Hasbro is getting a head of themselves.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Since the Botcon 2011 exclusives like Ultra Magnus and Treadshot are using the retooled heads Hasbro revealed to us in the instructions of these molds. It got me thinking.

Did Hasbro intentionally created these retooled heads for only BotCon to use? or did Botcon got permission to use the retooled heads as the original purporse of the head retool won't be released this year?

Also what do you think was the intended charecters for the head retools shown on many of the Generations, HFTD and RTS toys?

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    lol nice title. I thought i heard somewhere that the Treadshot head was official, but that could have been a suspicion, not entirely sure

3. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    They were not created with the intent for only Botcon to use them. Hasbro created stuff for Hasbro to use. Hasbro has just given permission to FP to use them for Botcon. If that means Hasbro is/is not using them soon... no way to really know.

Some heads(Tracks/Wheeljack, Thunderwing/Blackshadow) do have specific characters in mind, however some do not. Hasbro designers said so at BC'10 panel, I believe specifically in reference to the heads for Lugnut, Jazz, and maybe others.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

People have been speculating that the alternate Jazz head was meant for this guy. I think it would also work pretty well for this dude over here.

5. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I think its the cheap route....they only real new heads are Gigatron and Metalhawk...

6. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    ...and Soundwave... 3 new heads is the usual number for a Botcon boxset. So nothing "cheap" compared to the standard.

7. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Molds are often cast now with two heads from the get-go, often times "Just in case". Whether or not they ever get used is a different story.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  8. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

It does, however, mean that we may see these heads in mass retail, unlike the regular BotCon exclusive heads. But for the people getting them anyway, it's nice since they're getting the new mold heads early.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd assume Hasbro doesn't care which head(s) included with the mold get used for Botcon, as long as it's not for something they were already planning to do themselves.

10. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Agreed.

But normally, new heads are made by FunPub so they have exclusive rights to them. This is a nice little preview for us, and I honestly find the use of Ultra Magnus to be pretty exciting (since it means that Nemesis Prime/Scourge is still a possibility).

11. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

After seeing that head I'd say there's a pretty high chance of it happening. It definitely looks like it was designed for an evil character. Which I find to be way cool, as we'd get a Scourge/Nemesis Prime that's actually different from normal Prime.