hasbro is full of it on their galvatron excuse

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by roy_flagg00, Sep 19, 2008.

1. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

I saw this question asked and felt that it needs repeating:
    how is it possible that Hasbro got cyclonus so perfect and yet they completly failed with galvatron? they are going to look so terrible side by side. someone at Hasbro must really hate galvatron for what they did.
    "hey, I know, lets take one of the most powerful characters in the transformers universe and make him an aweful toy with an aweful alt mode and an aweful vehicle mode! Lets also experiment with weird joints, meaning less parts, and strangely proportioned bodyparts!"
    Is there any way to find out who is resopsible for approving/designing galvatron? He really needs to hear a peice of all of our minds.

2. ad0nis01

ad0nis01 Well-Known Member

Whoa! yeah I agree with you. He could of turned out better but I don't think its that serious enough to actually hunt a person down and give him a tongue lashing over a toy. Lets just hope they get it right the next time.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Yes, the toy isn't very good, but you need to calm down.

4. roy_flagg00

sorry, it's just that I was really hyped about this figure, and it ended up crappy. so bad that their is no logical explaination as to why. my ultra magnus is going to tower over him. thats just not right.......
    :cry 

5. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    The Universe Galvatron mold is full of fail. We need to get a message to Hasbro stating "Redo or GTFO" nuff said.

6. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Hmm, heres a tought... don't buy it. They just saved you $10!!!

Theres so much stuff coming out constantly, I have to hope that atleast half or more are crap. If they were all INCREDIBLE AWESOME I would be one broke sob.

There are quite a few really good Megs already out there to choose from.

7. roy_flagg00

plenty of megs, sure, but not many galvatrons
    they are always repaints of megatron, just like ultra magnus is always a damn repaint of prime
    Maybe fansproject can fix this one too......
    one can always pray for a miracle.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    The Galvatron mold is a good mold, the only problem I see with it is the size. If it had been a voyager, joints could have been reinforced better and it would have reduced the limb popping off feature. Overall I really enjoy the Galvatron toy.

:lol 

9. DarkKnightPrime

DarkKnightPrime Banned

Its good enough for me, Jesus its just Galvatron, If it was Megatron it might be worse, but I dont need an explination. The alt mode is a god damned tank, I tought it was ok, but for me its just Galvatron. Im not a HUGE OMG toy speculator attaxor die guy, It good enough, for me they are just toys, there is only so much you can do with plastic.

10. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

I personally quite like the mold.
    I don't care about the size, because I love Deluxes.
    This is just a boring whine thread, that doesn't provoke intelligent discussion.
    All it achieves is you venting.

11. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Anyone who doesn't like their Galvatron is welcome to send it to me.

12. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Or me.

13. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Given the number of people complaining, we should both be able to amass quite an army. Hell, we might get enough to have representations of all the Marvel comics Galvatrons. :D 

14. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Then a disgruntled fan can make a post using "aweful" spelling.

As for Cyclonus, I'm wondering how you can declare it perfect when most people have seen nothing more of the toy than promotional images?

15. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like how Cyclonus looks, but I'll hold off on deciding whether it's a good toy or not until I've actually got one in my hands. I thought Galvatron looked really neat, and I do still like his appearance, but the engineering flaws in the mold make the figure a mess. No way for us to be sure right now that Cyclonus won't have similar problems.

16. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I seriously hate that Galvatron figure. So disappointing.

I think I honestly prefer the G1 figure. I'm usually pretty lenient about Hasbro's design flaws too, but this figure is just plain awful in my opinion.

He should be 10x better than what we got. Weak.

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The problem with this line of thought is many people buy figures based on the characters they represent. As such if the mold of said character is less then stellar, many people will be excessively disappointed. And because it's a more obscure character who's not known for getting new molds it means it will be a long time before we see another new attempt at this character in a new mold. Hence the disappointment.

I agree completely. I love my Galvatron. He has plenty of articulation and looks great in both modes with an interesting and unique transformation. The only problems I have with his is his one arm does pop off easily and the fact that he is so tiny. Had they made Powerglide a Deluxe and Galvatron the Ultra I'm sure far more fans would have been extremely happy. In both changes.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally think the real reason behind his small size, is that the design was origionally meant for the titanium line, but since that line has been canceled, he was then moved over to the universe line. May not be the truth, but it makes perfect sense to me.

19. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I think people just need to calm down and move on, I mean it's just one toy.

20. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think hes far to complex to be a tit figure imo. i love this figure and am really glad we got a figure out of him at all