Hasbro QC Strikes Again!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ceerad, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up my first few Animated figures yesterday.
    -Ratchet - Good Paint, No Problems
    -Prowl - Good Paint, No problems
    -Bumblebee - Good Paint, No Head

How the hell does a robot with no head make it through quality control?
    This is worse than the Classics Ramjet with no face.

2. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

haha, i have no idea man! all i know is the first animated starscream i had was paint flawed all over. things were blue that should of been red, etc.

i returned him to the store and exchanged for another one with a loose leg. now get this..i return a few days later to find the starscream i returned PUT BACK OUT FOR SALE, already transformed AND not tied to the box WITH his two missles missing that i forgot to return with the toy. LOL!! quality control sucks at that wal-mart. =)

3. Screamin'Star

Screamin'Star Active Member

I'm not exactly familiar with the Animated toy line. But from what you're saying I gonna go out on a limb and make the assumption that your Bubblebee was in car mode when you bought it, right? I mean otherwise a missing head would have been pretty easy to notice, lol, and I thought my problem was bad. Compared to you, I guess I have it pretty good, I mean what's an extra left tailfin to a missing a head? It's times like these that makes me question the point of buying these things.

4. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Your toys were made on Friday or Monday.

5. Screamin'Star

Were you able to get the second one exchanged? I’m only asking because I don’t really have much experience with this whole collectors thing.

6. Jordo02

i did not go in to exchange it honestly....not too big of a problem....i heard that if you use this nail polish stuff it makes the leg more stiff? I dont know. lol.

Get the animated series though, he is certainly worth it.

i have 2 shelves....one dedicated all to jazz, one dedicated all to starscream....and it makes the starscream shelf look awesome next to my 2 masterpieces, statues, movie figs, classics, and revoltech

7. Screamin'Star

Yeah, I’m a bit reluctant to go and exchange it as well, it’s just such a hassle. I mean don’t look forward to getting there and having to explain why it’s defected to some clueless teenage checkout chick.

With regards to the Animated Starscream, I had considered getting him but I didn’t because right now I’m just focusing on getting all the G1 and movie Starscreams and my collection is pretty much complete and up-to-date. If I get the Animated version then I would feel compelled to get all the other versions as well. Which requires more time and effort than I’m willing expend right now.

8. Jordo02

haha, oh boy do i understand what youre saying. =) ESPECIALLY about the clueless teenage girl. haha. its just a hassle. plain and simple.

9. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nail Polish Remover is what it is, but be careful. A lot of nail polish removers use acetone as an active ingredient, which can actually MELT certain kinds of plastic. A gel-based (NOT liquid-based) superglue is much safer. Just apply some to the ball of the loose joint (not the socket), and leave it out to dry for a little while before popping the ball back into the joint. Make SURE it's dry, or you could end up with a fused joint.

10. Jordo02

hey thanks a lot!

is it ok if it isnt a ball joint? but the peg joint?

11. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why the hell are you putting Nail Polish REMOVER on the ball joints? You're supposed to use clear Nail Polish on the ball to add thickness... remover will ruin the plastic and cause the joint to break... if you're going to give people advice, you should make sure it's correct... You're not really correct on the superglue trick either... what you want to do is apply a drop or two of liquid superglue to the assembled joint, and then keep moving the joint as the glue dries to prevent it from bonding... the glue will add a bit extra thickness to the joint, which will add friction and therefore tightness...

Not trying to pick on you, just wanted to make sure people don't accidentally ruin their toys from un-sound advice...

Edit: the liquid superglue will work on peg joints as well...

12. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sad = =

13. Jordo02

wew! thanks! haha. saved me from a tragedy.

my hero. =P

14. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

You can't be bothered to fully return the defective product and knowingly return it incomplete but yet then feel like Walmart has QC issues?

15. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I haven't had that much of a hassle. Just say it's missing a part or a piece keeps falling off and request that they send it back to the manufacturer. One of these days I'll ask that clueless teenage girl for her number. :eek: 

16. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

No head???!?!?!?!?!?!??! WOW

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    just use future floor finish, and you don't have to worry about moving the joint as it dries. just drip it down in there and walk away. its acryllic so no fear either.

18. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

How does that work? Does it dry eventually but doesn't bond? Like drip it in the hole, shove peg in and then dry?

I have always used nail polish on the ball then after drying stuffing it into the joint.

19. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    Dude.... Do NOT use nail polish remover! That'll ruin the toy for good. Use transparent nail polish or future floor finish, or super glue, but NOT nail polish remover.

20. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    id put the glue on the peg to thicken it up. should work. really depends on the joint.