Hasbro MP Optimus coming to Australia in October

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by griffin-of-oz, May 13, 2012.

1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Oh, joy. An American playing the "expensive is relative" game.
    If you honestly think you can say that its the same for Americans to buy Takara products as for us to buy Hasbro products, while you get both for cheaper, then you have already failed at making a good point.

Seeing Americans whine about prices will ALWAYS leave a sour taste in our mouths because we will ALWAYS be paying more then what these people who can't accept that they're lucky are paying.

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think I answered this post in my last post actually... so, I don't get where this "game" you speak of comes in. If anything, the whole, "You can only think ____ is expensive if you live in _______" comes off like a game. The only point made is that no matter what you pay where you are, what you pay will in no way, shape, or form contribute to the factors that go into someone else thinking something is expensive. It's extremely simple, and honestly, the sour taste in people's mouths would vanish if they'd stop being concerned with the purchasing preferences of others.

And it's funny, because I'm definitely not someone who bitches about prices, but I at least can respect the fact that not everyone has the same lifestyle or income than me and does not have the same purchasing leeway. There's more to "expensive being relative" than what something costs in another country.

(Edit: And just to make it clear, I have total respect for the fact that these toys are much more expensive in other parts of the world. It really is just a matter of something that may be looked at as cheap to you, or me, or anyone else personally doesn't mean that it necessarily HAS to be looked at a cheap by others.).

And, with this MP-10 deal... October can't come soon enough.

Answered above.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  3. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    Actually it would vanish if every second thread would stop having someone whining about $15 Deluxes.

4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Yet looking at this thread you'd expect them to sell more than 3 to 1. $100 seems the sweet spot for the vast majority that were/are interested to do it. Does Takara still win if they sell at 6 to 1 ratio? I dunno, I doubt these things are gonna shelf warm.

Agreed. Trimming the smoke stacks means fuck all, there will always be after market longer stacks to replace with to make him look right.

On a possible UK release this is nailed on for £100. The $1 = £1 thing really pisses me off as at current conversion rates $100 should = £62ish. At 60 quid it would be an unbelievable steal considering that is what MP Grimlock & Hot Rod were. I also had another thought earlier, I'm pretty sure this is a tester for a western release of Ultra Magnus but what if they are lining up a full Rodimus Prime (with trailer) release too if/when Prime sells well? Rodimus gets another stab at the Western cherry as 'The Complete Edition'.

5. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, can't see it to be honest. I would be interested to know what kind of sales figures he conjured up in the TRU release. I doesn't make a great deal of sense to include the trailer to be honest.

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't stress it, TJ. There will always be a champion for 'American's don't know how good they've got it'.

7. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    He would have to be deco'd like the Takara version with black shins to give him a difference between the older Hot Rod variant. Not impossible but highly unlikely I know.

8. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    I always find it hard to remember the best advice I've been given when talking about international vs national markets.

"Never get in an argument over some Americans and their sense of entitlement".

9. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Relax,all of us are just speculating,no harm saying out our price range for this Hasbro MP10

10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^This to the MP-10 cannot arrive soon enough and +1 for your awesome post. you are DEFINITELY not someone who bitches about extreme prices when it comes to something uber awesome and imported. ;) 

11. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe you've heard this one.

'Ignorance is never an excuse for being ignorant.'

No?

Not surprising as I just pulled it out of my entitled ass. The moral here is don't make assumptions based on blind hatred and then attempt to post it on the internet as some undeniable truth.

12. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Living in America is so lucky, you guys gets the cheapest TFs :) 

Edit: That's why I have to resort to asking my American friends to grab some deluxe TFs whenever they come to my country (i.e. I have to pay $27.90 for a regular deluxe TF & $150 for TRU MP Screamer)

Months ago I had to ask them to grab a FE Voyager Bulkhead in the states, as in my area I have to pay $59.90.

13. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I couldn't agree more. We are very lucky. With that said, its unnecessary to have International members slam a US member for discussing prices.

14. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Lucky about toys, but unlucky with a flippin' recession and insane unemployment rate throughout the country that leads to a lot of citizens, toy collectors included, to barely even being able to obtain a job paying this country's low minimum wage.

As said, there's more to why people in this country find things expensive, but for some reason job, economy, etc. etc. just seems to disappear from people's minds because "toys cost more here!". Just because a country pays more for TOYS doesn't mean that the the average person in that country has equal expenditures in every other aspect, or the same income to bill ratio.

It's just a ridiculously shallow thought process, and even with that, the overall truth to the fact that no person has the right or "entitlement" to tell someone what they should and should not feel is expensive for themselves and their budget which they have absolutely no clue to remains. If you don't know what someone does, earns, or what other bills and priorities that they have going, you don't tell them how to spend their money or what is or isn't expensive for them.

I feel that any more insight into this is just going to become talking in circles. It won't change a thing in terms of that entitlement that some people have to tell others what they should think.

Now, with MP-10... do US and AU releases normally coincide with one another then?

15. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, we are very lucky. But we have also had a HUGE (Seismic really) shift in monetary policy as of late and I expect the party to end in the near future.

As to starscreams piont, I offer this:

Never underestimate the huge chip on the shoulder of some towards America.

16. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

This is good news. Can't wait to pick one up.

17. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

As long as it's under $120 it's so bought... And I already have MP-10.

18. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    :lol 
    Well, I hope Griffin has learnt his lesson not to offer speculation on U.S. releases.

Excitement on this board has had the tendency to quickly spiral into absolute bitterness, lately.
    So many people are pessimistic when it comes to Hasbro.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  19. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    I just want the dammed thing in my collection. :lol 

20. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Since we get the same packaging/production run of toys as you get in America (you can see our Hasbro's address details on the packaging), our toys will usually be within a month of the American release.
    We don't get everything (if the waves are quick, or we are at the end of a line), and sometimes we will have delays of a few months (if a line isn't doing well), but when waves are release here, we are pretty close to the American release.
    We even keep track of the differences between releases between our two countries, here - 2012 Transformers Toy Checklist for Australia

And yes, there is more to life than toys, when it comes to what each of us are lucky to have, or should have.