Hasbro, Panic & Paranoia

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Sep 18, 2012.

1. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just another reason to despise Wal-Mart. I would love to have a better understanding as to why retail went away from 80's and prior practices. Thanks for the info.

2. WidowMaker91

WidowMaker91 Well-Known Member

Um you realize this isn't exclusive to Hasbro/Transformers right?

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Then you're being completely unreasonable.

Bumblebee has all but dissapeared from recent PRID waves, and he's not in Generations, so your point is kind of rendered moot.

4. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    To be fair; Generations isn't getting stocked terribly well yet; and most stores are still clogged with an overage of Bumblebees.

Not saying you're wrong, Hasbro's definitely on the right track; but the Bumblebee scenario is still somewhat valid.

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I feel similarly. I don't even bother anymore. Scalpers with more time and money than I do get to everything that isn't Bumblebee in the blink of an eye, reducing my options for good toys down to almost nothing. Also toys are expensive and the quality on the plastic just bugs me. Don't get me wrong, I still love the franchise, but moreso at the media level. Toys just don't interest me anymore because Hasbro has been slipping... a lot.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think it's fair to say that all stores aren't stocking up on Generations yet. Stores in my area have been regularly stocking the first wave of Generations. It's probably different from region to region, but areas are stocking them.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That's the problem with threads like these. People see what is happening in their immediate area and assume it's the same everywhere. Which, like you suggest, isn't the case.

8. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, exactly. People don't wait for a consensus to build anymore. Lately it's been, "Hey, Toy(s) XYZ is (shelfwarming/nowhere to be found), what the hell is going on? This is bad!"

9. 420bot

420bot ******

Hasbro should just release every toy from now and forever with the name "Bumblebee" on the package.

Mind you they will not be Bumblebee molds inside, just the name on the package will simply state Bumblebee.
    Each figure will be for example; Generations Arcee, DOTM Soundwave, MP Shockwave, Prime Galvatron, so.... every figure you've ever wanted or dreamed of will finally get released.

There problem solved... now every figure EVER will be released and they will come in huge over stocked droves.

And Hasbro will be happy that they get to sell three billion Bumblebees.

Happy?

10. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Seriously. I've made the jokes about tripping over FOC Shockwaves, but I am dead serious when I say that, if anyone who lives in this county can't get one, it's because they're not going to the store. These things are incredibly common.

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    True. I'm starting to think we have another case of over ordering Wave 1 again, at least in my area.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yes there are still some places where the shelves are almost a sea of yellow so it will be a while yet before some places aren't just shelves full of Bumblebee. I look forward to the day when it's not a load of Bumblebee figures, but that day isn't here yet.

13. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Hopefully they start disappearing sometime between Black Friday and Christmas.

14. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    How can you wait for consensus and expect it to mean anything when waves have a shelf life of maybe eight weeks and about half of that is wasted waiting for the toys trickle in?

15. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Easy. It's called patience.

People didn't right off Tuner Mudflap as a shelfwarmer weeks after it showed up at retail. That took time and multiple people from multiple areas stating that that thing was still hanging around.

People also didn't assume a few weeks after the initial Prime FE deluxes (the three that did get released) first showed up that the rest were canceled. That took weeks of waiting and waiting until people starting giving up, followed by the official announcement from Hasbro about the miscommunication on their end.

And again, this speaks to people not assuming that just because their local area has too much or not enough of a certain thing means that that applies to everywhere, because it doesn't. People come around assuming that just because it's a certain way in their area ("Prime and Generations are shelfwarming!" vs "Generations isn't getting stocked at all! Oh no!"), it's like that everywhere. There is no waiting around to see what others are reporting, just people randomly coming in and complaining or assuming things about retail stock as a whole, which gets really annoying after awhile.

16. Cobra

Cobra Have been lost for awhile

I have to agree. I have yet to see a single Vehicon, Airachid or Dreadwing. I'm getting so tired of trying to look for stuff and coming up empty handed. After the crap with the SW vintage figures I have stopped looking for the SW figures I want.

While I'm looking, I keep a watch out for what my friends kids are wanting. If a collector can't find the new toys what are normal parents/grandparents chances? I have done this for years. I help several people find presents because it is becoming harder and harder to find the toys kids want whether its Transformer, Star Wars, Skylanders(craziness), or Monster High.