Hasbro QC Sucks or Can I get a little head?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Recently I picked up Alt Mirage of eBay and he arrived yesterday much to my delight.

When I got home I opened up the box and admired Alt Mirage and Ransack GTS (from the same seller) and decided to open Ransack (great figure and nice repaint)

Anyway, I decided to have my dinner before Mirage and put that on to cook.

But Mirage just looked so good sitting there that I had to open it.

Careful opening on the new style boxes (prefer the old style) and laid him out in vehicle mode.

I then decided to watch Pirates of the Caribbean so once that was done it was time to transform Mirage.

Grabbing the instructions (cause sometimes Alts can be fiddily) I started the process.

About three steps in where you've to seperate the arms I noticed something was different to the instructions.
    The head was missing.

I sat in shock for a few seconds, then started looking through the box to see if it had fallen out.
    Nope, no head.

After a few curses, I finished off his transformation.

Now, Alt Mirage is a great figure (though the bonnext is a little bit annoying in robot mode)

He looks great in both modes and transforms well. I'm just annoyed that his head is missing.

I've emailed the seller to see if anything can be done on his eand, but I doubt it and I may have to buy a second one. Might just sell the headless one on eBay.

It is annoying, but it's also highly funny.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i really wanted to symphatize with your plight, but then i keep re-reading the above sentence and a mental picture pops up.

then i spend the next 5 minutes wiping tears from my eyes from laughing too hard.

i really do hope you find a replacement soon. he's in his 3rd restock over here, so i'm sure this guy will pop up.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I imagine it looked something like his avvy, but with wider eys, and the finger pointing at Mirage.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Omg I Lafff At Joo!

5. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, it is funny.
    If all else fails I'll command you to go and get me one and send it over.

Or'll I'll ban you. :p 

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    You took too damned long to open him... The head decided to leave... Next would've been an arm... Then a leg... And so on... Then all you'd have left is the driver's seat...

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    its gremlins i tell ya.

bright lights! bright lights!

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Wow #8 posts in, and still no one mentions the blatant innuendo in the title.

I wouldnt worry about Alts having bits missing though, in a seriousness, I bet it happens all the time, when I got Alt Swindle, he was missing his head, but it turns out he sucks anyway.

9. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

It seems some people at hasbro aren't using their heads, woudn't you say? :p 

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Maybe you can sell it to a kitbasher. They'll throw a different head on it anyway.

Can see Mr Roboto thinking "That's what you get for opening it!"

11. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

did you e-mail hasbro? Doesn't matter where you are, if you have a substandard toy, you should get the replacement no matter what

12. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    really?

cuz I bought a cybertron Override from zellers (im in canada) but the one arm doesn't stay folded under the car due to the clip missing to hold it in place. It wasn't assembled properly in the factory.

I'd take it back and get another one at the store, but I was lucky to find this one, let alone be able to get another from the store.

That's the biggest problem with toys these days, if you get a defect, you're pretty much screwed, because chances are, the stores won't have anymore, they're so hard to find in the first place. :( 

13. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Have you considered renting him to Buzzbeak to be an associate of incomplete skywarp in TFR?...

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Beleive it or not, being incomplete and being headless are two totally different things. Incomplete skywarp is incomplete in the head!

15. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't Boardwise one of the UK mods? Mirage isn't actually out here, so I doubt Hasbro UK could help with it. Sad really, as I really want Mirage.

16. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Yea he is. Of course he'd have to contact hasbro US to get a replacement or at least try Hasbro UK first and see what they recommend. For missing parts, most companies are extremely helpful. It's whena toy is broken that it becomes a problem.

Most times when a toy is broken, the part just isn't on hand and the company doesn't want to just ship off a new toy. This is why they recommend the return to store policy. In the case of Mike's misassembled Override, the clip most likely isn't easy to fix yourself and Hasbro probably doesn't have the ability get get one easily. A missing head is a little easier. They can just pop a head off a figure they almost 100% have lying around and ship it to you.

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I bought a reissue Skids at TRU a year or so ago and he was headless right out of the box. So this isn't that big of a shock to me.

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I've bought at least a dozen TFs that turned out to be headless. I think the factory workers think its funny or something.

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn that sucks. Hope you work things out.

20. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

I'll buy him off you for $15 plus shipping if that helps?

BUt yeah, I got an energon shockblast that was missing one of the solar panels on his back, but he was really rare at the time so I couldn't take him back. I read that sometimes you can send the toy to hasbro after contacting them, but they'll only send you a replacement in the same price class. There was a guy here who returned shockblast (some of the panels weren't chromed) and hasbro sent him an ironhide. :lolol  I don't know about individual parts, though, but I've had good experiences with star wars action fleet stuff back in the day that were missing parts.