Hasbro Q&A Answers at Cybertron.ca

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The answer to the first question makes a lot of sense. Hopefully Inferno won't be the only new mold Voyager in the line (I don't think it will, but you never know). The reasoning behind the gold and silver logos does make some sense, but it's not a very good reason, imo. We are going to be getting some Animated figures with the more traditional logos on them (Swindle is a good example of this). Good to hear they're going to try and make as many Animated characters as toys at some point. There are some Season 3 characters I really hope get made into toys (Rodimus Prime and Blackout come immediately to mind).

3. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Cool. This makes sense on the faction symbols.

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Yeah I can understand the logic behind the faction symbols there.

5. nOObiE do0

nOObiE do0 noobious maximus

So I guess we arent getting omega supreme?

6. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's good to see Hasbro doing a Q & A. They've been doing it for Star Wars and GI Joe for ages. It's about time they do it for TFs as well.

7. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

=(

noooo!

8. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well, good to finally have a reason behind the silver logos.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Although not all faction logos are visible in alt mode, and only show when in robot mode on the toys. Those don't have to be silver or gold.

Personally I'd rather have the traditional red and purple. It's the Animated line, not something that has to bend to reality like the Bay movie figures.

10. ad0nis01

ad0nis01 Well-Known Member

it all makes sense to me now.

11. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I'd still prefer red and purple faction symbols..but their reason sounds logical. Nice to see Hasbro participating in this!

12. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    I still prefer to have colored faction stickers but oh well. I hope they make alot of the shows Characters into toys. I wasnt the constructicons, screamer clones, etc. :D 

13. thefinaldoom

thefinaldoom Well-Known Member

I hope Hasbro makes a toy of Omega Supreme and all the others.instead of tring to not to make all the animated toys,they should stop making all these movie drons.They are getting annoying!!!!!

14. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I remember at BotCon, when asked about Leader Lugnut, they said they'd consider if there was a demand for it. Considering they were being asked about it at an entire convention *about* Transformers, one would assume that the subject being brought up in the first place (and multiple times) would be enough to show that, yes, there obviously is demand for it. I mean, where else are they going to guage the demand? From good or bad sales of the Voyager version? From kids & parents who don't spend time on TF forums or sending emails to Hasbro's customer service dept.?

Slowly but surely getting to my point...

If we have an 'in' like this - being able to send question to Hasbro that they actually read and might even respond to - I think we should exploit the opportunity while we can and address things like Leader Lugnut, Voyager Sentinel, maybe some non-uber-elite wishlists for Universe characters, etc. The worst that can happen is that they don't ever make them, but at least we'd know they ARE aware that many of us want them.

I dunno... imo that seems to make a little more sense than asking about things like faction symbol colors or creating dozens of the same 'wishlist' threads.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    too bad tehy didn't answer the universe Jazz question i asked.

i ca't wait for movie preniums&The BB 3 pack.

16. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So, is TFW going to get to play on the Q&As, or do I need to start regularly visiting Cybertron.CA?

17. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Easier than paraphrasing it.

18. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Ha, I didn't see that part. Woops.

Either way, the topics don't have to be posed as one by one questions per se. Maybe a more generic approach ala "when do you consider something to be in demand?"... or some such. It's not so much about getting a direct yes or no answer - just something... anything... to at least help get the information from us to them is all. Though it would be interesting to ever get official reasons as to why characters A & B were made small, why characters C & D weren't made at all, etc. since it's a bit tiresome seeing certain members always make up their own unfounded "facts" over & over.

19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Ohh, decent explanation instead of corporate spiel, well played Hasbro.

I'd still prefer red and purple symbols but at least it wasn't a lame attempt at being stylish.

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, it's good to see Hasbro actually participating in stuff like this with the Transformers fandom considering that they've been doing it with others for awhile now.

As for question one I'm pretty sure we've heard most of that before. The only really new information in there is their reasons for adding the Voyager Class to Universe when it was only supposed to be in Animated. Glade to see the line is popular enough in their opinion to do this... I guess that also explains why all of them up until Inferno have been repaints as they were a late addition to the line. Hopefully we'll see some more new Voyagers besides Inferno soon... not to mention I do hope they keep up some repaints here and there. Good repaints are always worth a purchase in my book.

As for their answer to the faction symbols... eh. I get their reasons, but I still don't like it... especially when half the toys faction symbols disappear when transformed into their alternate mode. Only a few are actually visible in toy form and I would actually prefer the red and purple classic symbols... this isn't the movie and it doesn't need to adhere to realism like the movie did. Not to mention guys like Sentinel & Jazz have their red symbols (got them both and they look kind of out of place with the rest of my Autobots because of this) and looking at pics of Swindle he appears to have a purple faction symbol... so, it doesn't make any sense to me. Why do it to some and not others? And, seriously, why did they omit Voyager Prime's symbol all together? Oh well, hopefully Swindle is a sign that they won't be doing it from here on out. I hope. Of course, then there's the Leaders and their enternally red symbols... even Megatron...

Good news about Animated... hopefully everyone who's at least had more than a background cameo will get a toy. I'm looking at you Mixmaster, Scrapper, Thundercracker (full sized please), Ramjet, Sunstorm, Femmescream & Omega Supreme. And that's not even counting the guys rumored to be in season three. As far as cameos go though... I do kind of hope that we get a full sized Cliffjumper and an Ironhide. Well, in any case, it's hard to say what Hasbro is going to do, but I do hope that most everyone can get a toy.