Hasbro pulling DOTM auctions on ebay as "counterfit"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Apr 29, 2011.

1. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In one of the threads about the DOTM toys showing up early someone posted a link to one for Sentinel Prime and I bit like $5 just so it'd be in "my ebay" and I could see what it ended for. Well, today I get this email:

There's more to the email, basically legal stuff to get your money back if you'd paid for the item, but WTH? Has Hasbro ever had auctions pulled before? There were a ton a few months back in China and this auction was obviously someone in the US who just got it early...

Weird.

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Yes, but not sure if that applies specifically to retail products.

3. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

This is a generic response given to all items pulled for their "reason". Ebay actually is extremely difficult to deal with when it comes to this, their online one-on-one customer support is the only thing that helps sellers. Basically, what happened is someone found that auction and closed it by stating that the item was counterfeit. There are actually entire TEAMS of people who scour ebay all day to find items like this and close them. Sometimes it's legit, many times it is not. The idea is that if anything in the title like "knock off" or "bootleg" is stated, then it usually gets red flagged.

The worst part about this, is that who-ever made the complaint, is given EVERY piece of information you have in your ebay account as a seller. Just FYI, they give the sellers information out incase they re-list the item, at which time there can be legal action against them. Pretty messed up IMO that they can give out the home address of a seller, without first verifying that the one who made the complaint indeed owns/has the copyright to an item.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Street dates apply to Ebay as well...

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Off-topic, but seeing the word "counterfeit," I think I just found the perfect term for people who refer to HQ KOs as "replicas."

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bingo!