Hasbro MP Starscream & Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Incepticon, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    So we all already read the news that there *might* be a Hasbro edition of Masterpiece Starscream done in his correct colors... but what do you think about the news that they would also like to possibly do a Masterpiece Grimlock? That totally floored me when I read it, and now that they said it, am giddy as hell that the idea is even in someone's head over there (at Hasbro).

2. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm doubtful we'd see for a few years, if we ever did. I don't quite think that it'd be the size of Prime, i'd think they might got for the same size/height as Starscream as it'd probably be slightly cheaper than Prime was, I think that's the one flaw of the Masterpiece line, it's so expensive that casual fans, and kids can't afford it so sales are much lower.

3. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

If Hasbro ends up making their own Masterpiece Starscream will it be drastically different from the Takara version?

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't see why they'd make a whole new mold.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    It would likely just be the same mold with cartoon/comic accurate colors.

It would be nice, though, if they made him the same size as Prime. That's what finally made me cancel my Takara order - it wasn't so much the bad colors as it was his incredibly tiny size.

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i believe theyd have to mod the mold slightly.

mp screamer has these fragile/sharp pieces at the end of the tail fins, thatd i'd think violate the western safety standards - even i keep pricking my fingers. thats the only thing i can think of.

still, i'd rather see a a mp megatron 1st. that looks EXACTLY like g1 megatron in bot mode.

7. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Most likely they'd just recolor Takara's, but if they really like us, they'd develop Takara's original version of the mold (technically just a resin sculpt) into a full-fledged toy. But that'd cost many times more, while repaints are practically free. And that assumes Takara didn't destroy the original version or something.

It'd be nice if they PRINTED on the Decepticon logos and tail markings though---stickers suck.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, I'd say we're pretty much assured to get the MP Starscream at some point, but it probably won't be till after the movie. They just don't seem to want to comment too much on their plans for after the movie... and that's understandable considering that the movie is pretty much going to be the majority of 2007 for them starting up in June... and than there's the two preview figures that are going to be released in may... aren't those supposed to be in the Titanium line according to Kickback? Anyways, when we get it, I think it'll be better than the Takara version for one very big reason... he'll actually have his G1 colors.

As far as the idea for them wanting to do a MP Grimlock... Archer's been saying something like that sense way back in the day when we all first saw images of 20th Prime. Someday we may see it, but it's not even a prototype or anything... just an idea that they've had for awhile that would be bad ass, but not something I really want to think about to terribly much because it could be something we may not see until the 30th or 40th anniversary of the line... and god I just don't wan to think about another ten or twenty years at the moment...

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's no way Hasbro could release that unless it were an action master, which a lot of fans might not be into. Personally, for a leading Decepticon I'd rather see a G1 accurate Galvatron. Great design and there's no reason they can't get away with a completey unrealistic purple cannon.

10. Somebody

Somebody ReBoot

News Credits:
    Bear in mind that an MP-Megatron would be something like twice the size of a real gun.

Still, not that it WOULD ever happen, just pointing that out :p 

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

WTF don't put this stuff in rumours, I nearly died when I saw the thread title.

BAD PUPPY. BAD.

12. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah, sorry, I didn't realize I put it in the news section until after the fact. Thought I was posting it to General Discussion.

13. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I think I know why all the symbols are stickers for the Takara/Tomy MP-03, they know that a lot of people would try to repaint them, so to make it easier for these people, they left the symbols on the stickers so that when they are done repainting, they can apply the stickers

14. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

15. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would be nice, but I'm just so much of a paleo-geek that I would require it to actually be a darn good representation of a Rex...

Who am I kidding.. gimmie gimmie!

16. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

So make MP Megatron a rifle!

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

where did we read this at?

18. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    What about a MP Megatron with addon-armor to become Galvatron? He could even have the same transformation, even though it would look weird.

19. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Nah, its because Takara are also selling this to aircraft collectors, Macross fans, and general japanese mecha collectors who would not normally buy TFs because of the kiddy image that (Takara themselves actively pursued) TF has over there.

Model aircraft generally have a massive amount of decals so they can customise the squadron and number.

20. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

What news?