Hasbro+ Marvel???

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by butz, Jul 1, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

I read somewhere, a while back, that Hasbro recently got a license for Marvel stuff?? I didn't think too much of this at the time (too excited about TF Classics to care) but is there any truth to this? If so, what is the extent of this license? Can they do figures, or is it just limited to like games and stuff?

2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

It is true that Hasbro is with Marvel. There is one detail though I see a lot of people overlook. Toybiz will still be taking care of the actual production(like designs, sculpting, etc) and what Hasbro is really doing is taking care of more of the distribution because they have the better capability of having bigger and better distribution. So it seems like its not going to be that big of a deal and that much of a change.

3. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I worry that there will be new version of a few characters (like Wolverine and Spider-Man) just about every wave and less characters that are not as high profile. Like with a lot of the DC lines where you get new Superman and Batman but only that first wave 3-4 years ago had them look comic book and now they are all "night attack" and “neon green deep sea diver" junk.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

*points to Spider-Man line from Toybiz*

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

Aside from Marvel Legends, how would that be any different to how Toybiz did things?
    *also points to Spider-man line from Toybiz*

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    That too.

But at lest in the Legends line the reappearing characters like Wolverine and Iron Man are from different eras of the character. I just really hope some of the less famous characters can still get a chance.

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

So, Hasbro is still having the Toybiz guys do the figures, they're just handling the distribution? I take it that means that the overall aestetic is going to remain the same, and they're not going to cut back on the articulation?

8. Brandon

From the sounds of everything I've heard, I think that's pretty much the just of it. I dunno, for the moment, there doesn't seem like there's anything really to worry about right now.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I remembered correctly, one of Marvel's outgoing heads mentioned that ML will still be in the 6 inch format but I agree...chances of secondary characters appearing maybe reduced...

10. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

According to the news we got way back when, Hasbro is taking over manufacturing, and distribrution. Toybiz will still be doing the design work.

I wonder what this is going to mean for the plastic used in the figures. Toybiz World Wide (No association to Toybiz) knew how to make clear parts that were flexible but not floppy. Hasbro doesn't seem to have any self control with the flex agent, in their clear parts.

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

I was actually hoping they would cut back on the articulation.

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Blasphemy!

Actually, they are pretty unstable. I still haven't figured out how they can stay in the same spot, in the same pose for months, then suddenly come crashing down.

13. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Oh no, artic = BOOYAH, Bullseye, and SMC Super Posable Spider-Man = the top artic a figure should have*IMHO every figure 6 inch scale should have thier type of artic unless they are super big and bulky*, and most MLs have the LEAST artic figures need, if they ain't got ML artic*or at least CLOSE* i don't buy em*unless they 3 3/4 inches tall or transform into vehicles/beasts*

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I can't wrap my head around that one either.

15. butz

butz slippery when wet

I stopped collecting most of Toybiz's Marvel stuff because of ML- I don't need things like an articulated chest. I've been buying their Marvel stuff (mostly X-men) since way back in the 90's; back then I used to complain constantly how they needed better articulation, and should go back and revisit some of the older figures. Towards the end of the 5" line they were doing much better (super shooters Beast, for example, is perfect in my eyes as far as articulation). Its great that they've more or less done a complete restart with Marvel figures (pretty much starting with the ML line) but now they have way more articulation than I like, and in some areas it even compromises the mold (not to mention stability).
    I really wish they would go back to making the figures more toy-like.

16. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    The articulation is perfect as is IMO.

As for the details of the Hasbro deal, it's been said that SDCC will hold huge news for us.

17. Brandon

I think that is perhaps the most annoying and frustrating moment to have, when your sitting there and they all just tumble, especially after you've got them posed the way you want to. Curses!

18. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Saw the first couple of Hasbro waves of Marvel Legends. They're still using ToyBiz molds/designs, so your fears can be put to rest.

Think of your old Marvel Legends figures, only easier to get a hold of.

19. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    THANK. GOD. (especially that last part)

20. Uni-En

Uni-En Well-Known Member

Nice!!! Kickback can we see the pics:) ???