out to the families involved.
Agreed on what were the kids doing with toys not meant for their age..
I feel bad I really do, but I am sure most of the people in this board are more worried about those peoples kids then they were before they died.
They were probably setting back and letting there kid do whatever and it got into an older siblings toy, or the parent stupidly bought the wrong age group.
That or it was an illiterate person, I am not saying an immigrant but maybe even a poorer individual, probably could not read the safety standards that should be a big concern these days with skyrocketing illiteracy.
I work at a company that makes modular play equipment, it is retarded what kids will do now due to lack of supervision and improper teaching of common sense.
I am sorry but when I was little we had tires in-between railroad posts on our playground had to be like 5 tires high, it was great to climb on and also bees nested in it, it was lots of fun. Also the slide I used to slide on would no way meet safety standards now and I am fine.
We are dumbing down our society so expect many more of theses situations.
This will probably be a moot point since they do make them already but I am sure in the future some obese baby will break a car seat that the parent clearly did not check the weight requirements on.
Sorry but I hate this stuff.
Sad news. I really feel bad for the family (and the children who died, of course).
But like many others say here, this shouldn't be about "Dangerous choking hazard! Recall!!", but how little children need watching.
When our older son was little he ate some desicant which was in a shoe box, we didn't even know it was there. Most fortunately he didn't get sick, possibly because we were watching him and stopped him straight away.
On the subject of age ranges, though. Many, not all but many, are way off. The age ranges recommended would bore the hell outta most kids they are recommeded for. I mean, what's the age recommeded on a TF? I know my son's been playing with my G1s since he was 3. It all comes down to parents. Parents need to be... hell, I dunno, PARENTS!!! WTF is wrong with people nowadays?
Separate names with a comma.