Hasbro Quality Control

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    What happened to Hasbro's QC? Did they stop caring about their products and customer service? Has someone(s) been sleeping on the job?

Everywhere I read it's either unsealed paint, 2 right hands, 2 left feet or a figure not transforming the way he's supposed to. Is Hasbro aware of this? Are they doing or planning on doing anything about it?

What's everyone else think about Hasbro's lack of QC?

2. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    QC Hasn't been a problem for me. In fact, the only two figures I bought in the last two years who have had QC problems (other than an easily fixed loose joint) were Cybertron Excellion (scratched paint) and Animated Starscream (broken thumb).

3. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

I think I'm sick of reading one-sided arguments in regards to it. As has been stated, the folks who are completely happy about their figures don't typically start a new thread to rejoice and worship Hasbro, but those who have beef are fast to post.

4. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I have yet to have any QC problems but the number of posts I see of people who do is climbing and it worries me. This is why I asked, this and nothing more.

5. Ironhide

Ironhide GO Chew On A Microchip!

I had an animated starscream come with no thumb, but I just took him back and exchanged it. Otherwise QC hasn't been much of a problem. I'm really picky and give the figures I buy a good once over till I find one that meets my standards.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  6. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the one I have problems with is Sunstreaker, but I just deal with it. He has a blue zit above his left eye, the right arm keeps sliding off, the doors in robot mode are too loose(black part on the arm), and the gun handle is too small /or the fist hole is too big, to wobbly. but I love him regardless.

7. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Yeah the quality makes me iffy on purchasing anything.

8. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

you know, hasbro has to produce so many toys for everyone on these boards and all the little kiddies so you can't expect all of them to be perfect. and really if you have a problem, you shouldn't have a problem getting exchanging it for a new one. alot of my figs aren't perfect, for example my deep space starscream has a little too much red paint on the eye and it formed a little glob but it wasn't too much of a big deal. its just little things like that. i think hasbro has done a good job but the hts is where i have the problem because of the animated release/total site upgrade fiasco. all in all, i think hasbro is doing fine, i really like animated and i look forward to the universe line.

9. mechabot-1

mechabot-1 Banned

WTF do you expect? they are built in chinese factories by people who could give two shits or not what it looks like or works when they are done building it....welcome to mass production and shit wages folks....smile and wave as you get your fucked up TF out of it's twist tie hell.......

10. Metal Chaos

News Credits:

lol the twist ties are the only problems I have ever had with TFs, other than some crappy articulation but that's more design faulty than QC. I only made this thread though cuz everywhere I looked people talked about how badly the animated figs were and the the paint was coming off all the new Universe figs. Hopefully these things wont be a problem when I get my figs :D 

11. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

....bitter much?

I have noticed a slight decline in terms of overall quality control with Hasbro, but at least we're not dealing with Takara.

Wrong thighs, whole body parts and accessories missing, paint apps on one side and completely bare on the other, etc.

People would say that's what we're dealing with Hasbro right now, but Takara's is wide spread and has been on quite a few lines.

We're lucky people, remember that.

12. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QC is the shit right now

13. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    on the note...does someone have a prowl with left hands? 'cause i have 2 rights that i would GLADLY exchange!