Hasbro plans for the next couple years????

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hollywood Hoist, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the strong posibility of the writers strike ending, the chances of Transformers 2 being released in their original time frame is there.

If TF 2 does come in 2009, what will happen with Classics 2.0/Universe. If I remember correctly Universe was a way to continue realistic vehicles in the absence of the movie line.

Animated is already being talked of lasting at least 2-4 years, so those toys will continue.

I can't imagine having 3 simultaneous lines going on. Is it posible that Universe is once again just a temporary line until the second movie?

2. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe while the Transformers 2 Movie line is doing realist vehicles well get some beasts or no vehicle TFs in Universe.

3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Movie lines are by nature temporary, and Hasbro is well aware of this so they would plan accordingly. Animated is already their main line and will still be by then, the movie and Universe lines are a bit less important than that one.

Besides, the writers' strike wasn't a toy designers or computer animators or graphic designers strike. They didn't need a script to start working up designs.

--Moony

4. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True on all accounts, but this movie line did last nearly a year and a second movie line could potentially last as long. Though it wasn't a toy designer strike, they still need the story and characters to make the toys based on. If there is no solid script then it's just making random characters in hope that they'll be in the movie.

5. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I don't think it will interfere at all. The timing would just have to be planned to ensure that you don't have Animated clogging the shelves or too many Universe etc.

6. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I'd be willing to bet that when the new movie line starts, the Animated line will take a long break. A movie collection is about as big as a mainline, so I doubt they'd have both out at the same time. As for Universe, it's probibly like Classics was, a one shot deal with the chance it could continue later.

7. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I could see them having Universe take a step back to let the Animated and Movie lines run in parallel. With the Movie you are going to get a solid spike and drop with the release of the film, and with Animated you are going to keep a solid base amount of sales.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    As long if we have all three i don't care.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If anything, the question should be, "if the sequel were delayed, will we see more repaints in Universe to keep product on the shelves?"

Hasbro has probably planned out what they want to be doing in some rough form for a good while now. I remember they were saying at Botcon the Movie had been planned for a long while, and everything had been leading up to it. I can't see why this would be any different.

At the very least, they will probably have already considered and prepared for both eventualities.

10. butz

butz slippery when wet

I have a hard time seeing any line, especially a main line like Animated going on while they're trying to sell movie figures. The cartoon may very well still be going at that time, but I think the toys would probably take a little break. Universe, on the other hand, seems to be like a catch-all for whatever TF sub-lines they are doing. If thats the case, theres not really anything to stop them from putting it on hold and starting it back up again whenever they feel like it (albeit, likely with a new focus).

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've just made up a little "time-line" (haven't actually put any dates in yet) for what I guess will be the TF scene for the next couple of years. This is assuming that they'll go and make at least 2 more movies (which I think is highley likely to happen). It also begins when the Animated line finally hits, and that's why there isn't a space of Movie before the first spot of Animated. I personally don't see any other line going on at the same time as the Movie lines, maybe a little overlap at the begining, but that would be about it.

[​IMG]

12. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I smell another one of those "Classics must continue for ever." things.........

13. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

The film will probably be delayed- the last film was, was it not?

14. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated will probably continue while the movie is out.

They aren't going to stop one line with a installed fan base (the kids who watch Animated) for a movie line then have to repick up Animated.
    Besides Animated is planned to go on for years.

At the most Classics 2.0/Universe will take a back seat.

15. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

When is Animated and Universe slated to begin???

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Animated is slated for around June, and Universe is slated for around August, at least here in the US. They're supposed to start in the UK earlier though (couple montsh or so).

17. butz

butz slippery when wet

According to the newsletter, Classics 2.0 is only going to be the initial waves of Universe. Classics will probably be done and over with by the time the movie gets here (regardless of whether the movie is delayed).

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Things could always change by that time. As we saw with Classics 1.0, a line could continue on longer than origionally planned, though I'm not going to hold my breath for the line to continue after this run. Depending on how many repaints of the new molds we get in the line, we could potentially see some in the Movie line (the sequel's line that is), that way we could get more new molds in the first run of Universe, and also get all the repaints/remolds out of them threw both the Universe and Movie lines. We won't really know for a while, so everything now is pure speculation as to what Hasbro is going to do. I just hope that whatever they do, that we do get a new Combiner. Doesn't really matter to me what line it's in, or what side it's on. I'd also like to see some RID "Classics" (aka modern updates), but if they do make some, it'll most likley be a while before they get to that line.