Hasbro it´s in Brazil... Now what?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap587, May 18, 2008.

1. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    Since the Transformers release show in 1984 the Brazilian fandom are immersed in a void of TF toys and merchandise. The "Estrela" company produced some Minicars (Optimus and Malignus) and after that NOTHING... After several years Estrela made some importation (a little BW, Beast Machines and Armada) but in low quantity and poor distribution... Pifious. Finally Estrela lost the rights to import and sell TF toys and Gulliver assumed the place, importing the Movie line and Cybertron line... But once more in low quantity and bad distribution (but they made a better job than Estrela, of course!) - And recently was noticed that Hasbro arrived in Brazil... (finally) Now I need to ask... What kind of job Hasbro is planning to do around here? Maybe this time we will have a real and decent treatment about TF toys... At least I hope so. Because since the 80´s until now, we Brazilian transfans have to buy TF toys on ebay, paying great values with shipping and absurds IMPORTATION TAXES (because the ridiculous brazilian politics that protect the local toy companies that sell only dolls and board games) - We are avid for action toys but we simply don´t have it.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I don't think this is news, so I'm moving this to TF Toy Discussion.

I feel for you guys, though. I hope Hasbro manages to at least put in the half-hearted effort we get here. It's not perfect, but at least we get something.

3. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    Sorry by place the thread in the wrong session...

4. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I didn't know that Hasbro didn't have an official representation over there, I guess you will have the same distribution as the rest of latin america, which was very good in the movie hype until toys sold out (but this happened everywhere).

5. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

Hi rattrap, best of luck getting newer stuff from hasbro! even though the only "old" stuff that came out were the estrela minicars those are really highly prized by collectors.

have you been collecting a long time? when you were a child what other sorts of transforming toys do you remember? the reason i ask is brazil and s. korea + taiwan had many trade agreements and cooperative political alliances in the past and i'm wondering if any of these foreign toys ended up being imported into brazil?

6. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro is smart as hell if they are moving into Brazil, their economy is boomin'!