Hasbro question discussion.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Mar 6, 2010.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
  2. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    While not specifically on the subject of the questions themselves but more the answers, I think we are deserving of an explination why our answers from the last rounds weren't answered and what happened to cause it. No more of this "can't say anything about it" bs.

3. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    I will laugh and be a bit cross if these questions don't get answered

4. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Seems like the same questions keep getting asked over and over again.

I like the complexity of the movie toys but hate the designs.

Good to see Hasbro was one of the few companies to actually profit this year (good on you, chaps!:thumb )

On the other hand 95% of my collection is in a storage unit 2 states away. Bummer.

5. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Well, considering the last two Q&A sessions weren't answered, it's no surprise that the questions would be same-old same-old :p 

I'm more surprised at how many people simply don't understand what kinds of questions to ask. I was that way for the first couple of Q&As I submitted, but it's not that hard to pick up on what they will and won't answer.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Personally I think the format is just a bad format.

We want to ask Hasbro questions and Hasbro wants to give us information to keep us interested in their products. But the current method requires you to ask just the right question in just the right way or they can't get out the information they wanted to give out with the Q&A in the first place.

It's too bad that each web site can't submit three questions and instead of answering the individual questions Hasbro takes all the questions to produce some sort of news letter for the fans. Sort of like we got a lot of questions about Generations so here is what we can tell you about Generations right now.

Of course I can see how some sites might like the extra traffic the Q&A gives them, but the current system just doesn't seem like it answers any real questions.

7. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These Q&A's work great for Star Wars but with all these rules and restrictions the TF team puts in place, they're nearly worthless.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    hasbro should really go over TFW's THREE MONTH backlog of unanswered questions when they do this session.

until they do that, I'm not going to bother submitting any questions.

9. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The last Animated figures needs to be addressed OFFICIALLY and with NO BS. I mean seriously.

10. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    This. We need details from the mods on what happened and why it happened, and how we know for sure that its promised we will get our answers this time (like we've heard that before). I resubmitted my questions but I'm willing to bet we will get teh shaft again and the mods won't tell us anything.

So the ball in the the mods court; they need to tell us what happened, cut through the BS into the hard facts. We want to know now.

11. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
  12. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    My theory is that its the podcast's fault. They started the ball on the Unleashed Guy, and this is the revenge.

Anywhos, I'm really frustrated on the same questions being asked that they should know by now that are not going to get answered. I would like to hear questions from design process, such as when we found out more info for Universe Galvatron and the drawings. That was cool.

13. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

It would be fair to answer one hard ball question each time, but gentlemen tamper the frustrations a little. this is supposed to be fun -not conspiracy time.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Especially since some people's posts are reading like they're owed a reason. If the reason is private, and the head of the site has already said it's not going to be discussed, then just let it be. If you want to not submit your questions out of spite or protest, so be it, but then don't complain if questions get answered and they aren't the questions you wanted.

For me, I'd much rather see more questions about manufacturing processes and how the trademarking and creative process works, than dozens of questions asking what figure is going to be released when.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I forgot to ask a couple of things that popped into my head to late.
    I don't know if anyone else thinks they are good questions :

1) Is robot heroes as a line finished completely - or will it return again in 2011 with more movie themed characters - and is there any chance of making more that follow a wider theme at any point in the future certains points have had only very little or no coverage so far and possible areas to feature in the future might be RID, Armada, Cybertron, Energon, & Animated.
    For example -perhaps an assortment that featured each shows leaders or key characters with grudges in opposition packs.

2) Any chance of a Transformer with an Austin Healy Alt mode (like Sam's Dad's Car) ?

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Also I was looking at my archive of pictures and noticed some of the unused designs for Triple changers. such as the excavator/seaplane robot one (which is rather nice in a Gobot kind of way).

And It got me wondering about all those designs as yet unused - should they be given the same prominence as say G1 Comic/TV characters still waiting on toys - like Impactor.

They are in some cases perhaps more of a leftover from Diaclone development but some of them were really unusual and interesting. like the Skywarp/F-15 that was also Megatron.

It got me wondering if there's a niche there for a sort of fan request / retro revist collectors line - which could include characters in any style on a single item basis - any scale any era.

So it might be something like the Diaclone helicopter Triplechanger actually getting a G1 identity or that Llama-jet-robot-triplechanger getting made in a way that matches the G1 era style.

But it makes made me wonder if there's a demand to exactly match the style of a very past line rather than update the character to modern size constraints and articulation.
    For example other Junkions, or the Quintesson Alligator Guards would make ideal specifically G1 like toys.
    If Takara/Tomy made an Arcee toy that was part metal packed in retro packaging and exactly scaled to the Kup & Blurr and Hotrod toys, or if they instead made her like the Targetmaster scale and gave her a small Headmaster Daniel. would people want that ?
    Or would they want a Classics style of Arcee.

Would it be preferable to have a NEW G1 toy or a Classics one - for things Like I mentioned?

This is probably something more in keeping with Takara's remit - but it's also something that piggy backs on the idea that's been floating about of a sort of super-encore line where they'd take a G1 style toy and fix a reasonale number of its flaws while keeping it true to the original - the example being Powermaster Prime with improved articulation and better arms.

Remaking things in the original style also drastically reduces design time - and even asks the question - if people want a bigger Devastator toy - couldn't they make the original design (with some slight improvements to enhance the stability) but twice as big - bit like the Giant G2 toys they had in Korea.

Takara have complained that they can't repro Devastator as there's to many fakes - so why not make the same basic design but twice the size ? (So each component is Autobot car scale ?).

There's other tangental ideas too like what about making new mold cassettes with full tampographs but designed to transform into a variety of new animal modes - like a Kangaroo, Bull, Crab, Crocodile, Lion, Falcon, Scorpion, or a selection of Dinoaurs.

I think the Cassettes as an idea are still desirable and an ideal complement to the Soundwave Dictaphone concept.- they'd suit classics just as well as G1 reissue like releases.

17. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

How about more Soundwave tapes with integrated key-drives?

Also, if Hasbro wants more interaction with the fans, why not cut Orson loose again? They don't need crazy Q&A threads, just cruise the board for general fan thoughts and ocasionally drop teasers and (approved) leaks.

The could have gotten away with using Orson as a mole for YEARS instead of finding him out and shutting him down.

18. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

The ironic part of what you are saying is that Orson could have only been a "mole" if no one in the fandom knew who he was... the crux is that no one in the fandom would care what his opinion was if they didn't know who he is.

You, good sir, have just hypothesized a paradox.

In the previous situation with Orson, he took time out of his schedule and just came here... in order to be fair to the other sites, he would have to visit them too (previously, the other sites got mad at TFW for getting dibs on Archer)... I don't think that you're being very realistic about how much time this would take. Just imagine dropping in on the 10+ websites to answer questions... none the less while you have a full time job at Hasbro. I'm pretty sure he's got a family now as well. The man probably has much more important things to do than dork out on the boards. Just a hunch.