Hasbro Posts Stronger-Than-Expected Profit

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by prime292, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prime292

prime292 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hasbro reported a higher-than-expected quarterly profit on strong demand for its preschool toys and boys' lines such as Nerf foam products, sending its shares to an all-time high.

Revenue rose 3 percent to $1.31 billion, topping the $1.29 billion analysts had expected. Excluding currency changes, it was up 4 percent.

Looking ahead, Hasbro holds licenses to make merchandise tied to 2011 movies releases such as "Transformers 3", "Thor" and "The First Avenger: Captain America."

Hasbro's entertainment and licensing segment's revenue fell 34 percent due to declines in "Transformers" and "G.I. Joe" movie-related sales.

For more details :
    News Headlines

Kind of surprised by such a big drop in sales when it comes to the big 2 but I guess when you look at how much shelf space Transformers and G.I. Joe get during a movie year it makes sense. That being said I would like to see the break down of each separately... of that 34% what brand took the biggest hit. My guess is GI Joe. It seemed like it was almost a year between the movie release figures and the new line that is on the shelf now. I don't recall a line of figures or vehicles released between the 2.
    Movies really do fuel these 2 lines and allow them to grow even if a lot folks do not like the movies. Any way good news over all.

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Already Posted

3. prime292

prime292 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just realized this was already posted... my bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.