Hasbro Panel said the 13 will be based on Greek myth so which..

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    .. Greek god does each mimic?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Not necessarily the gods. They could be based on Greek heroes, mythical creatures, legends, etc.

3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think the feel was more that each Greek God has a domain that they rule over.

Each of the 13 would have a domain that was to be theirs and theirs alone.

4. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Yeah, I'm with Aaron on this: I think the basis of their similarities to Greek Mythology comes from the fact that they've each got their own domains.

So lets go over the ones whom we know:
    Prima is the guardian of light
    Vector Prime is the guardian of space/time
    Nexus Prime is the guardian of Rarified Energon (the building blocks of Transformer life)
    The Fallen was the guardian of entropy

Now, from this point it falls into the realm of speculation:
    I speculate that Alpha Trion is the guardian of foresight (based on what Hasbro said at Botcon). Mind you he's also the guardian of Vector Sigma.
    I speculate that Logos Prime is the guardian of reason (since 'logos' is latin for reason). Of course, this depends on whether Hasbro accepts him as one of the Thirteen. I don't see why they wouldn't.
    I speculate that the Liege Maximo was the guardian of darkness. The reason for this is because its mentioned in the G2 comic that he was created as a counterpoint to Prima, the guardian of light.

Finally we have the Last Autobot who's never been confirmed as a member of the Thirteen. If he was however, he'd be the guardian of Cybertron itself.

EDIT: Hmm. According to the Hasbro panel, Megatronus (whom people are saying was the Fallen's original name) was the guardian of darkness. Doesn't this fly in the face of Dreamwave establishing him as the guardian of entropy? I guess he could be both: darkness is quite chaotic after all. But then, I wonder what the Liege Maximo was the guardian of.

5. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    Also the way they were drawn and how Aaron pointed out the scale (Using Prima/The Matrix), it's clear the Greek God comment is more a visual manner.

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can you give details on the drawings? Are they larger than standard Transformers?

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Let's put it this way: The hilt of Prima's sword is the Matrix.

8. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Whoa...whoawhoawhoa.

This is just getting to be too much.

The guardians of space? Time? Light? Entropy? Jeeeezus.

Um...why can't they just be the first 13/leaders of the Transformers? Why do we have to bring this "god" complex thing into it? It seems to be taking it waaaay too far for it's own good, establishing really no purpose and just being generally mary-sueish.

Cybertron. Robots. Let's just call it there, can we?

9. GreenChick

GreenChick Well-Known Member

Our franchise has beasties and dinos and ancient incomprehensible abomination aka unicron too. A few god complex transformers ain't going to kill anyone no matter what the fanboys say. Plus Optimus is worshipped like he's Jesus, what, pagans not good enough.

10. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Just saying I think it's piling too much lore onto the franchise, I mean, the guardians of the basic building blocks of reality, etc?

I just think that it sounds like it's too much for no reason. There's no need to take it THAT far. I don't need my Cybertronians to have been creators of the freaking universe, y'know? Alien robot life forms from another planet is plenty to work with, thanks. It's like Drift, just too much stuff piled on for his own good.

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Thing is, it was already this way back in like 1988, the latter half of the G1 comics. Furman apparently liked his stories more grandious than Budiansky. Then his G2 comics kept the same pace. Then when he got into Dreamwave, he started introducing new elements into his space opera, starting with The Fallen. And Hasbro's just let the stuff keep coming in. Then Takara added to it with Vector Prime, and it's carried on with the Fan Club comics introducing the Nexus Prime story.

So, basically, this is nothing new for the franchise. It may not be something you're used to seeing, if you're more of a cartoon guy than comic (you certainly didn't get stuff like this in G1, RiD, or Animated). The thing is though, as big as it all SOUNDS, it's a fairly obscure part of the storyline. In most of the continuities that this stuff is used in, it's generally presented that the Transformers themselves are unaware of it until it's flung in their face.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it's a rather fun part of the mythology that really doesn't hurt anything but adds another layer to it all.

Plus if you base on something like the Greek Gods then you have to figure out what things were really important to the Transformers as these would be the major 13 gods. If it's like Greek Mythology then you could get lots of minor gods to cover bits not totally covered by the 13. And of course ever god has to have their champions so that's a period of great heroes to explore as well.

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    It really fits in a way for the greeks and romans when you think about it.

You have the titans, Unicron and Primus, and then their 'children'.

It works for a polytheistic basis we already had with Primus and Unicron, plus maybe it'll stop the entire 'christ' comparisons.

14. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

I'm really digging this whole Greek mythology layout Hasbro's doing with the 13.

I think it was confirmed that Megatronus Prime became the Fallen, btw.

@ SentinelPrime: The layout for the first 13 has been like that for awhile. Perhaps not the specific powers listed to each member, but the idea of each of them having either god-like powers or extreme responsibilities have been evident. Vector Prime was confirmed as the guardian of space and time in TF: Cybertron. Nexus Prime being confirmed as the guardian of Rarified Energon in the FunPublications Comics. The Liege Maximo being an extreme force of darkness (not confirmed at the time as an official member of the 13, mind you). Being fiction, you might as well make it epic.

BTW: What's entropy?

15. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess it's fine that the 13 will be all godified, but I liked it more when they were just the first 13 tf leaders with one going crazy. I'd also rather each of the 13 represent a type of transformer (i.e. Combiner/Seeker/Scouts whatever) than control some element. Still, I'm glad if this indicates we may be finding out more about who makes up the 13.

Though I still think Megatronis is a lame name. :/

16. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

the real question is will Hasbro be releasing the 13 First Forged/ Primes a future line (Prime, Generations, TF 3, HFtD)? My guess is that they might be gearing up for something big for either 2011/2012 or even the upcoming 30th Anniversery

17. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

Well it seems like they want to marry the western and eastern themes from all the Transformer shows and media. Which is fine with me, its about freaking time too. All Cybertronians that are noteworthy should exist in the same reality if you ask me. Don't get all zelda on me hasbro! lol

18. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Entropy | Define Entropy at Dictionary.com

Basically, death, decay, rot.

19. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

How about no? I always liked the more mystical aspect of Transformers, these new 13 are awesome. You donĀ“t like it? Sucks to be you.

Personally I would like they would follow a zodiac pattern myself, but I also like the Greek myth. A transformer named Heracles would be awesome.

20. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Yes.
    Aaron Archer said they were massive beings and that at the moment, no toys were going to be produced of these characters.