Hasbro loyalists

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grandum, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right, so I was thinking to myself about Hasbro loyalists - the kind of Transformers collectors who only collect Hasbros transformers and nothing else. Ie, no Third party, Takara or KO stuff.

I just find it to be a weird phenomenon - as a kid I was completely oblivious as to which toy company made what toy. If it was a transformer I knew from the show then I wanted it.

So why would a collector take that standpoint as an adult? If a Third party makes a product that looks more like the one in whatever show you watch, then why wouldn't you want that instead?

2. Inner-Demon

Inner-Demon Instrument Of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Handle):
    My assumption; line compatibility. Beyond the prices for imports and how expensive other items can be, everything you buy from Hasbro goes together. It might look better to them, and I would wholly understand that.

3. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Different collectors have their own perspective in collecting, maybe some find their likeness in Hasbro products, hence the Hasbro loyal list

4. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    For the same reason that there are takara loyalists and pr loyalists etc: personal preferance.

5. Stepper

News Credits:
    yup,for me i will get both Hasbro & TakaraTomy whichever i feel comfortable with

6. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    For me I generally only buy hasbro products because I can find them (for the most part) easily and at prices that are not killer. I feel like the majority of Transformers collectors in the U.S. will probably share this same reason therefore being more likely to be "loyal" to hasbro.

And before this thread I did not know of people claiming to be hasbro loyalists. maybe there should be a poll to see if this is actually a big demographic.

7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    For me personally, I only get the Takara stuffs that aren't released domestically in the U.S. EZ Thundercracker would be one of them. However, if given a choice between two damn near identical decos offered between Takara and Hasbro, I'll save the bank and go with Hasbro every time.

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because some people don't care all that much about "show accuracy" and are more concerned about a product's monetary cost or other factors.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    /thread.

10. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Does it matter why someone buys something? We all like different things. Hell, I like Action Masters and Pretenders. Does that make me an action master sympathizer?

Am I getting too old for this, or are internet forums in general spiralling out of control with these topics?

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's deffinately the latter.

12. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Pretty much. I hate being 'branded' just because I don't feel like spending $50 on a deluxe-sized toy, you know? Hell, anything Voyager and up is when I start debating whether it's worth it.

Collecting is a hobby that I already sink a lot of money into. I don't need a label because I can't/don't spend more on non-official items, thanks.

13. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

My third party acquisitions consist solely of the little heads for Ratchet and Ironhide G1.

I don't have unlimited money to blow, so I concentrate on G1 along with some Generations and RTS.

More than enough things to get there as it is, so I don't blow money when it doesn't fit those categories.

I will admit some of the third party stuff has gotten nice enough to almost suck me in.

I do Takara/Hasbro and usually one mold a character and that's it. It's a hobby not a investment opportunity :popcorn 

14. Stepper

News Credits:
    But some collectors do take this investment opportunity,for example,scalpers,hate them thoroughly.

15. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i get the figure from Who ever the hell is selling it...take DOTM vortex....you will wait till hell freezes over for hasbro to make that transformer...takara is selling it as an exclusive...and i want to try to build a set of classics combaticons so takara got my business....

3rd party fan/companies i do not buy from...there is no one to really goto if there is a QC issue...

and i an not a fan of the NOT...inventors..

NOT devastator...NOT springer...etc

16. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I have one simple reason for being a "Hasbro Loyalist": most other things are way too expensive. Though I will be getting KM03 Cyclops when he comes out...

17. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm simply a Hasbro loyalist because I can't justify spending 100 bucks on a deluxe sized toy.
    Oh wait, I have a Henkei, my opinion is moot :lol 

18. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    The only TF stuff I get are from Hasbro, but I wouldn't call myself a "loyalist." The other companies's stuff don't interest me or cost far more than I'm willing to spend.

I dislike labeling. I collect almost exclusively Movieverse stuff, but I won't call myself a "Bay Fan" (or baywuner or whatever the term is) since I enjoy other series just as much (if not more) but in different ways.

19. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I'm a Hasbro loyalist too. For CHUG, I cannot justify the expense for chrome. I also don't bear any ill will to people who do think the price difference is worth it.

20. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have to point out the irony of this post coupled with your signature with botcon bugbite...who's almost $200 right now on ebay. made me laugh. personally, i don't worry too much about what it costs, as long as it's either a) the definitive version of said character or b) a great toy over $200 and i start to get picky though eg mp-10 i like it, but for $250, i can get a star saber