Hasbro MP Rodimus issues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MoonStreakr, Aug 9, 2011.

1. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    ^ This

I have had them on my desk transforming them and displaying them quite a bit since i got them but I am very careful with them as they are MP Grade. I've also noticed Red paint from the separations in the Car Dome coming off to show the blue plastic underneither and my spoiler is also starting to loose some paint. The worst is the Chrome though as I can repair everything else but that.

2. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, it really seems like the finish is the bare minimum standard. Probably the worst MP in that respect so far.

3. Starstriker

Starstriker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hmm, any idea where you saw it? In this thread or another one?

4. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Offset it against the cost of fixing the toy's design flaws?

5. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Mine doesn't have any paint issues, but it does have a bad wrist. Its forearm halves have a gap in between them near the wrist and i took it apart and tried to fix it to no avail. It transforms fine, but it just looks ugly.

6. Starstriker

News Credits:
    Can someone take a close macro(flower feature) shot of the feet and how they tuck under the seats? So I can properly fit the hands/arms?

7. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

News Credits:
    i have the same issue as the guys above. the chrome is simply wiping off. rub it and its gone

8. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    MP-09 doesn't seem so bad all of a sudden, huh?

9. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    Indeed no he does not ;)  So happy I got MP9. I got the TRU version to have one or 2 to screw around with. But its pretty sad when my 1 month old toy's chrome looks the same as my 25+ year old hot rods chrome on his pipes.

10. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

I seem have gotten lucky on my MP Rodumus. All the chrome is still on for now and nothing has broken on him and I have transformed him a few times now. The only problem i have is the clips that plug the chest in to the body dont hold very well at all. But i think that was a problem with the Takara version as well.

11. SuperGodzilla

SuperGodzilla Well-Known Member

It's not the positioning of the feet, it's the ankle joints. When you extend the foot down, you'll notice rivets/nubs, not sure what they are called, at the top of the ankle. One of those, is slightly larger than the rest. When you rotate the ankles up, you want to make sure the largest one is flush, with the rest of the leg. Otherwise once you peg the legs in, the arms will never go in. If you still have issues, just put your thumb where the ankle joint is and push it in until you hear one click. You'll be good to go.

Besides, there are pictures and videos (particularly Peaugh and Emgo) all over the internet, that explains how to transform the feet properly, if you get stuck. Use these references. They are your friends.

12. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Yeah, feels like I made the right choice too. I'm tempted to get one of the Hasbro ones for Offshoot and to bung something in the trailer, but I have no expectations of it being a decent looking toy with sub par QC.

13. Starstriker

News Credits:
    Thanks I will go check out their videos.

14. Starstriker

News Credits:
    Update. The video helped a lot. Thanks!!! Now I have him transformed correctly

15. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

The Habro version is good. Not great. I am pleased that I purchased MP-09. Yes, I paid a lot more, but I think it was worth it. Now I have a Rodimus Prime, and a Hot Rod.

16. Sam Witwicky

Sam Witwicky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I got my Rodimus today and as I was taking him out of his plastic tomb his left arm fell off so I figured I'll just put it back on him once I get him fully out but to my surprise the peg had broken off. I blame quality control for this mishap as this is a first for me opening a Transformer and something being broken on it. I plan to just super glue it back on and let dry over night and it should be good as new. I guess all toys are not created perfect even Transformers no matter how much money we spend on them they will never be unbreakable.

17. bdougwrx

bdougwrx Well-Known Member

The main reason I picked MP Roddy was because of Offshoot, but he ended up being not that great. Nothing really wrong with the figure, I'm just not 'feeling it'.

I think Pinpointer from the HA Basic Tailpipe and Pinpointer set is a much better Targetmaster.

18. bdougwrx

bdougwrx Well-Known Member

Damn that sucks. Can you return him to TRU?

Mine has some scuff marks on the spoiler from rubbing on the cardboard. I like the packaging of Roddy verse the Rubik's packaging of TRU MP Grimlock, but they should have found a way to protect the back of the figure from the cardboard backing.

19. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I think I'm exceptionally lucky as far as Rodimii go...

My first MP Rodimus (Takara) had a mis-assembled arm... the rotating bicep 'cuff' on the right arm was one meant for the left arm (While the left arm was correct, meaning I couldn't swap). BBTS upheld their awesome customer service, and allowed me to ship him back for a replacement. The second has been as good as any I've heard of, with the only real gripe being slightly derpy ankles, and a backpack that doesn't like to stay clipped together.

My HasbRod, however, is close to perfect as far as QC goes. No issues with the chrome, everything is tight and smooth, paint is excellent, and the backpack clips together perfectly.

So, it's not like they're ALL crap.

20. Mattress T

Mattress T Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My only issue is the chrome. Rubbing and flaking with minimal handling. I put a VERY thin layer of future on the chrome and stopped the degradation in it's tracks. It has dulled the shine of the chrome only VERY slighly, and was well worth the saving of my chrome!