Hasbro Play Rewards - any processing errors?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by undertaker, Apr 29, 2008.

1. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

YES, got my Rewards certificate yesterday!

NOOO!!!! - My $152+ of receipts got me... a $35 certificate???

Hopefully, everything works out with this. Made the phone call this morning... A customer service rep. said her supervisor will get another certificate sent out for the other $15.

Did anyone else receive less than they should have for the rewards?

2. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my first one came in fine for $50. My second one had some exclusives, so lets see if it works.

The one I got says on the front sheet that it can be used for Walmart, but the back lists a bunch of other places as well. Did anybody else get that? What does it mean?

3. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

Yeah, I got mine yesterday and my $152+...got me a $35 gift cetificate. Undertaker, what number did you call to get this resolved?

Where can these gift certificates be used?

4. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had more than one set of the 4th wave basic Target exclusives on my forms I sent in. I still got the full $50 reward.

The store suggestions on the front sheet are just paid advertising for the particupating stores. The certs can be used at any store shown on the back of the sheet. Make sure you take the Retailer handling Instructions though, they're liable to be confused by the cert.

There's a big list on the back of the sheet. Pick a store and go for it.

5. undertaker

Exclusives still count (I called them before about that; some exclusives were shown on their master list of what qualified). What's interesting is that the front of your sheet said it was good at Wal-Mart. My sheet said Toys R Us, and I know I sent receipts from multiple stores. I'm wondering if I jumped the gun and that they send multiple certificates with the front sides of each being "specific" to one store. Perhaps my $50 is going to come in two or three different certificates being labeled for TRU, Wal-Mart, and Target.

There's a number just above retailer handling instructions: 1-800-353-1347.

6. Wajo357

News Credits:
    I don't think so...

I bought from multiple places as well and they gave me one check for $50 with "Walmart" in the front.

7. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

sent mine in with receipts for about $160 worth and got a rebate fo $12!! I called and they're sending my other 38. apparently they didn't bother to read the other upcs I listed on a 3x5 that wouldn't fit on the original form

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I sent mine with like $95 in stuff... $12 back. WTF?

I plan on calling them as soon as I get a free minute.

9. undertaker

That's what I assumed, too. Unfortunately, I now expect my brother to have the same problem with his coupon (ie., my second coupon). I think the real problem behind all of this is that they weren't paying attention to the additional receipts and forms/3x5 cards.

10. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

okay... so now they're saying they lost or never received the additional upcs I sent in on a 3x5 card, eventhough I stapled them to the entry form! they're refusing to send me a check for the other $38 now. What bunch of complete assholes. thanks for nothing hasbro

11. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Mine too... They managed to scrape up another $5 to send me, but not everything I had requested.

And the bitch on the phone pretty much called me a liar. That was awesome.

12. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

I wish there was someone we could talk to about this, from the incompetence of losing the upcs to the rude people on the phone. I'm not very happy with hasbro right now

13. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    that is the competency of minimum wage workers....jack & shit......

14. undertaker

I don't know if you can get in touch with one of the supervisors. There's no reason they should be giving you the run-around like that. I wasn't sure if the customer rep. was blowing me a bunch of hot air, but when she said she'd fill out some paper work for her supervisor to process my missing $15 of rewards, she meant it. I got my other $15 in rewards yesterday or the day before.

15. jimmynguyen41

jimmynguyen41 aka Special Agent JiMMeRz

News Credits:
    i got all mines 3 x $50 coupons...and most stores didnt care if you bought toys or not because regardless its a check...

not to sound shady but i had to return one of my TFs and the lady gave me cash back.

16. Wajo357

News Credits:
    Thats my experience too...
    You don't HAVE to spend it on Hasbro toys... and you get cash back when you return items.

17. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

I had the same experience as you undertaker. I called up and the customer rep asked for my information and looked me up and said she was sorry for the confusion and that I did qualify for the full credit of $50. She said she would fill out some paper work and that I should receive the difference in 2-4 weeks. I received the remaining money in about a week.

I think those of you who have had trouble should call back. I just sounds like you talked to a bad rep.

My girlfriend called in because she hadn't received anything and she sent her in at the same time I did. She talk to the rep and was told that it had processed yet but it would in a few days. She received an email the following day saying that her request had been processed and to expect a gift cert.

18. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I also sent receipts for $159.99 and they only sent $35. I called and they said I didn't send the other receipts.

19. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Guess I should consider myself lucky, I got back the appropriate amount-- $50.

Also, they're just giving you guys checks for one store? My $50 check just says "AUTHORIZED RETAILER" on it, which according to the list on the back of the paper that came with it, is any non-online store I've ever purchased TFs at.

20. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    It's a traveller's check. Good anywhere on the list. I think I might go to Wallyworld and get some White Castle burgers courtesy of Hasbro... Maybe some gum and MMs, too.

I'm not going to bother calling back... $17 for essentially free (a stamp and some effort isn't much at all). I figure I still made money because I didn't buy anything I wasn't going to buy anyway.