Hasbro Masterpiece figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Skywarp181, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quick question, Did hasbro answere if they were gonna make a skywarp or thundercracker masterpiece?

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    There has been absolutely no announcement for those two. Takara only so far.

3. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    what about grimlock, is there a U.S. release for him being talked about?

4. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    i doubt it. I feel that hasbro is not interested in targeting adult collectors. There are too many people un-willing to spend the money. Granted we only had MP Prime 2x and walmart SS. But MP Prime didnt exaclty fly off the shelves. Japanese collectors seem to be able to afford higher priced toys than america collectors. This is just how I see the majority of collectors.

5. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    how much did mp prime sell for on the shelves here in the u s?

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Originally I found mine at Wal-Mart for $70. I have a feeling Grimmy will come here, but not until after the second movies merchandise starts slowing down.

7. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    thats great to hear!!!! what do u think the price will be

what was the price of ss?

8. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Starscream was $50.

and hopefully Grimmy comes over here, I don't know if I could afford it otherwise.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The price of SS was $49.99 and he was a Wal-Mart exclusive. If Grimlock gets a state side release he will probably be about the same on both counts.

The only comment Hasbro has made about Grimlock is that it's on their 'to do list'. Which means that it's possible we could see it as a winter exclusive this year during the movie line like we did with SS back in '07.

As far as TC & SW go... I wouldn't expect Hasbro to bring them over here. Sure, repaints would help them recoup the cost of the mold and stuff, but TC & SW just don't have the presence and recognition to sell a $50 collector's item (and the MP figures are generally more collector oriented then kiddie oriented).

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They have talked about it, but we haven't heard much from them about it, and there is no confirmation yet. I think they'll most likely bring him over. Hopefully either as a mass release, or a Target exclusive (NOT as a Walmart exclusive, as I don't buy anything from them anymore). I think that Grimlock is a popular enough character, and dinosaurs in general have done really well here, that they'll bring him over eventually. If not, it would be cool to see a Voyager class version based off of the MP design. Basically make it a smaller and simplified version of it.