Hasbro MP-07 - Masterpiece Starscream - TRU Exclusive

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Erland, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks like there isn't an actual thread just for Hasbro MP-07 Masterpiece Starscream so, here I am making it.

I wrote this up for a different thread so I'll copy and paste it in here and add some pictures later on.

I have 3 of the Seekers.. I have Thundercracker, Acid Storm and now Star Scream all of them are Hasbro. TC is the worst of the 3. That doesn't mean he's bad but he doesn't lock in at all. So if you pick him up by anything attached to the slider, it comes unlocked and moves.

With my Acid Storm, they fixed this issue. They turned the missile pods inwards, putting pressure on the cock pit. It takes some force but once it's pushed into place, it stays put. I can pick him up by any piece on him and shake him and he doesn't come loose. They fixed the wing hinges on this version as well. Instead of the wings having plastic all the way around the pins, they took out some of it, giving it the ability to pop on and off rather than breaking.

Starscream is just like my Acid Storm but it's a lot more tighter on all joints then Acid Storm. This means when you push the cock pit down into place, and work it in there so it's placed properly, then it stays put. The only issues I have is that his fingers came in backwards so I had to turn them around. They actually came in just like they are pictured on the box. With the squared edge on the inside so it makes making a fist hard as hell. Once you turn the rounded edge inside, you can move the last knuckle without issues and it stays in place and doesn't pop back into the straight position. The legs are rather hard to get out of plane mode, they are almost scary tight trying to unlock them. Also the left wing, Starscreams (in bot mode) left wing, keeps popping off at the slightest touch. Out have everything I have issues with, this one is the worst.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you look at the shoulders here, this is the only major issue with mine.

[​IMG]

2. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My MP-07 Starscream is perfect.

The fingers were backwards and I had to turn the around( no biggie) had same issue with Sunstorm.

No issues transforming Starscream, wings do not pop off, chest/midsection locks in nicely....solid figure. No QC issues to report..

Best Hasbro seeker yet!

Now some pics...review thread must have pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    what pilot does he come with?

4. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A black version of the standard pilot

5. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    thank you

6. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    the legs on mine are a PITA too. i caught my thumb in one collapsing it and started bleeding...

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Mod

News Credits:
    Overall, it's a nice figure.

It's probably the tightest version of this mold. In a few places, it's a little scary how tight it is. I'm pretty well versed with the mold, so mainly it was just me making it do what I want it to do. I really like it comes with a display stand instead - that's one of the only things I dislike about the TakaraTomy recent releases.

The gray plastic is really thin. I can put my finger behind the gray tail fins and I can see my finger. The reds are the typical cheap red plastic Hasbro is infamous for using since Alternators Optimus Prime. The blue on the hands doesn't match the painted color on the forearms well. The box is a mixed bag of horrid design.

Again, overall it's a great figure - it can really display nicely, and looks pretty great at a glance. The value at roughly $60 is just a steal. Anything more than $80 or so, and you might as well just spring for a MP-11.

8. Yaujta

Yaujta ANUTFORAJAROFTUNA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just picked this figure up today. I don't collect MP's, but I figured I may as well get Starscream to go on the shelf with MP Shockwave when it comes out.

Overall, not bad. I had the Walmart version back in the day, and the transformation is nearly identical. The changes are noticeable, but not so much that the transformation isn't confusing.
    I dislike the changes to the shoulders. Move the arm, and it dislocates the chest piece. Also, the head looks odd higher up than the shoulders.
    It's also extremely light, so much to the point it feels fragile.
    Oh well. I got it for less than retail, so no big deal.

9. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TRU sent me a 20% off coupon and I had a $5 off rewards and picked mine up for $47 after tax.. well worth it...

Added Pictures to first post.

10. Yaujta

News Credits:
    What is the little C-clip used for?

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A bit of an artifact from the original Starscream release. It pegs into the hole on the bottom of the nosecone, and it allows the Megatron handgun from MP-01 (and probably MP-13 Soundwave) to clip underneath, as was depicted in an episode or two of the G1 cartoon.

12. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Ah, okay.
    Nice little add-in.

13. TheDK

TheDK Member

I got mine yesterday and finally opened it today. Joints are much tighter than Thundercracker. Had a small issue with the chest where one side wasn't inside and was riding the edge. Once I popped that into the place the chest went down all the way and is solid. The fingers were backwards, just a quick rotation to fix that. Seems I have two right fins, also. The left one sits funny in the clip and pops out easily because it is the wrong piece (I think).

Looks great once you get him into place though!

14. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Is there any place to store the little "pilot" figure other than the cockpit?

If I leave him in there when I transform Starscream into robot mode, he gets stuck.

So, is there any place to store him underneath the stand, like there is a little peg hole for the c-clip?

15. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

I do store the little pilot inside SS and have no issues of it getting it stuck. If you rather store it under the stand you already have the answer. Place the pilot inside the c clamp then the peg hole. If it's too loose, cover the pilot with a little plastic wrap to bulk up the mass a bit first.

16. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Actually prefer the lighter cockpit and face of this one over the Takara.

17. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    agreed. and the metallic blue. might paint his chest and intakes...

18. Rewind

Rewind Giant Memory Stick

News Credits:
    Just gave mine the once-over and a transformation. I love how tight everything is now - although the wing roots are a bit floppy in bot mode so they tend to sag a bit. Otherwise everything is aces on mine. Clean paint work, nothing missing, no wrong parts. I'm enjoying this much more than my previous experience with this mold (Thundercracker). I still like the iGear Starscream a bit better (mostly because of colors) but this one easily has a better head.

Well worth the $60.

19. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I got Starscream today and he's glorious!

One problem though: during transformation into robot mode, this little piece popped off and shot across the room. The other side is flat with no details. I was on my lunch break and had to get back to work, so I didn't have enough time to transform it back into jet mode or really study it to see where it came from. Does anyone recognize it? I think it came off while I was transforming the torso.

[​IMG]

20. jetrobo

jetrobo Well-Known Member

I think it's a screw hole cover on the right side of cockpit area